Montoya at Centre

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I want to see lachlan Lewis back in any capacity but was thinking he'd be a good centre, better than Holland, better than Montoya.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I want to see lachlan Lewis back in any capacity but was thinking he'd be a good centre, better than Holland, better than Montoya.
Lewis needs to be in the team but I don’t think it’s at Centre.
Just my thoughts.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just watching the replay, his footwork and power seem to have returned...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh Lewis and his non existent running game would be perfect at centre...zzzz

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh he has defenitely improved, he's running with purpose and reacting a lot quicker.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has been playing really well in reserves .. he played all his Jnr footy in the centre.. he played almost every game at wing last year ..
no massive surprises . would still love an elite centre, but he may be the best option at this stage ..

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Where though ? He's too good to be left in reserve grade. Bellamy will snatch him I'm sure
I am nervous about him getting an offer too. Can see someone like Storm or Cowboys making him an offer.

A few games back in Reggie’s might do him the world of good, but I still believe he wasn’t given a chance with our full strength team for enough games. Can’t see him pushing his way back at the moment unfortunately but will be back.

If they don’t persist with him in the 5/8 he will need to put on some muscle and turn into a lock. Could play hooker at a stretch but JMK isn’t doing a bad job.

Malla

Reaction score
Lewis isn’t a centre. If he can’t find his way back into the halves he’s probably going to have to spend the next 6 months hitting the gear and lifting weights and play lock lol

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Montoya playing better but still not the answer. But it’s what we have got.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're kidding right?? You must've been catching some zzzzz's when Lewis kept throwing the ball to a very slow winger who kept missing it and falling over the touch line.
Yet he had no problems finishing off a ball from Foran yesterday...hmmm.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Montoya playing better but still not the answer. But it’s what we have got.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to admit I'm not much a fan but credit where it's sure he went back to reggies and smashed it and has come back looking really good.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Off the bench and eventually turn him into a Lock forward
i honestly believe that is the only option for him .. but im not sure he can put on enough size.. he just doesnt quite have the body mechanics to be a half or hooker and certainly not enough strike power to be a centre..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i honestly believe that is the only option for him .. but im not sure he can put on enough size.. he just doesnt quite have the body mechanics to be a half or hooker and certainly not enough strike power to be a centre..
I agree, right now Lewis' only option is to take a leaf out of Montoya's book and go back to reggies and wait for his chance.

If he is as good as some on here say he will brain them in CCup and leave Pay with no other choice but to bring him back.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes been brilliant,id like to see lewis bulk up and play lock