Opinion Okunbor

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
To be fair mate, there’s was a fair bit of pressure on some of those takes and he did well, I’m sure his confidence had been down so was good to see him have a strong game.

Like I said, the “AFL” style catching will lead to errors if he keeps persisting with this all the time for the cross-field kick.
The pressure was put on by himself as his flaws have been exposed for all to see. In today's game all he did was play a decent game and did what every winger does naturally every week.

Our expectations are so low of him that ppl on here get excited coz he caught a few balls. My point is nothing about him has changed. He is still very bad in many ways.

Yes we won and it was a good win but the reality of it was it was a really poor game from both sides and they never really threatened us at all after the first 20mins.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The pressure was put on by himself as his flaws have been exposed for all to see. In today's game all he did was play a decent game and did what every winger does naturally every week.

Our expectations are so low of him that ppl on here get excited coz he caught a few balls. My point is nothing about him has changed. He is still very bad in many ways.

Yes we won and it was a good win but the reality of it was it was a really poor game from both sides and they never really threatened us at all after the first 20mins.
Yeah, fair play and I agree with the standard today, lots of errors. Was expecting loads more traffic to go down his way but Titans did some dumb things...

They’ve got a bunch of blokes not of first grade material....

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
2 tries... he was so magnificent standing on his wing and catching the ball and put it down to score. If only all wingers were like him.... brilliant effort, not many other wingers could stand there like he did..
He’s a winger, where the fuck are expecting him to be? FMD, if he comes in jamming in on defence you’d fucking complain he fucked your dog wouldn’t you?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He’s a winger, where the fuck are expecting him to be? FMD, if he comes in jamming in on defence you’d fucking complain he fucked your dog wouldn’t you?
it's called sarcasm. Use a dictionary if u dont know what that means

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mate it's been a tough season for the supporters.
Can you let us enjoy the win.
I have been one of their harshest critics on TK, but what is clear to me now is that the playing group have bought it ....to dean pay, the coaching staff, but more importantly to our colours..
I think we are going to Do ok this year,, might surprise some people

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Happy he had the game he did. But in saying that he should perform that way every week. Not on good games.

Also there was a time where he was literally standing there in defence and they lobbed a ball over his head and he literally stood there and looked at it like an asteroid went over his head in shock.

The tackle Remis made late in the game and rolled the guy into row 3...... doubt Jayden would have.

Hope the try’s and the bomb defusals gives him confidence. But he does lack a bit of speed and his defence is turnstile to be kind.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mate it's been a tough season for the supporters.
Can you let us enjoy the win.
I have been one of their harshest critics on TK, but what is clear to me now is that the playing group have bought it ....to dean pay, the coaching staff, but more importantly to our colours..
I think we are going to Do ok this year,, might surprise some people
I hear ya and agree with u on most things but i tell it as it is. Okenbur didnt do anything special and it irks when the do gooders come on here and all of a sudden praise him like he did something spectacular. He played a basic game of football.

Even at 16-0 i knew we could come back and win as long as we got some ball.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys got a big body run by a tiny heart.

Like a postie bike motor trying to run a Mack truck - only effective with a tail breeze down hill.

Give me a winger who will contest everything, and who believes he is better then his opposite number.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Scored two tries
184m
2 line breaks
5 tackle bust
Caught every high ball

What more do you want from a rookie winger
agree totally .. what those stats dont show is the tough runs he made coming of our own try line with a lot of power, getting our set on the front foot really well..

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Persist with him and hel be elite. Was running a lot harder yesterday and perfect under the high ball

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
you have to remember we were playing the Titans...… another bottom feeder club not the Roosters, previous weeks he's been very lucky not to have been hooked

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be honest will become a superstar in a similar vain to a manU vatuvei.. like Jayden for almost two seasons manu couldn’t catch time and patients healed that and he became a beast to me Jayden has even more upside but just like many you will great games and then shocking ones

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scored two tries
184m
2 line breaks
5 tackle bust
Caught every high ball

What more do you want from a rookie winger
Stats show he made 2 errors. I dont remember him making any. Did you see any errors from him yesterday?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stats show he made 2 errors. I dont remember him making any. Did you see any errors from him yesterday?
Contesting bombs in attack