Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Panthers happy to release Maloney to ESL.

Itziby

Waterboy
Reaction score
just reading an article about panthers happy to let him walk away from the club before his contract ends , would anyone be interested with him at the dogs?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s a yes from me, got a few more years in him yet, would definitely change our style of play..!!! Be good to have his experience also. It’s not a negative from my point of view. But hey, that’s just my opinion after all.

Think we are getting very desperate, need some sort of lifeline.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just reading an article about panthers happy to let him walk away from the club before his contract ends , would anyone be interested with him at the dogs?
Quality player,would bring enormous value to the team,good kicking game,young guys would certainly learn from him.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d love him. Didn’t we have a crack at him the other year? He’s off to England though.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course yes .. we need to bring in as many experienced capable NRL players as possible.. lets just recruit as many experienced NRL players we can , they dont need to be world beaters or superstars.. then replace them as better players become available..

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck no! He's done. Past it.

And he can't stay at one club for too long cause he's a big annoying pest with an ever bigger ego and head.

Why pay insane money for someone old !? Invest somewhere else thanks.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bit similar to Foran. Like not really a 7. But yeh you don’t say no to that class of player. Good general play kick. Good at conversions.

Butttttttt..... he isn’t exactly in his prime years. Still miles ahead of anything else we have on our roster.

It is a little worrying though a player like his looking for his 6th club.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Would cost us easily over $500k a season, and for anything over that not worth it.

Injury prone, playing shit in a talented Panthers side, and that's with Cleary alongside them.

Besides why help Panthers clear the books to keep young talent. Luai is the Panther you want.

Just read the article by Daily Terrorgraph... it's only if he wants to head to ESL.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's 33 years old, his form is slipping and he'd command good money on the open market. Save the money for a more long term solution.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m with you. Beyond being past his best, he’s a journeyman - ever noticed how no club wanted to re-sign him: Storm, Warriors, Chooks, Sharks and now it looks like Panthers happy to see the back of him. Bit of a troublemaker / prima donna. Been a good player but not the right fit for us in my view.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah, we only seem to get EX stars. We need to focus on future talenteither from our own stocks or actually getting a junior we target.

Would have been good a couple years ago, but too late for mine.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
3-4 years ago its a yes but not now he's 33 and he looks cooked.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not worth it, he's done his dash in the nrl and his best years are very much over. Super league is the perfect place for him

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No he form is so bad this year and he is a liability in defence and a penalty machine. 3 years ago would have be perfect.