News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What if you take morals out of it? What if I don't care if you're gay but find the acts disgusting (well between men at least)

Is it fair to label someone a homophobe because they find the act disgusting?

What's the difference between labeling someone a "***" and a "homophobe"?
Nope. Homophobia is a funny thing that people often misunderstand.

Homophobia is literally just a fear that if you accept homosexuals then it'll lead to worse things. These comments are homophobic:

"We can't allow gay marriage 'cause pedophilia will be next"

"If we allow gay people in our society then more people will become gay"

It's a phobia or fear based around homosexuality.

When you say, "I don't care if you're gay but find the acts disgusting". You're not being homophobic, you're being both accepting and honest. I mean, I find it disgusting too. If you don't have an automatic disgust reaction to it then you're probably gay. And I fully understand that a gay bloke would think that sex with a woman is disgusting.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nope. Homophobia is a funny thing that people often misunderstand.

Homophobia is literally just a fear that if you accept homosexuals then it'll lead to worse things. These comments are homophobic:

"We can't allow gay marriage 'cause pedophilia will be next"

"If we allow gay people in our society then more people will become gay"

It's a phobia or fear based around homosexuality.

When you say, "I don't care if you're gay but find the acts disgusting". You're not being homophobic, you're being both accepting and honest. I mean, I find it disgusting too. If you don't have an automatic disgust reaction to it then you're probably gay. And I fully understand that a gay bloke would think that sex with a woman is disgusting.
It's a shame more people aren't critical thinkers like yourself and don't just follow what the TV tells them to follow.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I find that genetic factors more insulting than a choice. Makes it sound like it's a defect, due to the norm being heterosexual.
Genetic factors are what make you straight as well. It's genetics that make some people naturally good at sport, musically talented and great mathematicians.

Genetics don't necessarily mean that you have a problem. It just means that you have a pre-disposition that pushes you in a certain direction.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a shame more people aren't critical thinkers like yourself and don't just follow what the TV tells them to follow.
Yes. I completely agree there. Unfortunately people get in a black and white mentality. They get in a belief that you must completely accept something or not accept it at all. Life has a lot more grey area.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Genetic factors are what make you straight as well. It's genetics that make some people naturally good at sport, musically talented and great mathematicians.

Genetics don't necessarily mean that you have a problem. It just means that you have a pre-disposition that pushes you in a certain direction.
I agree with you, but snowflake SJW's would twist this into "defect" to push their agenda.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In the end this is how I see the whole debate. Folau is telling people how they should live their lives and I completely get that this is what he believes. But what if Cooper Cronk posted on Instagram saying something like, "All Christians are idiots for believing in God". Would we all jump to accept him for his religious freedoms? Of course not. He'd suffer the same fate as Folau.

Folau has his religion which is completely fine. But he's telling people of other religions that they are wrong and they must follow his religion over the other religions. When you do that you insult a large section of your fan base.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with you, but snowflake SJW's would twist this into "defect" to push their agenda.
Kind of. Most of them say, "Born this way". Suggesting that it's entirely genetic. Fact is that it's not that simple. Unfortunately there are many on the left-progressive area that would ignore the scientific evidence just as there's many on the right-conservative area that ignore the scientific evidence.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Haven't commented on Folau or this bullshit but I'll throw my 2 cents in...

Folau is not very smart and not a fisher of men that the Bible wants us to be. There are literally thousands of other passages he could of used to get his point across without sounding like a holier-than-thou loud mouth. If I were in his position, a simple quote like "Jesus loves and saves all" would be perfect.

PS with today's climate with Christians painted as the "bad guys" I would of love to see what the reaction would be if Folau were Muslim or Jew.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Kind of. Most of them say, "Born this way". Suggesting that it's entirely genetic. Fact is that it's not that simple. Unfortunately there are many on the left-progressive area that would ignore the scientific evidence just as there's many on the right-conservative area that ignore the scientific evidence.
It's lose-lose, the right wing will take "born this way" as an insult to God.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haven't commented on Folau or this bullshit but I'll throw my 2 cents in...

Folau is not very smart and not a fisher of men that the Bible wants us to be. There are literally thousands of other passages he could of used to get his point across without sounding like a holier-than-thou loud mouth. If I were in his position, a simple quote like "Jesus loves and saves all" would be perfect.

PS with today's climate with Christians painted as the "bad guys" I would of love to see what the reaction would be if Folau were Muslim or Jew.
If he were Muslim I imagine that Social Media would have completely.... blown up

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the end this is how I see the whole debate. Folau is telling people how they should live their lives and I completely get that this is what he believes. But what if Cooper Cronk posted on Instagram saying something like, "All Christians are idiots for believing in God". Would we all jump to accept him for his religious freedoms? Of course not. He'd suffer the same fate as Folau.
Doubtful, if the comment was made about muslims probably but no way would he be sacked for talking shit about christians. He'd be asked to apologize and thats it.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doubtful, if the comment was made about muslims probably but no way would he be sacked for talking shit about christians. He'd be asked to apologize and thats it.
Exactly! That’s what people don’t see. Once upon a time homosexuals were in the closet. Now the activists have come out of the closet and thrown the Christians in the closet.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was asked to apologise this time too. He refused. That's why he was sacked. Repeated offences and refusing to apologise.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the bible is two thousand years old aren't some of those beliefs a little out of date and not worth risking your career over?

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
in 2008 izzy whore a yellow dress and wig in drag for gf celebration it was in the telegraph

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Exactly! That’s what people don’t see. Once upon a time homosexuals were in the closet. Now the activists have come out of the closet and thrown the Christians in the closet.
That's the problem, too many Christians hiding their belief. Don't force your belief on them but defend it from them.

I'm a proud Christian and don't give a rat's arse about this hell hole called Earth. You want to suppress me I'll crack you in one cheek and turn your other one for another crack.

It is in our Book, we will be hated because we follow Christ... I say bring the hate but don't cry when the final Crusade happens.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the bible is two thousand years old aren't some of those beliefs a little out of date and not worth risking your career over?
To some people the Bible is never out of date. And some people would rather lose their job than sell their souls to the devil and risk living in eternity without God. Simple as that.

IMO both atheists and the followers of a religion both have faith. It actually requires much more faith to not believe in God. It is actually a great leap of faith to look around the world we live in with all the living organisms and make a bold statement that these organisms do not have a creator. What such great faith!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To some people the Bible is never out of date. And some people would rather lose their job than sell their souls to the devil and risk living in eternity without God. Simple as that.

IMO both atheists and the followers of a religion both have faith. It actually requires much more faith to not believe in God. It is actually a great leap of faith to look around the world we live in with all the living organisms and make a bold statement that these organisms do not have a creator. What such great faith!
I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that you'll go to hell unless you post on Instagram telling others that they are going to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.