Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can't "afford him" then I don't see how the Wabbits can, as they will still have to pay Inglis for the next 2 years at full contract value. We could take him right now, pay him around $1m for the rest of this season and then, say, $1.5m a year for the next 3 years Next season we would still have enough to recruit a couple of pretty good players, albeit not superstars. That's just untilising the cap freed up by the players off contract next year. If we shed some more then we could obviously afford more.

Go Dogs
Wishful thinking....word around the kennel is that we are not paying overs anymore....we need a marquee

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really???? So tell me why despite him approaching the Dogs with the deal that his brother be signed as well (Cleal asleep at the wheel); the Storm, Rabbitohs Knights & Broncos all fell over themselves to sign him but the shrewd O’Sullivan agreed to sign his BIG brother Shaquai as well getting him to the Roosters.He was a standout at every age group but came with attitude.
That “someone” who played against him has a great eye for league talent.........
I know it does mean much but it was 15-16 years of age the period I’m referring to.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely the club has to look at Fainu?? And he's off contract apparently...

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he would be expensive but he's a "proven" gamebreaker. Imagine how many more games we would win with someone / anyone able to manufacture 1 or more tries a game. He would give other players confidence during games, give them incentive to train as hard and be as good. He'd attract extra sponsorship also for both himself and the club. Identifying the next Latrell Mitchell is a pretty hard task. How many paid experts are trying to do that for every NRL club every day of the week ? Then even if you identify potentials there's no guarantee they will become a Latrell Mitchell. If Souths could afford Inglis plus Sam Burgess, his brothers, a decent half in Reynolds etc then surely we could afford Mitchell plus other decent players around him.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
End of the day as good as Mitchell is. No centre is worth over 600k in my opinion....

The centre doesnt make the metres like the forwards do, centre doesnt control ruck like a hooker does, centre doesnt do the kicking game like a half does, centre doesn't lead his team like a half does.

If the centre doesnt get the ball then he becomes as useful as tits on a bull...

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People, you have got it wrong...
Come November, The bulldogs will bid for Mitchell for 2021 !!!
We will have the Cap space and plenty of it !!!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
End of the day as good as Mitchell is. No centre is worth over 600k in my opinion....

The centre doesnt make the metres like the forwards do, centre doesnt control ruck like a hooker does, centre doesnt do the kicking game like a half does, centre doesn't lead his team like a half does.

If the centre doesnt get the ball then he becomes as useful as tits on a bull...
He will be the Rock-Star fullback or the new 5/8.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He will be the Rock-Star fullback or the new 5/8.
If he played those positions and he was good at it then i would definitely pay him top $$ and want him at our club

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I know he's injured atm, but looking for a harder aggressive pack i wouldnt mind pinching Tapine from Canberra. Great wether he's on an edge or in the middle.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Smith
7. Cogger
10. Napa
11. CHN
13. Jackson (move him if Arrow will come)
16. Ogden
17. To'Omaga

Are the only positions I think we have covered at this point. Lewis dunno where we play him though... want him in the side but where? Plenty of spots that need filling

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From the off contract list across the NRL this year i would target

Christian Welch
Sitili Tupouniua
Brinton Nikora
Sosaia Feki
Corey Oates

If there is any chance of nabbing Brandon Smith, that would be my first target

From our off-contract list i would release

Nu Brown
Michael Lichaa
John Olive
Francis Tualau
Rhyse Martin
Danny Fualalo

1. Meaney
2. Oates
3. Hopoate
4. R. Smith
5. Feki
6. Foran
7. Cogger
8. Napa
9. Smith
10. Ogden
11. CHN
12. Nikora
13. Jackson

14. Tolman
15. Welch
16. Tupouniua
17. To'omaga

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From the off contract list across the NRL this year i would target

Christian Welch
Sitili Tupouniua
Brinton Nikora
Sosaia Feki
Corey Oates

If there is any chance of nabbing Brandon Smith, that would be my first target

From our off-contract list i would release

Nu Brown
Michael Lichaa
John Olive
Francis Tualau
Rhyse Martin
Danny Fualalo

1. Meaney
2. Oates
3. Hopoate
4. R. Smith
5. Feki
6. Foran
7. Cogger
8. Napa
9. Smith
10. Ogden
11. CHN
12. Nikora
13. Jackson

14. Tolman
15. Welch
16. Tupouniua
17. To'omaga
Thats a big punchy bench!

Thats not a bad team, considering the options available, but i reckon we are buckleys chance of signing any of those players

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's out of favour with Siebold and Bennett has denied that Souths are interested. I don't care what he's like I just want a genuine first grade centre playing in the centres.... Dogs should make an offer.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of course we should if we are in rebuilding phase..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seibold’s shock Roberts snub leaves Origin centre in reserve grade

Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold appears set to leave State of Origin incumbent James Roberts in reserve grade despite a centre spot opening in the NRL team.

Roberts was dropped to Queensland Cup last week amid reports he had fallen out with the new Broncos coach and was attempting to gain a release from Red Hill.

A season-ending injury to Jack Bird in Round 9 opened a position at right centre, but it looks like Roberts won’t be filling it.

Reports from Broncos training on Monday morning revealed Roberts continued to train with the reserves.

Gehemat Shibasaki trained at right centre, while Jamayne Isaako looks set to be recalled to play on the wing. Isaako was also dropped ahead of Round 9.

It’s been widely reported Roberts - NSW’s incumbent right centre - is unhappy under Seibold and wants to switch clubs.

South Sydney was said to be the frontrunner for his services until coach Wayne Bennett ruled that option out over the weekend.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/042027a0175bdf2723a1829270ca9a51