Obstruction??

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
EVERY team would've been penalised, no comment sense but that's the rule. You can't just hang around in the defensive line.
ALL ELLIOT'S FAULT, very lazy and unaware.
watch it again - he was behind the play the ball and the defense rushed up and were offside!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
EVERY team would've been penalised, no comment sense but that's the rule. You can't just hang around in the defensive line.
ALL ELLIOT'S FAULT, very lazy and unaware.
But where is the defensive line if the guy offside created it???

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay should cop most of the blame, it's disgraceful to see the state of them team he sends out. Finally in the 2nd half our halves get on the ball and the ball movement is a lot crisper but our forwards and especially our edges look clueless and fuck things up. We had more than enough ball and chances to put that game to bed.
We are just fucken gifting teams a win every week
Should have won no problems at all
Newcastle did nothing special

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay should cop most of the blame, it's disgraceful to see the state of them team he sends out. Finally in the 2nd half our halves get on the ball and the ball movement is a lot crisper but our forwards and especially our edges look clueless and fuck things up. We had more than enough ball and chances to put that game to bed.
I don’t agree Pay should cop most the blame. The coach doesn’t make the stupid errors, we looked good in patches and didn’t follow through.
Gotta agree some selections are not ideal but we are not privy to what happens at training or away from the game. We weren’t far off the mark today, if calls went both ways and what everyone saw we may have snuck away, but will never know. Bottom
Line. Pay shouldn’t cop all the blame but I know you aren’t a fan.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Same old story.. 2021 cant come soon enough when regardless of the referring sheer talent will put away enough points to put the NRL and there corrupted shit away.
Agree. We simply don’t have the troops. Won’t take many just some more class

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's Hasler in his worst years with us, without the defensive nous... i dont see any change in the way we play at all...

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't help but remember when Fine got sinbined last season for being 20cm offside. Just zero consistency

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t agree Pay should cop most the blame. The coach doesn’t make the stupid errors, we looked good in patches and didn’t follow through.
Gotta agree some selections are not ideal but we are not privy to what happens at training or away from the game. We weren’t far off the mark today, if calls went both ways and what everyone saw we may have snuck away, but will never know. Bottom
Line. Pay shouldn’t cop all the blame but I know you aren’t a fan.
Yes he does, poor preparation and lack of well drilled system in place leads to these issues. Our players are flat and lack confidence and these mistakes are a result of that. Our completion rate is one of the best in the league, means fucking nothing when we're doing nothing with the ball. Pay is responsible for that loss.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, besides the knight's player being offside (which we rightfully got the penalty) you're saying you're allowed to stand in the rode and impede defenders to make Foran's run to the line easier?

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How is this incorrect by the rules? I genuinely want to know..
I thought you can't stop in the defensive line, what's the rule??
He wasn’t a decoy, he didn’t stop in the defensive line. He was in our backline. The defender come off his line very early, bumped into him and we got no try.

I suggest you watch it again. Elliot never moved from the moment the ball was played where he was behind the play the ball.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are you saying it was a fair try by the letter of the law?

CHUCKYBOY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The NRL has got it in for the bulldogs. Been happening for years now. They have been trying hard to make our club look bad and will continue to do so as long as Greenberg is in charge. They purposely tell the refs to cane us. Been saying it for years CORRUPTION. They will keep us at the bottom of the ladder until somebody in our club has the balls to let them have it.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How on earth was it obstruction when elliot didnt even run a decoy , he just held his ground
I think the decision is consistent with other calls similar in other games. A player can't hang in the defensive line, he should push straight through and not stop

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I think everyone is missing the point, they have been consistent in turning down tries for an player just standing in the line, Elliott should have known and not been there
Elliot wouldn’t have been in the way if the nights player was on side.