2019 Federal Election

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Labor's policies were based around long term economics. Liberals were based around short term economics.

People only care about what happens to them in the immediate future. They see distant future problems as problems for future Australia.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I voted Labor, but this result does show there is a silent majority in this country that in my opinion is growing.

From a selfish view I just hope the Coalition stick to their promise of the policies set out for First Home Buyers at the least.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I voted Labor, but this result does show there is a silent majority in this country that in my opinion is growing.

From a selfish view I just hope the Coalition stick to their promise of the policies set out for First Home Buyers at the least.
Not selfish at all. I just want the lying loud mouths to keep their word, whoever is "running" the country.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank god labor didn’t get in just a sneaky campaign trying to hide how much they were going to tax us all

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How you took my response as me saying it's too easy to claim benefits I don't know. Some people have no interest in working, but if they decline a job offer it's a reason to instantly cut off their benefits. If you quit a job there is a period of time during which you can't claim benefits either. Not sure how long it is since I've been working almost continuously for the last 22 years.

At this particular glasshouse they saved big money by employing close to 50% of employees on 457 visas. Roughly $100 per employee per week. When that's 250/500 employees it is a big cost saving over the course of a year. Of the remaining 50% about 15% were backpackers, 25% were the spouses if immigrant students with about 10% Australian workers. I know at least 8 Australians that applied to work there that couldn't get a look in.

And according to a couple of friends who work at employment agencies, they take in $1600 per Australian that's unemployed on their books. So it's good business sense for them to funnel immigrant workers into jobs before Australians. I was told it was advised that they keep Australians unemployed until they do at least one useless course on writing resumes and application letters. That's close to criminal in my opinion. Funnily enough John Howard's wife made a crap load of money this way before she was forced to sell her employment agency. I guess that isn't exactly on topic here though. But a big example of vested interests of the wonderful way Howard ran the country.

By no means do I think claiming benefits is the preferred option for the vast majority of Australian people. It's not the first choice for the majority of unemployed Australians to be unemployed. Nor do I think it's too easy to claim benefits.
You mean Kevin Rudd wife not howards

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
A couple of points...

• The result proved the galaxy polls mean SFA considering that they predicted Labor was going to win in a landslide
  • The people in Warringah are gullible AF voting out Abbott for that pest Zali. They actually bought the shit that Turnbull’s son was preaching despite the fact that they voted for him in the 2016 election when he wasn’t even PM (what changed in that electorate between then and now that made them vote Tony out?)
  • Abbott should now retire young and enjoy life now that he is no longer a poly. I actually think he had to make tough calls as PM but he was cleaning the mess that Rudd/Gillard left before him, and was made a scapegoat
  • Albanese is favourite to become ALP leader

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why are people angry with QLD?

I was too busy last night and didn’t follow the election.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its interesting that when labor was backstabbing each other people used that as the reason to vote them out and make fun of them, but the liberal party can do it and its ok

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well I laughed a heard a couple walk past me saying this morning as I was having breakfast ... fkn qld
Guess they were labour supporters

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Several Labor seats in QLD turned Liberal and several that they expected to turn Labor actually stayed Liberal. So they're blaming that for the loss.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Labor's policies were based around long term economics. Liberals were based around short term economics.

People only care about what happens to them in the immediate future. They see distant future problems as problems for future Australia.
All my mates who run businesses voted liberal
All my mates who work as an employee voted labor.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well I laughed a heard a couple walk past me saying this morning as I was having breakfast ... fkn qld
Guess they were labour supporters
Pretty funny isn’t it. The mud slinging from the labour bloke handing out pamphlets yesterday made me chuckle

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That idiot Alex Turnbull apparently invested $850K on Labor to win the election....lol
I think the main reason for Labors loss was that people did not like the leader.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liberals winning just reinforces my dislike for humanity.
Deep down people couldn't give a fuck about social issues. Healthcare, jobs , couldn't give a fuck about others

Don't touch my 'potential' money..my investments .. u can't take money with you! They better pray and hope they don't need expensive imaging to save them from serious illnesses or aren't considered worth operating on and doctors Paliatate them.. Let alone lose their jobs to cheaper overseas workers . Greed is very short sighted
And this is why liberals got re-elected

People that are labour or greens supporters (left wing) basically call everyone else racists , redkncks , stupid , and as u said "reinforces your dislike for humanity."

Just some points

Re tax , they wanted to screw retirees , those that worked their @sses off their entire lives and planned their retirement years ago and wanted to change the goal posts. The people who also are on the kennel with investment properties worked their @$$ off to get their position and for the ordinary person property is the only way they know how to get ahead and build wealth we're pissed off .
Health care yes is important , but what has labour done other than Medicare , squat for health care. Yes ideally their is no waiting lists etc, but honestly I look at all facets of life and nothing in this country whether private or public do you get the service you talking about and I honestly don't expect it would have been any better under labour . Also I have had health issues and used hospitals a fair bit past decade whether I've been lucky or not , or my conditions so serious I actually think they work well (but as a worker in the health industry I will take your word for it that it needs a lot of work as you would know more )

as For social issues what did labour and greens stand for , even more do forcing the PC and outrage machine more ammunition , I'm sure you were against the mad Monday hysteria against the bulldogs and possibly feel the Folau tweet was over cooked.. but hey anyone voting for liberal is basically a disgrace to humanity

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of points...

• The result proved the galaxy polls mean SFA considering that they predicted Labor was going to win in a landslide
  • The people in Warringah are gullible AF voting out Abbott for that pest Zali. They actually bought the shit that Turnbull’s son was preaching despite the fact that they voted for him in the 2016 election when he wasn’t even PM (what changed in that electorate between then and now that made them vote Tony out?)
  • Abbott should now retire young and enjoy life now that he is no longer a poly. I actually think he had to make tough calls as PM but he was cleaning the mess that Rudd/Gillard left before him, and was made a scapegoat
  • Albanese is favourite to become ALP leader
Polls are inaccurate people that vote liberal ( , just like trump supporters in US) are not willing to show true colours as they get called a disgrace to humanity for voting against the loud left.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And this is why liberals got re-elected

People that are labour or greens supporters (left wing) basically call everyone else racists , redkncks , stupid , and as u said "reinforces your dislike for humanity."

Just some points

Re tax , they wanted to screw retirees , those that worked their @sses off their entire lives and planned their retirement years ago and wanted to change the goal posts. The people who also are on the kennel with investment properties worked their @$$ off to get their position and for the ordinary person property is the only way they know how to get ahead and build wealth we're pissed off .
Health care yes is important , but what has labour done other than Medicare , squat for health care. Yes ideally their is no waiting lists etc, but honestly I look at all facets of life and nothing in this country whether private or public do you get the service you talking about and I honestly don't expect it would have been any better under labour . Also I have had health issues and used hospitals a fair bit past decade whether I've been lucky or not , or my conditions so serious I actually think they work well (but as a worker in the health industry I will take your word for it that it needs a lot of work as you would know more )

as For social issues what did labour and greens stand for , even more do forcing the PC and outrage machine more ammunition , I'm sure you were against the mad Monday hysteria against the bulldogs and possibly feel the Folau tweet was over cooked.. but hey anyone voting for liberal is basically a disgrace to humanity
I think your point regarding labor screwing the retirees is incorrect. If you are talking about abolishing negative gearing that would ve only applied on the investments made after 2020.

A lot of libs misinform people about this particular labor policy.