Having Magic Round at Suncorp is a stupid idea

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sucks for Bulldogs fans who have had fuck all home games so far this year and then lose another one in a different state
Maybe it was for the best.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate every time they host a double header they are in the aWay sheds, who cares I’m going today it’s gonna be sick, have a Valium and chill out bro
And they lose their car spaces.

They all get picked up & bus it.

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apart from the rubbish magic round concept, is anyone else feeling nauseated at The Fox " flying fox" camera and their other different angle cameras....might be just me, but why, if they are going to take away the games from Sydney at least let us watch them normally. ITs bad enough having to listen to Warren Smith and Andrew Voss without this other garbage.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As if the Dogs would make $270,000 a game.

Also YOUR team agreed to the switch in venue.[/QUOTE

I don't think we agreed to the change in venue we were told like all the other home teams for this week that that is where we would be playing....yes I am positive that if we had said no we want the game at ANZ/Belmore that the NRL would have been very accommodating.

What we made out of it would have paled into insignificance as to the amount the NRL made.......

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I would love to see
1- show your colours round. Wear a jersey for $10 entry weekend. Lets fill stadiums.
2- a triple header weekend. Sydney's big 6 teams. Dogs saints rabbits eels rooster and tigers play at ANZ . 82000 for that day. The atmosphere would be awesome . And a few fights.
Triple header at Lang park with QLD teams playing Melb nz and raiders.
3-Bush round. Each team to take a game to the Bush. Let them have a club game before nrl and get the country towns buzzing. To much focus on building the island nations, the Bush has been neglected.
The magic round is a buz for Brisbane . Can't say I found it exciting in Nsw .

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love how they got an average of 16k per game (boosted by Brisbane's "away game" crowd), had a huge amount of injuries on a torn up surface and barely any games were competitive and carry on as if it were a raging success.

The AFL must be laughing their asses off at this joke of a competition.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I've got an idea for a round.... stick with me.

GASTRIC ROUND.

16 teams
1 stadium
8 games over 3 days (Fri/Sat/Sun)

But here is the twist. Team captains draw cards from a hat. The card has one of two words "SAFE" or "GASTRO".

The team captain with the gastro cards have to give a packet of laxatives to the team 1hr before kickoff.

aaaannnnd then the fun begins!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love how they got an average of 16k per game (boosted by Brisbane's "away game" crowd), had a huge amount of injuries on a torn up surface and barely any games were competitive and carry on as if it were a raging success.

The AFL must be laughing their asses off at this joke of a competition.
16k x 8 = 2 AFL games.... Hahahaha... AFL would be laughing alright, how embarrassing!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

GASTRIC ROUND.

16 teams
1 stadium

But here is the twist. Team captains draw cards from a hat. The card has one of two words "SAFE" or "GASTRO".

The team captain with the cards have to give a packet of laxatives to the team 1hr before kickoff.

Lol

Seems like our teams have been trialling it & got the gastro cards, as they both have been shit.

Last edited:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wasnt that bad, they need to get rid of the Thursday game though. Make it 2 friday and 3 Saturday and Sunday. Surface held up good, the injuries came from impact not from the ground conditon.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasnt that bad, they need to get rid of the Thursday game though. Make it 2 friday and 3 Saturday and Sunday. Surface held up good, the injuries came from impact not from the ground conditon.
This. Magic weekend works in the UK because it is on the weekend. That Thursday game could easily be a 6pm Sunday game. Sunday should be 2pm, 4pm and 6pm.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

GASTRIC ROUND.

16 teams
1 stadium

The team captain with the gastro cards have to give a packet of laxatives to the team 1hr before kickoff.

Shit (pun not intended). I feel sorry for the teams who play the last game. The field may look something like this...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah get rid of the Thursday game.

If they play it in Perth then it would be a bigger success for the code and every game would sell out.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yeah get rid of the Thursday game.

If they play it in Perth then it would be a bigger success for the code and every game would sell out.
It will be interesting to see what time Origin 2 starts this year in Perth. It'll be weird if it's still daylight ay lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what time Origin 2 starts this year in Perth. It'll be weird if it's still daylight ay lol.
Good question. It's a two hour difference. 6 would be too early for them. It would be dark by that time anyway. I'd say a 7 o'clock kick off their time?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From all reports magic round in Brisbane was well magic

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Over hyped gimmick.