News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gone. Rugby Australia tore up Folau's contract.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Folau just been sacked. What a joke.

Raelene Castle on the TV now defending the decision. She's never had much of an idea about anything, but she looks even more clueless now.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why are people surprised? Folau signed a Code of Conduct and was already warned at least once and did it again knowing the end result.

I'm all for free speech but this is a clear black and white case.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why are people surprised? Folau signed a Code of Conduct and was already warned at least once and did it again knowing the end result.

I'm all for free speech but this is a clear black and white case.
Not really. I don’t see players pro gay that demonise people against gay getting their contracts torn up. Massive double standard and it’s pretty clear that the left has completely infiltrated and taken over sports now as well. Coz God forbid the lefts agenda isn’t forced down everyone’s throat in every single aspect of our lives. Anyways it’s still funny how they refer to it as a homophobic post lol albeit many other “sins” he mentioned in his post. And to top that off left being offended by something they don’t believe in (hell)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This isn't the end... this is just the beginning (and the end of Rugby Australia or at lesat Raelene in Rugby).

Code of Conduct was literally 2 sentences (I've linked a page or two back).

REMEMBER this wasn't a court case, it was a mediated pre court hearing.

He'll now take it to Federal Court, he will (most likely) win (because they will deal in the specific CoC text he agreed to - and Folau will argue how his post doesnt breach those guidelines), and RA will end up copping a whopping court bill and payout which will bury them for good.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
At least the annoying bit is over and now the real show can begin.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really. I don’t see players pro gay that demonise people against gay getting their contracts torn up. Massive double standard and it’s pretty clear that the left has completely infiltrated and taken over sports now as well. Coz God forbid the lefts agenda isn’t forced down everyone’s throat in every single aspect of our lives. Anyways it’s still funny how they refer to it as a homophobic post lol albeit many other “sins” he mentioned in his post. And to top that off left being offended by something they don’t believe in (hell)
I don't see non-racist people getting fired along with the racist people. Massive double standard.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This isn't the end... this is just the beginning (and the end of Rugby Australia or at lesat Raelene in Rugby).

Code of Conduct was literally 2 sentences (I've linked a page or two back).

REMEMBER this wasn't a court case, it was a mediated pre court hearing.

He'll now take it to Federal Court, he will (most likely) win (because they will deal in the specific CoC text he agreed to - and Folau will argue how his post doesnt breach those guidelines), and RA will end up copping a whopping court bill and payout which will bury them for good.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole issue with what Folau said wasn't that he said he doesn't like homosexuals, or that his religion doesn't like homosexuals. He said that homosexuals need to stop being who they are. It's no different to him saying, "stop being black" or "stop being Asian"

There has been a long battle for gay people where they've tried to explain that being gay isn't a choice they make, it's just who they are. Folau's post is a step backwards to the point where he is saying, "being gay is a choice so stop being gay"

It spits in the face of everything the gay community have fought for. And if Rugby Australia let it slide then they would be supporting it too.

This isn't an attack on religion, it's a basic response to bigotry that's been around for thousands of years. And the fact that people are so convinced that there's nothing wrong with his post, just shows that the bigotry is still going strong. People still think that being gay is a choice you can just switch off.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly! If someone said to me Aliens we’re coming to take me away because I did something immoral in my life I would just laugh at them because I don’t believe in Aliens. So why should anyone get offended by what he said if they don’t believe in hell.
And if they are Christians, believe in the Bible and believe that hell exists then he is only quoting from the book these Christians read.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't see non-racist people getting fired along with the racist people. Massive double standard.
Lol that’s some nice gymnastics right there. But yeah there’s plenty racists against whites and discriminators against Christians yet there’s no repercussions. But I do admire the amazing body you have doing those gymnastics

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly! If someone said to me Aliens we’re coming to take me away because I did something immoral in my life I would just laugh at them because I don’t believe in Aliens. So why should anyone get offended by what he said if they don’t believe in hell.
And if they are Christians, believe in the Bible and believe that hell exists then he is only quoting from the book these Christians read.
There’s no point arguing I think bro Lol like it’s right in our faces what’s going on but they’ll take their demented delusions to their graves.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The whole issue with what Folau said wasn't that he said he doesn't like homosexuals, or that his religion doesn't like homosexuals. He said that homosexuals need to stop being who they are. It's no different to him saying, "stop being black" or "stop being Asian"

There has been a long battle for gay people where they've tried to explain that being gay isn't a choice they make, it's just who they are. Folau's post is a step backwards to the point where he is saying, "being gay is a choice so stop being gay"

It spits in the face of everything the gay community have fought for. And if Rugby Australia let it slide then they would be supporting it too.

This isn't an attack on religion, it's a basic response to bigotry that's been around for thousands of years. And the fact that people are so convinced that there's nothing wrong with his post, just shows that the bigotry is still going strong. People still think that being gay is a choice you can just switch off.
Anyone can choose to be gay because being gay is a verb . Being Asian or black or Caucasian isnt reliant on anything other than heritage. You can't stop being Asian or black or Caucasian

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol that’s some nice gymnastics right there. But yeah there’s plenty racists against whites and discriminators against Christians yet there’s no repercussions. But I do admire the amazing body you have doing those gymnastics
No gymnastics needed. You're saying that people should be free to criticise homosexuals for being homosexuals. How is that any different to criticising people for being black or Asian?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone can choose to be gay because being gay is a verb . Being Asian or black or Caucasian isnt reliant on anything other than heritage. You can't stop being Asian or black or Caucasian
Case in point. As I said, bigotry still exists.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Case in point. As I said, bigotry still exists.
I'm not saying people aren't born gay , I'm saying people can become gay if they choose to.

There are no definitive markers in the DNA to identify a gay person from a straight person yet there are for race.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No gymnastics needed. You're saying that people should be free to criticise homosexuals for being homosexuals. How is that any different to criticising people for being black or Asian?
What are you on about. My point is it’s his social media and didn’t only ciriticise gays did he? He criticise all who were living a sinful life.
Many people criticise conservatives on social media with no action taken how is that equal lol.
And wait how can you compare someone being gay to their actual race? What in the fuck bro lol.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not saying people aren't born gay , I'm saying people can become gay if they choose to.

There are no definitive markers in the DNA to identify a gay person from a straight person yet there are for race.
People actually aren’t born gay. It’s a fabricated science with little to no basis to try and normalise something which was never deemed normal. Much like trannyvestites

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I'm not saying that people are born gay either. But people don't choose to be gay. It's a combination of genetics and environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.