Opinion Okunbor

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
He was non existent for most of the game and he caught the ball like any fg player should. He doesn't get any kudos here
I was happy Titans are do fucking stupid and didn't focus their attack down their side whole game.
2 tries (1 with a 40 metre burst) and 4 bomb defuses is non existent. You’re funny Moey.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm happy for him. Those tries could have been scored by anyone but what impressed me most was his lack errors, how well he did under the high ball and that he didn't rush up for no reason in defence despite being targeted all game..

Hopefully he can back it up in the next few weeks.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know he has plenty of critics on here and after some of his errors it’s understandable. In saying that I’m so happy for him to have a game like he did today and he showed everyone why he is worth persisting with. Sure he has plenty of work to do to become a NRL player but today will give him plenty of confidence. Hopefully he weeds out the errors and continues to develop his game.
I hope he gets same confidence, from today and keep improving

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
2 tries (1 with a 40 metre burst) and 4 bomb defuses is non existent. You’re funny Moey.
2 tries... he was so magnificent standing on his wing and catching the ball and put it down to score. If only all wingers were like him.... brilliant effort, not many other wingers could stand there like he did..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Improvement is all you can ask for. And despite making crucial errors in the past he didn't today. Forget the name of the big winger from the Broncos, but he started his career making some bad errors but has turned into a weapon. Hopefully Okunbor keeps improving and becomes a weapon for us regularly too.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2 tries... he was so magnificent standing on his wing and catching the ball and put it down to score. If only all wingers were like him.... brilliant effort, not many other wingers could stand there like he did..
Lol nice sarcasm.. But seriously he did look spectacular

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He caught the ball like he is supposed to do and still managed to get caught out wide making the exact same mistakes by coming in too far leaving enough space for the Titanic to sail down untouched.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
In the warm up all of his practicing was done with the “AFL style catch”, it worked today but it lends itself to way too many errors.

Had a couple of strong carries...

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly see upside in him, reasons being
- big and strong
He’s gonna have fuck ups, he’s a kid, but he can be damaging. He does have attributes you can’t teach so he is worth the investment for mine. With him and smith in a couple of years we will have very damaging ball running wingers who can make the good hard yards coming off our line, who can take a bomb (needs confidence and experience) and who can score a try.
We’re in a spoon battle, we aren’t a threat for the 8. Let him get experience, he’s got so much more upside than Crichton or Montoya

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know he has plenty of critics on here and after some of his errors it’s understandable. In saying that I’m so happy for him to have a game like he did today and he showed everyone why he is worth persisting with. Sure he has plenty of work to do to become a NRL player but today will give him plenty of confidence. Hopefully he weeds out the errors and continues to develop his game.
Needs to back himself.thats the only way he will get confidence.he should watch Corey Oates.he is a big unit.has power and strength.needs to learn how to use it.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair mate, there’s was a fair bit of pressure on some of those takes and he did well, I’m sure his confidence had been down so was good to see him have a strong game.

Like I said, the “AFL” style catching will lead to errors if he keeps persisting with this all the time for the cross-field kick.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is he on the roids? Weeks ago he used to get dominated .. now he's a frickin angry beast....hats off to him for turning it around
Yes he looks quite good at centre,outplayed jesse ramien last week

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His game today was good, two nice try’s, less dropped balls, and competed 100%!!

Can’t take anything away from him, well done Jayden!
I will concede he played very well and I’m please to admit it. I hope he continues that form.