Opinion John Olive

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Whoever in the club recruited this flog ... sack yourself.

Can't even make the bench in Ron Massey Cup and have been named on an extended Ron Massey Cup bench this week. I mean.... how shit must you be to end up there!

Ben Marschke only just scraping onto the bench as well, but at least he's not TAKING UP A FUCKING TOP 30 SPOT LIKE OLIVE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samuel Radovu and Dalton Smith (also previously hyped) are on bench / extended bench as well.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never needed to be in the top 30 but we rushed into locking 30 players in.

One of a few we should be glad to see the back of at the end of the year.

Reactions: DT

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I remember there was uproar amongst members here when he was demoted from the First Grade 17 last year

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They usually name them on the extended bench because they never know if there will needed for Canterbury Cup. I think you’ll find McDonnell signed him and he’s been sacked anyway.

Reactions: DT

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
They usually name them on the extended bench because they never know if there will needed for Canterbury Cup. I think you’ll find McDonnell signed him and he’s been sacked anyway.
Well deserved then.

He won't be playing CC as Holland, Lichaa, Brown, To'omaga and Lewis will all likely drop back.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well deserved then.

He won't be playing CC as Holland, Lichaa, Brown, To'omaga and Lewis will all likely drop back.
I think Lewis and Renouf will go to the Gold Coast with the NRL squad so won’t play CCup.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Lewis and Renouf will go to the Gold Coast with the NRL squad so won’t play CCup.
i doubt lewis will go anywhere.. for one his misses is due and another thing is he has a niggling injury that apparently Burgess gave him.. so i would not be surprised if hes getting a rest from all grades for teh time being.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wasn't this dud supposed to be the next Josh Morris or some shit?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i doubt lewis will go anywhere.. for one his misses is due and another thing is he has a niggling injury that apparently Burgess gave him.. so i would not be surprised if hes getting a rest from all grades for teh time being.
Yeah good point. There will definitely be 2 shadow players going up with the NRL team so it will be pretty thin in CCup.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he played well against the Tigers that game. Then against the Titans at Belmore he was absolutely terrible.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought he played well against the Tigers that game. Then against the Titans at Belmore he was absolutely terrible.
He can look awesome every now and then running the ball but he just cannot defend and as soon as something doesn’t go his way his head goes down and that’s it.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben Marschke only just scraping onto the bench as well, but at least he's not TAKING UP A FUCKING TOP 30 SPOT LIKE OLIVE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So none of the marschke brothers are any good? I thought one of them was going quite well im new cup earlier this year. Hmmm

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If that's true then why drop Lewis and take him to the coast?? Isnt the kid meant to go back and fix some issues in reggies?? Another blinder of a decision by the coaching staff...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Scooby here :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Olive ??? At least we have Holland, just remember that ;)

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If that's true then why drop Lewis?? Isnt the kid meant to go back and fix some issues in reggies?? Another blinder of a decision by the coaching staff...
I got no idea if it will be Lewis or not just going off him not being named in CCup so thought he might be the shadow player.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got no idea if it will be Lewis or not just going off him not being named in CCup so thought he might be the shadow player.
Oh I would be extremely surprised if his not a shadow player... Just defeats the purpose of dropping him really to work on his game. What if Coggar has an abosolute shocker and lets in another couple of tries and does nothing in attack? What then next week?

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh I would be extremely surprised if his not a shadow player... Just defeats the purpose of dropping him really to work on his game. What if Coggar has an abosolute shocker and lets in another couple of tries and does nothing in attack? What then next week?
Exactly! He needs game time in CCup sitting out or getting 10 mins in NRL isn’t going to do him any help at all. Hopefully he gets a run so if Cogger fails he can be more confident and comfortable when he comes back into NRL.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly! He needs game time in CCup sitting out or getting 10 mins in NRL isn’t going to do him any help at all. Hopefully he gets a run so if Cogger fails he can be more confident and comfortable when he comes back into NRL.
Interesting to see how this unfolds... surely the staff cant be that dumb, surely.