Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's out of favour with Siebold and Bennett has denied that Souths are interested. I don't care what he's like I just want a genuine first grade centre playing in the centres.... Dogs should make an offer.

Obviously

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we sign him up to play ISP? because with his discipline issues he's not gonna make it into Firsts

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

That said, I would welcome him at the club for a Holland/Roberts combo, I think he will bring results on the field and thats what matters
Nasheed.
Pairing him with Holland may add to his depression..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He seems like an absolute wanker no thanks just go for curtis scott fmd he will be a star

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Since coming into 1st grade the 20 year old has been brilliant!

With Johnson out for a few more weeks, it gives Flanagan more game time, exposure and experience.

This kid is an out and out 7.

When Johnson returns he will obviously slot back into the the halves alongside Townsend. Flanagan will be dropped back to Cup as there is no space for him on the bench, with Brailey there as well.

Taking into account that Johnson is signed till 2021 and close to a million a season, and Townsend who has cemented himself as the Cronulla half, Flanagan surely will not wait a couple of years in Cup, waiting for his opportunity once again.

Considering today's young players are impatient, especially after being given a sniff of first grade, and making the most of it, if they do, surely we can entice him over throwing the 7 jersey at him and 500k a year for 4 years, and blow Cronulla off the park???

I have the same thoughts about Brandon Smith and another 18 months of him looking at Camerons foot steps?

Thoughts?

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes wayyyyy too much sense.

You're off your chops, as it won't happen.

Haven't you heard we are waiting for Ponga in 2021!

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ill put both my nuts under the guillotine he will end up at the Roosters

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since coming into 1st grade the 20 year old has been brilliant!

With Johnson out for a few more weeks, it gives Flanagan more game time, exposure and experience.

This kid is an out and out 7.

When Johnson returns he will obviously slot back into the the halves alongside Townsend. Flanagan will be dropped back to Cup as there is no space for him on the bench, with Brailey there as well.

Taking into account that Johnson is signed till 2021 and close to a million a season, and Townsend who has cemented himself as the Cronulla half, Flanagan surely will not wait a couple of years in Cup, waiting for his opportunity once again.

Considering today's young players are impatient, especially after being given a sniff of first grade, and making the most of it, if they do, surely we can entice him over throwing the 7 jersey at him and 500k a year for 4 years, and blow Cronulla off the park???

I have the same thoughts about Brandon Smith and another 18 months of him looking at Camerons foot steps?

Thoughts?
With the right guidance Lachlan Lewis,could be very good for us,unfortunately he's playing behind a beaten pack,and he needs to take the line s bit more,Flanagan sure has talent,but with the right direction,Lachlan Lewis could turn out to be a beauty

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Didn't take long for "we have Lewis" brigade to come out.

Our recruitment and retention is just as diabolical as some of the kennel recruitment agents

Comparing Lewis to Flanagan. fml

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My question is do we go after a young 24 year old gutherson.... the kid plays with heart and would be perfect for a rebuild. Even at 650k a season we offload lichaa and a few young pups and sign him up. People will ask what about meany? I’d throw him on the wing if it means bringing gutho in
Nah, he is above average in a few positions but not good enough to be a star in any. We need to aim for the best.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol Mansour dropped panthers side.... it’s prob just temporary but I’d go after someone like him. Solid strong and experienced... and won’t cost a fortune.... who cares if he is under contract lol

George Ibrahim

Waterboy
Reaction score
Josh Mansour has been dropped from panthers team and is out of favour with Cleary. Do you think we should go after him for the right price?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Rather not take more Panthers' rejects. Might as well get Dylan Edwards while we're at it. Dean Whare too.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Ive been convinced..SIGN JIMMY THE JET....on the cheap

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking even stronger that Roberts is on the market, we could sign him up and he could play for us next weekend against the Storm. He will need a game before SOO, so he'll be keen to sign up quickly hence cheaply.

Go Dogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Corey Oates - been reported some Sydney clubs are willing to pay 700k for him... as usual no teams named so likely lies. However it pay that fucker 800K if it means we don't see Okunbur again.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Corey Oates - been reported some Sydney clubs are willing to pay 700k for him... as usual no teams named so likely lies. However it pay that fucker 800K if it means we don't see Okunbur again.
Not again!

Just had a baby and will stay in Brisbane at Broncos (or head to Titans), because family and support network are up there.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wonder if we would be able to pry Ryan Papenhuyzen away from Melbourne he's from Sydney, watching him last week and again tonight he has speed to burn and carrys the ball strong and looks like he could be a genuine game changer. I would do us all a solid and give up my left testicle to get him.