Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Agree no. Trouble with a capital J. We are down, but not desperate enough to sign a trouble maker who will inevitably end up in strife again - our club doesn’t need that, we’ve got enough to contend with.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When is Roberts off contract? Maybe the Bulldogs could be in front and negotiate a deal with the Broncos for a Roberts release and have them pay a portion of his contract..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I want someone who would work well with Smith. Roberts has speed yes, but I doubt his ability in every other area... especially passing.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d throw money at someone like Latrell but Roberts is to big a risk to pay big dollars especially given our situation

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d throw money at someone like Latrell but Roberts is to big a risk to pay big dollars especially given our situation
We wouldn’t be paying big dollars. Broncos want him gone and he still has a couple of years on left in his contract so they will have to contribute. Get him here before June 30 and then have a option for 2020 in the club’s favour. Latrell is a pipe dream he’s not coming here.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We wouldn’t be paying big dollars. Broncos want him gone and he still has a couple of years on left in his contract so they will have to contribute. Get him here before June 30 and then have a option for 2020 in the club’s favour. Latrell is a pipe dream he’s not coming here.
Maybe Roberts on smaller cash, I’d rather throw some big cash at a gun hooker and someone like Fifita from the Broncs...move Reimis to centres

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d rather throw some cash at a gun hooker and someone like Fifita from the Broncs...move Reimis to centres
Getting Roberts on a deal like I suggested wouldn’t rule us out of buying other players.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I have thought about this deeply the last hour.

With the rising cap, we can throw him a 2 million dollar 3 year deal easily.

The way i see it, if he misbehaves, which is inevitable we can sack him if he's playing poo then see whats on the market at that point. Simple.No risk. Nasheed.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "no dickheads allowed" rule comes into effect here.... won’t happen... someone ask the club ‘when was the last time a club won the Comp with no dickheads in the team?’ Please, I would love to know!

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be good for the odd highlight and an extra few tries a year

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who wants James Roberts (former nsw player literally within last 12 months) when you can have Montoya and holland and finish last?
This is the best post lol, literally everyone on the kennel passes on every player that is available, who the fuck do youse want lol,

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
This is the best post lol, literally everyone on the kennel passes on every player that is available, who the fuck do youse want lol,
Don’t get me wrong, he’s a cockhead clearly. Has some issues. Clearly.

Can play football and has elite attributes we badly lack. Clearly.

If he’s an option then he is a huge improvement and a strict contract is a no brainer. Unless you would rather choir boys who are fucking hopeless at football.

I compete in a contact sport in boxing and my trainer was an Australian champ and had a very successful career and one thing he said has said always stuck in my head, whenever I get questions on certain aspects of the sport from family and wife’s family and others that don’t understand the sport or contact sports without demeaning or thinking we are uneducated. Whenever I get the do you want your kids growing up with that as what your father did etc Etc.

every good competitor in any sport has to have some **** in him. I don’t enjoy hurting people, or consider myself a thug or any bullshit that I have been called/heard. Though it’s a love of my sport and a inner challenge that you find in yourself to compete and succeed. In that and outside that is two different people. What I’m trying to say is what we see in field and what they are like off field is two completely different things. I consider Mundine a complete wanker: though I know for a fact off the camera he is a really nice level guy.

I don’t care if it’s that, grub instinct (like Ennis and Reynolds where) or a complete thug like packer/lodge/gavet and others have shown in their life and history. They aren’t paid to look after our family or raise our children. Some come from terrible up bringing and terrible history/baggage.

I get that kids look up to them. With that being the case it’s why you give them strict contracts. If they do something so disgusting like packer/lodge did or slap their misses around sack them. Charge them and send them to jail as they should.

If they can’t keep off the piss and be responsible athlete they won’t last either.

Though for me I’d rather have a Roberts, Ferguson, Munster, Pearce, Gagai, Fifita, Bromwich etc that has shown to have drinking issues or party boy issues and a bit of a cockhead at some stage in their career then be left with holland and Montoya and fighting for the Fucking spoon every year.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roberts can't defend and he is busted very injury prone.

We should not be doing the Gronkos any favours by taking their deadwood.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran is on $1.2m a year

What we need to do, is get Foran off our books ASAP!

500k Flanagan
500k Brandon Smith
200k leftover + 300k from Lichaa is another 500k for a top outside back

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My question is do we go after a young 24 year old gutherson.... the kid plays with heart and would be perfect for a rebuild. Even at 650k a season we offload lichaa and a few young pups and sign him up. People will ask what about meany? I’d throw him on the wing if it means bringing gutho in