Other News Source Raymond Faitala-Mariner

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
RFM will be leaving the Bulldogs in the next couple of weeks, and it's a good chance it's to the West tigers or Dragons.

Last edited:

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Be nice if they send us Marsters in return.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
RFM will be leaving the Bulldogs in the next couple of weeks, and it's a good chance it's to the West tigers.
Source ??

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At which point do we stop losing talented players? We keep the ones with less to offer and often don't replace those that are lost with anyone that's better.

This is why I didn't want Pay to stay on. You keep a coach who won't be here long term and he makes long term signing and retention decisions which could set the club further and make it harder for the next coach.

Elliott gets 80 minutes on an edge but RFM who is our second best edge second rower can't even make the bench and is on the way out along with Martin. Real smart.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
fkn joke he should be on one edge and chn on the other

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hands in the air unless there is something promising in return? We seem to be the recruiting area for the other clubs now. Train up ok ones for other clubs to sign and buy crap or kids in return.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Joe Stimson incoming?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As others have said I think RFM can really provide some great attacking options as he has shown in the past .. Pay also re-signed him last year if my memory serves me correctly.. i cant make any sense of what is happening atm.. but i will say this.. we may as well let him go if Pay is going to continually overlook him an keep him in reggies, because im sure he is on a good wage considering he got resigned after hitting form last year..

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who we making room for if this is true.... Hooker/Centre or promoting someone we already have into top 30.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
when did we become the wests feeder club?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Decent player. Butttttt he has struggled to stay on the field recently. Season ending injury last year. In an out of first grade this year. Minor injury in Reggies.

His defence does come into question late in the game.

If you can tap his potential and get the best out of him the guy will be a gun. Unfortunately for us been a bit disappointing this year.

Not too sad to see him go only if we use the roster spot for something better. If we get another dud to replace RFM I will just shake me head in a dark corner and let my bitterness fester more :p lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As others have said I think RFM can really provide some great attacking options as he has shown in the past .. Pay also re-signed him last year if my memory serves me correctly.. i cant make any sense of what is happening atm.. but i will say this.. we may as well let him go if Pay is going to continually overlook him an keep him in reggies, because im sure he is on a good wage considering he got resigned after hitting form last year..
Yeah but the next coach (who should be appointed asap and let the club handle recruitment and retention) might rate RFM, Martin and other players Pay doesn't rate.

Also, they might have no use for Elliott, Sue, Crichton and others but they'll be retained. I'm getting increasingly fed up of the way the club is run and there is almost no logic behind any of the coaches and clubs moves. Things have gotten far worse since Des and Dib left and I didn't think that was possible.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Decent player. Butttttt he has struggled to stay on the field recently. Season ending injury last year. In an out of first grade this year. Minor injury in Reggies.

His defence does come into question late in the game.

If you can tap his potential and get the best out of him the guy will be a gun. Unfortunately for us been a bit disappointing this year.

Not too sad to see him go only if we use the roster spot for something better. If we get another dud to replace RFM I will just shake me head in a dark corner and let my bitterness fester more :p lol
I agree that RFM isn't great and has flaws but he's better and got more to offer than some of those playing ahead of him. And he's still young and talented enough that he shouldn't be given up on yet, especially when we have cap space currently and he wouldn't be on a huge wage.

Surely no one can justify keeping Elliott while releasing RFM and Martin.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The only thing that makes sense or would accept is freeing up money and a top 30 spot for a June 30 signing!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who we making room for if this is true.... Hooker/Centre or promoting someone we already have into top 30.
Probably Neville Costigan on a 4 year deal as hooker and Blake Ayshford on a 3 year deal. Both would be in line with the questionable decisions the club is making.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only thing that makes sense or would accept is freeing up money and a top 30 spot for a June 30 signing!
Don't we already have money to spend this season? They've let go of all of our rep players and losing Klemmer was supposed to leave us with cap space this season...

Plus no one released mid season is ever signed on big money, they're usually squad players or younger players looking for an opportunity.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We were rumoured in for Jacob Liddle at one stage..

Maybe it's a swap?

Not saying it's happening but ya never know.