Official Round 10 - Dogs vs Titans - Consolidated Match Thread

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Really confident this week. Our forwards will dominate yardage and foran will have a blinder

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The thing I take away from that the most is that the top 3 sides have halves that actually to control and don't play too wide. Then you see us and the Broncos who continually suck as they allow their middle third to dictate play with forwards constantly on the ball at first or second receiver.
this may be true, but the forwards are lining up to do their jobs and thats the point i was trying to make .. the halves and the coaching staff arent doing their jobs..

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
why move someone that is currently working in his position .. he may not be as affective in attack when movd to the centres... never weaken one spot to compensate for another..
I agree about not weakening a spot. However, if he was placed in the centre, he would be strengthening that spot.
Holland and Hopoate are pretenders. The centres need strengthening.
To take it one step further, I would like to see CHN and Martin in the centres. Thats where the tries are leaking from.
Martin and CHN would be like Farrer and Mortimer of old.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree about not weakening a spot. However, if he was placed in the centre, he would be strengthening that spot.
To take it one step further, I would like to see CHN and Martin in the centres. Thats where the tries are leaking from.
Centre is a far more isolated area for defence.. if you miss there, it is more than likely going to be a try.. at least further in you have backup..

so how is it better putting our worst defender in a more vunerable position better ??

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They would move like Farrer and Mortimer of now.

brucey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A lot of hate for Okunbor, pretty raw talent but has the x factor to be a good player same with Lewis imo.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lot of hate for Okunbor, pretty raw talent but has the x factor to be a good player same with Lewis imo.
Yeh maybe, but these guys wouldn't even get a look in with dogs squads of yester years

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh maybe, but these guys wouldn't even get a look in with dogs squads of yester years
If we were doing that we wouldnt have a squad.
Problem with our team no one can look good when
A) changing weekly
B) Spine of Rookies.

Still like to see Foran and Lewis partner up again. Full strength would tell a better story of where we are at, and players picked in correct postion.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope Pay leaves the bench as it is named now and doesn't put a hooker/utility on there at the last minute.
Agreed. Given player availability (wouldnt mind seeing RFM get another run at some stage), this is probably the best bench we have had this year.
Lets see how he uses it!

Swap Napa around for Tolman who is not our best number 8 and swap Jackson back to lock for Fualalo.
Who wears 8 and who wears 10 doesnt mean anything.
If you were going to make any changes, it might be Ogden starting and Napa coming off the bench while he is getting his match fitness back.

you may even find that our centre defensive problems could stem from the 2nd row
Definitely they need to work harder for their outside man but you might find there are 2 certain players that love to jam up and (Very far) in and tend to miss their man and shut down the ball, end result; TRY TIME.

We will win because:
a) I'm not watching NOR checking the score (I did so 15 minutes from end last week).
b) My dad's not watching either (whenever he watches we lose!).
Seems like your dad has watched far too many of our games the since 2004.

He is the 2019 version of Ben czislowski 10m hit ups gets taken back 7m.
ROFL!
Cant say I agree, but its funny anyway.
Fualalo has actually been running well this year off the bench.
I've seen plenty of runs gaining 15m+ with decent play the balls too.

Martin is definitely not quick and agile enough for the centres and tends to get lazy in D.
This would be a disaster. Wouldnt say Hoppa is a pretenderby any means despite him being pretty quiet this year.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we were doing that we wouldnt have a squad.
Problem with our team no one can look good when
A) changing weekly
B) Spine of Rookies.

Still like to see Foran and Lewis partner up again. Full strength would tell a better story of where we are at, and players picked in correct postion.
No way, players like Tonga, Vagana, Utai hit the ground running. Utai used to score 9 times out of 10 when a try was on out wide. Can't say Okunbor hasn't had a try scoring opportunity created by his inside men, he has...last week against the Knights, instead of pinning his ears back and leaping for the corner, he shit himself, stepped back in and got absolutely smashed. Utai would of eaten the defence up. Twinkle toes Tonga in a one on one situation used to leave them for dead.

What about Sherwin, you couldn't get more crafty than him. He had an unbelievable short and long kicking game.

These players were on another level mate. They wanted to play footy and were determined.

Okunbor is too soft. Don't worry about the mistakes, that can be fixed. Just doesn't have the aggression to match the size of his body. Reminds me of T-Rex, no urgency or heart.

Last edited:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No way, players like Tonga, Vagana, Utai hit the ground running. Utai used to score 9 times out of 10 when a try was on out wide. Can't say Okunbor hasn't had a try scoring upportunity created by his inside men, he has...last week against the Knights, instead of pinning his ears back and leaping for the corner, he shit himself, stepped back in and got absolutely smashed. Utai would of eaten the defence up. Twinkle toes Tonga in a one on one situation used to leave them for dead.

What about Sherwin, you couldn't get more crafty than him. He had an unbelieable short and long kicking game.

These players were on another level mate. They wanted to play footy and were determined.

Okunbor is too soft. Don't worry about the mistakes, that can be fixed. Just doesn't have the aggression to match the size of his body. Reminds me of T-Rex, no urgency or heart.
Im talking more about Lewis tbh, I believe he's more of a 5/8. We had some decent halves and pretty much entire spine back then which helped, Shifty one of the best.
We can have the very best half running around, doesnt mean shit if the rest of the team have no experience.
Okunbor is still really green and agree with what you said 100%, I nearly threw something at the TV when he cut back in.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately people jizzed their pants early moreso due to his impressive physical traits. There's no doubt he's got great athletic talent but he lacks in key areas of being a 'footballer'. He's a poor reader of the game both in attack and defence. Suspect hands and general coordination. His body positioning as a winger inside the attacking 10 is woeful. All of this in effect saps his confidence and as a result we get these pisspoor showings. He needs at least another full year in reserve grade.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Danny at lock and running hard could be a masterstroke.

Let him soften up the middle then bring Smith or Martin on at lock.

Will have to watch replay of this game, but was Sue any good last week?
cutting klemmer in half was his highlight

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many little things have cost us close games, lets get those little things right and go on with it.
These guys didn't make these mistakes as juniors and need to look at like if they put too much pressure on themselves they will get beat.
So lose the pressure and play their natural games.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the boys can rip in this week...the side isn’t that bad. We need the whole side to just balls up and get a fucken doggies attitude and just rip the fuck in!...smash em

Sick of this bottom of the table shit