Votes: 28 17.9%
  • Other- Post Name

Votes: 19 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The Kennel should coach, we could do vote for the team and appoint a small panel of members to do the interchange and all that shit
Round 1 coaching squad ( can be sacked anytime )

Indian Dog: could be our strength and conditioning coach, as he has tickets on himself re his physical condition
Assassin: our attacking coach, for reasons I don't need to explain.
Wahesh: defensive coach, always defending some **** ( not sure if this is true but I couldn't resist )
Bobdog: could do the pressers as he would say there is a conspiracy against the team.
Wolfie: tasked with assembling a cheer squad
Does that make me the CEO or Chairman?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I have thought about this issue deeply.

The way I see this saga play out, the more people over the next 12 months are going to turn on Pay wallah.

Pay is between a rock and a hard place. He is safe this year but is literally going to have to turn i around dramatically within the first 6 weeks of 2020 to stay on and keep the knifers and molesters away.

The thing is, it needs to be dramatic, minor improvement cant work. The fans expect alot of improvement and any minor success will be passed off as luck or just mediocre improvement.

I cant see that happening without a revolution in our roster. Our players are great support acts, but bar only a couple (Remis,Holland,Foran,Napa) none have marquee or star power.
We have players you'd love to have as your back up players but not in leadership positions. It wont fly, with HUGE improvement we probably cant fire above 9th place. And thats going to damage Pays reputation and turn off players.

So theres been a few names thrown up as possible replacements.

Most kennellers prefer Holbrook. Ex dog coach, killing the Super league, and most likely the next Trent Robinson or Michael Maguire. Might even bring along some premium english ass with him. Wow, sounds great right?

Not necessarily.

What people arent considering, is we have a terrible roster, so we cant get a coach that has a 70 percent winning record and expect the same results. Those coaches expect certain cattle already and a crap roster is sort of beneath them.

an analogy would be expecting the Aussie cricket coach to get into nuts and bolts of player technique. That guy will be blindsided as he isnt expecting to focus on that, rather higher level sophistication. He may get frustrated or feel misplaced in his soul.

We need a coach that is able to take mud and make a garden.

When you see it through that scope, the answer is beyond clear. Shane Flanagan.
It is a match made in heaven and although his name has been tossed around here and there between us like a ganga in a Bankstown back alley there hasn't been a strong push on the whole from what I've sensed.

But consider this,
When Shane took over the Sharks in 2010, the sharks had just come 15th in 2009. They would have been spooners if the Roosters season didnt self implode.
I remember alot of talk at the time about players not wanting to come to the sharks. They had no pull. A rabble on and off the field. No sponsor, this or that.

He then over the next couple of years made very astute recruitment choices (an instinct Des and Dean clearly lack regardless of your overall opinion of them) and this culminated to a grand final win in 2016, even with a drug thing in between, which mind you, despite Flanagan being the cause of their suspensions, they rallied around him and instead of him being flicked, he kept his job after being suspended for 1.5 seasons.
Where else do you see that nowadays? The players clearly loved him and were loyal to him. You have seen the sharks drop this year without him.

Before I leave his recruitment instincts completely out, remember, hes the smart guy that offloaded Lichaa to us, not A) bought him and B) re-signed him.

Yes Shane has a slight dodgy edge to him but to be honest, I dont think anyone as a fan cares that he checked his emails and made coaching suggestions. Yes a breach but to me thats just passion and him caring. Thats between him and the NRL elite, but this has presented us with a perfect opportunity to swoop.

He has done exactly what we require. He also lives local so I am sure he is more than happy to take the gig himself, over say, an opportunity in Newcastle or NZ. Yes I know he's technically banned, but lets be honest, in a year,with some water under the bridge, if we really want it to happen and lobby the right way it will.

PERFECT.

Please like this comment and discuss below. Nasheed.

Last edited:

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt you've ever thought about anything deeply nasheed, except maybe yourself.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NASHEED!!!!!!! :tearsofjoy:

Keep it up mate, we all love your posts.!!!

Well I do.. I didn’t really read it all,but I gave you a like for the effort put in to write that up lol.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flanno the Bulldog, Pay will love it.

chrisbelmore1998

Waterboy
Reaction score
uhm, salary cap cheats, drug cheats. And after getting caught cheating, they sign Josh Morris and Aaron Woods. Cronulla disgust me and are only a minor improvement on the Roosters.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
NASHEED!!!!!!! :tearsofjoy:

Keep it up mate, we all love your posts.!!!

Well I do.. I didn’t really read it all,but I gave you a like for the effort put in to write that up lol.
You should give it the time of day.

Its a really good post. The way it flowed in three different acts, a small twist in the middle, poised and well balanced with commentary, analysis and a little humour thrown in. The back alley comment was just gold, and wow, a bit naughty. The way the facts and points raised were built, warmed up slow and by the end, were flowing like the sea and shotwas peppering the reader mind blowing moments, like machine gun shots of bullets made of golden nuggets that felt good hitting the skin of the reader.
Certainly a great effort.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You should give it the time of day.

Its a really good post. The way it flowed in three different acts, a small twist in the middle, poised and well balanced with commentary, analysis and a little humour thrown in. The back alley comment was just gold, and wow, a bit naughty. The way the facts and points raised were built, warmed up slow and by the end, were flowing like the sea and shotwas peppering the reader mind blowing moments, like machine gun shots of bullets made of golden nuggets that felt good hitting the skin of the reader.
Certainly a great effort.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Stop it.

Damn son!! Where’s my like?? hahaha !!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
uhm, salary cap cheats, drug cheats. And after getting caught cheating, they sign Josh Morris and Aaron Woods. Cronulla disgust me and are only a minor improvement on the Roosters.
To me that says he did his job well. Like how a rich guy manages to pay zero tax. Ethically bad but clever management.

Look at him and us.
He gets in a salary cap mess and manages to sign more stars.
We get into the same mess and it kneecaps our salary cap for three years and we lose our stars....some to him!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flannagan? Nah, never going to happen. Imagine the stick we'd get ...

I'd love to think Pay can turn this around. He's a rookie and needs time to settle in. Hopefully he can get some more results and create something special at this club.

Do think this is quite unlikely though unfortunately. Would agree on Holbrook. Not many good options there if I'm honest.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
To me that says he did his job well. Like how a rich guy manages to pay zero tax. Ethically bad but clever management.

Look at him and us.
He gets in a salary cap mess and manages to sign more stars.
We get into the same mess and it kneecaps our salary cap for three years and we lose our stars....some to him!
No... WE didn't do that, Des did. You jahesh.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't care who our coach is or who we sign, they can be the biggest grubs
I want to see the team win or at least compete week to week, at this rate we wont win shit till 2030, look how long it took souths 40 odd years ffs

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
doesn't matter who we get we just haven't got the right players