Official 2019 NRL signings: Official player contract details announced for all 16 clubs

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/23/2019-nrl-signings-player-transfers-and-contracts/

----

Workhorses and rising youngsters across several clubs have secured their futures, or have the chance to, with player options to be taken up by June 30.

The NRL is for the first time publishing the official contract lists, including the length of each deal and whether there is a club, player or mutual option for each one.

As it stands Manly, Canterbury, Parramatta and Wests Tigers are the only sides who have filled all available roster spots, leaving 12 openings across the remaining clubs.

In a change to rules regarding development contracts, clubs will not require an exemption to blood players outside their top 30 once the June 30 signings deadline passes.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In a change to rules regarding development contracts, clubs will not require an exemption to blood players outside their top 30 once the June 30 signings deadline passes.

Wait so we could technically play a player outside of our top 30 squad after June 30 this year if we want? Am I reading right?

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wait so we could technically play a player outside of our top 30 squad after June 30 this year if we want? Am I reading right?
Yes. Anyone who is on a development contract.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Anyone who is on a development contract.
At the start of the year clubs were allowed to have a max of 4 players in the development group that could play after 30 June. For some reason we decided to only only have three in that group (Katoa, Anderson and Roumanos). Those three are included with the top 30 on the Bulldogs website in the FG squad.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the start of the year clubs were allowed to have a max of 4 players in the development group that could play after 30 June. For some reason we decided to only only have three in that group (Katoa, Anderson and Roumanos). Those three are included with the top 30 on the Bulldogs website in the FG squad.
I believe someone on here pointed out that development contacts are for 2 years and you can only have a maximum of 6 at one time. I believe we did 3 so we could do 3 again next year rather than fill the spots for the sake of it.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/23/2019-nrl-signings-player-transfers-and-contracts/

----

Workhorses and rising youngsters across several clubs have secured their futures, or have the chance to, with player options to be taken up by June 30.

The NRL is for the first time publishing the official contract lists, including the length of each deal and whether there is a club, player or mutual option for each one.

As it stands Manly, Canterbury, Parramatta and Wests Tigers are the only sides who have filled all available roster spots, leaving 12 openings across the remaining clubs.

The top 30 is not set in stone until June 30.

So Basically any club that has filled it's top 30 can still change it so there are 16 (Not 12 options) across remaining clubs.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I believe someone on here pointed out that development contacts are for 2 years and you can only have a maximum of 6 at one time. I believe we did 3 so we could do 3 again next year rather than fill the spots for the sake of it.

Clubs are required to fill 3 of 6 development squad contracts. Minimum wage | younger than 23 | minimum to zero amount of first grade games.

They are 2 year deals.

We filled 3 like mentioned with Tui Katoa, James Roumanos and Jarred Anderson. Anderson has since left to play reggies in Newcastle. We haven't announced the replacement.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Only a development player of which clubs can have six.......Used to be that they could only step up if a club was having no chance of filling an injured players position with one in their top squad who could also play that position i.e. hooker for hooker etc.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So is this why we didnt make a play at Segeyaro..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Go one step better NRL and publish the actual contract amounts for each player for each year, because Zerotackle did this shit already.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our 2021 list was looking okay until we signed knockonunbur
I agree. Although in reality he was always going to get extended, even as a fringe player. Really doubt he is breaking the bank.

But yes. I would have much rathered sign someone who doesnt have the turning circle of an aircraft carrier

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Although in reality he was always going to get extended, even as a fringe player. Really doubt he is breaking the bank.

But yes. I would have much rathered sign someone who doesnt have the turning circle of an aircraft carrier
The guy is just a giant sook.. we need more aggressive outside backs.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
So basically we're screwed until the end of next year when most of the 'tards come off contract.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, he has other “issues”.

Go Dogs
Yeah like winning games for stronger clubs.
Great buy brisbane.
People want roberts, but not segy cause he has issues. Stupid.
His a recruitment suggestion. Make willie mason coach. He would rack up more wins than pay id bet. Lol