Official Round 10 - Dogs vs Titans - Consolidated Match Thread

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An ugly win. But a win all the same. I'd like to see an old "cattle dog" call in the opening scrum and for the boys to spill some blood for the dogs. It's about time we show a bit of mongrel, and let the rest of the comp know we're not going to be a pushover.

Bring it.
I have been waiting for some mongrel for the past 5 years tbh. I haven't seen any of it. Pay clearly mentioned that he will bring back the madness. Our defence has been soft. We hardly ever put players on their back. Only ofahiki and Sue have placed notable shots of late. Our defence has been disappointing.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been waiting for some mongrel for the past 5 years tbh. I haven't seen any of it. Pay clearly mentioned that he will bring back the madness. Our defence has been soft. We hardly ever put players on their back. Only ofahiki and Sue have placed notable shots of late. Our defence has been disappointing.
Don't have to do a write up on our attack.....

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
although defence has not been first class, its clearly not the problem .. we are scoring 12.6 points a game.. there was a few games we should have won if we could attack a bit better, because we kept the opposition to a reasonale score .. Storm , Manly and knights games come to mind..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you look at the for and against number of number on the table .. we are not that far of the pace in terms of defence.. (keep in mind we had a few blowouts also)

But if you focus on the For column, we are massivley off the pace and dead last..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
although defence has not been first class, its clearly not the problem .. we are scoring 12.6 points a game.. there was a few games we should have won if we could attack a bit better, because we kept the opposition to a reasonale score .. Storm , Manly and knights games come to mind..
How many disallowed tries have we had this year?
How many penalty goals would we have scored if we had been awarded the penalties that we should have?
Keeping in mind that we lost the Manly game on penalty goals alone, otherwise we scored exactly the same amount of points as they did.

Of course its not the only reason, but it's impossible to ignore.

Go Dogs

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many penalty goals would we have scored if we had been awarded the penalties that we should have?
Keeping in mind that we lost the Manly game on penalty goals alone, otherwise we scored exactly the same amount of points as they did.

Go Dogs
Not to mention a shit tonne of bad calls from the refs haven't helped. Pay and Jackson just cop it instead of blowing up like they should.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
i agree we have had the rough end of the pineapple when it comes to refs.. However the amount of times i have seen us enter the opposition 20 and look completely lost, is sickening TBH.. our lack of cohesion in attack is astounding and frankly unacceptable..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
i agree we have had the rough end of the pineapple when it comes to refs.. However the amount of times i have seen us enter the opposition 20 and look completely lost, is sickening TBH.. our lack of cohesion in attack is astounding and frankly unacceptable..
Hardly surprising when we have a pair of young and inexperienced halves whose combined age is less than Cameron Smith. It looks much better when Foran is there to add his experience, we scored a couple of tries from that area last weekend (1 of which got ripped off us for no reason whatsoever).

Go Dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The rub of the green is always against us, problem is we get enough attacking chances in the opposition 20 and fall short.
If we were able an took all those opportunities and turned them into points, things would look a lot diff table wise. We are lacking a little polish to finish it off an score points, that’s our downfall. Have to make our own luck An Win these games ourselves!! Sure as hell not going to get any help from the scum officials.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
if you look at the for and against number of number on the table .. we are not that far of the pace in terms of defence.. (keep in mind we had a few blowouts also)

But if you focus on the For column, we are massivley off the pace and dead last..
1 or 2 strike outside backs would solve that. atm only r smith is a weapon but he doesn't get involved enough. okunbor has potential but needs much more confidence.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When we are on their try line we just got to do that play where the dummy half darts out to the right and turns Reimis in on the inside.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hardly surprising when we have a pair of young and inexperienced halves whose combined age is less than Cameron Smith. It looks much better when Foran is there to add his experience, we scored a couple of tries from that area last weekend (1 of which got ripped off us for no reason whatsoever).

Go Dogs
there really is no excuse for this .. ive been hearing excuses about our attack since 2015...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
1 or 2 strike outside backs would solve that. atm only r smith is a weapon but he doesn't get involved enough. okunbor has potential but needs much more confidence.
okunbur has the frame to be an amazing winger.. unfortunately he needs a spine and brain transplant, because his are missing.. and the halves and hooker are the reason we are not scoring points.. great outside backs cant do sh!t if they dont get quality ball

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have we had Foran, Cogger and Lewis since 2015?

Go Dogs
that matters very little because its the same mentality over and over again, regardless of who the halves are .. and the same result ..

Im sorry it cannot be that hard to stop playing so conservatively .. because that is the most common theme..

Fantastic we have the best completion rate .. woo hoo ..

you know why we have the best completion rate .. because we never try anything and are boring and predictable.. the same reason why we dont score tries..

I still remember when hasler made our players die on the last tackle with the ball.. and the rocket scientists around here thought it was a great idea.. it wasnt a great idea then and it still isnt now .. It encourages negative play.. weve been caught several times with ball in hand on the last and its just not acceptable

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we are on their try line we just got to do that play where the dummy half darts out to the right and turns Reimis in on the inside.
Lichaa got copyright on that apparently

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i was thinking the same thing .. we used it twice last year and it worked both times ?? wtf ?? but hey,, at least our completions are great ..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Been our problem the past three years not scoring tries. We have always put ourselves in positions to score inside 20mtrs but haven't had the skill, flare and Rugby League brains on how to plan a move to get through the defense on a more consistent basis.

Put a Cronk and Keary in our side and we'd be a top four side. It's as simple as that and the stats will support that. That's where our money needs to be spent over the next 12 months before looking at other positions. These type of halves would make Hoppa, Smith, Meaney etc look ten times better than they are now.
Yes and no.

Unless a Cronk or Keary overcall the coach then yes we would score tries

Pay attack is not too dissimilar to Des ball...our attack angles towards the corner post, there’s fk all variety and predictable shifts with block plays.

When was the last time we saw a half play to the line with runners inside and out?

Also the hooker position is an issue and has been since Ennis (Cook for last few games) left

Service and vision