Kieran Foran's body not holding up?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need The Kieran Forum for all the threads...

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least there is one other person on here who understands that there is huge difference between re occurring injuries to the same area of the body and freak one offs that have absolutely no relationship to anything previous.
I would ad that if he was in as bad a condition as some crap on about he wouldn't be back from a high level syndesmosis injury after 5 weeks. Just amazing mental strength and physical recovery work.

Go Dogs
oy......

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I hope he comes back an really does well for us for the rest of the year, if he does he will help us finish better than we would without him. I still support him as long as he wears our jumper.

Broken man or not he’s here an he will do his best I believe.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I appreciate that Foran has had a multitude of problems which have not been dealt with correctly in the past (whether physical, mental or personal) and I have great sympathy for the bloke but, since leaving Manly in 2015, he has played a total of 41 games out of a possible 80 (this includes all matches up to last week).

I know that he's trying hard and, at his best is a class player, but I think that those days are well behind him.
A 50% play/miss record isn't fantastic.

Stats don't prove everything so I hope he comes back strongly and proves me wrong.
I'll be wishing the best for the bloke......and hoping for some Bulldog victories! Go Doggies!!!!

Reactions: GDR

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Look I'm a Foran fan, always was BUT that "successful race car" hasn't finished a race in like 4-5 seasons...……….is it still successful? Regardless of the issue under the hood the whole condition of the car must be looked at?
If you’d already fixed the car and it was winning again, you’d just change the tyre.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I will give him the benefit of the doubt... why ? because it was a farking syndesmosis injury and heaps of those have occurred in recent weeks. Has nothing to do with how fragile he is, its all to do with how people are gang tackling this season.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully he'll have a good run injury free from this week on. As mentioned already this was a different injury than he's had before and his recovery time was well ahead of schedule. We really need every experienced player we have on the park and if he gets back in form we're going to be a better team with him playing.

At the start of his career SBW spent loads of time on the sidelines and forged a long career. No reason to believe that bad luck with injuries will plague Foran forever. If at any stage he decides to quit it's not like we can replace him with a player if the same value in a hurry anyway. It's no use complaining about this ad nauseum. Just cross your fingers and hope he makes a difference on feild this year.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that if he plays to his ability he makes a massive difference to our team but, IMHO we got one good game out of him this year, don't recall any last year.
So whats the odds that of getting 1 or 2 good games out of him this year, and how many will we get next year.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
nah fair few players this year have got syndesmosis injuries. If he plays the rest of the year uninjured then good. If he gets injured again this year, then I agree.

ASR010

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm actually quite optimistic and excited for Foz to be back, i really do believe that he's more determined he's ever been and training the house down to help his body prevent future injuries. Unfortunately he was pretty unlucky with this last injury, it wasn't a sign of his body failing him, just fckn shit luck really. His early return really is a testament to where his head is at and that's a big positive for us because he's obviously put the work in to get back out there ASAP. We all know he makes our attack 10x better when he's firing, so instead of focusing on his past issues we should all be getting on board for what he can still give us, which is a lot... Go Dogs!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm actually quite optimistic and excited for Foz to be back, i really do believe that he's more determined he's ever been and training the house down to help his body prevent future injuries. Unfortunately he was pretty unlucky with this last injury, it wasn't a sign of his body failing him, just fckn shit luck really. His early return really is a testament to where his head is at and that's a big positive for us because he's obviously put the work in to get back out there ASAP. We all know he makes our attack 10x better when he's firing, so instead of focusing on his past issues we should all be getting on board for what he can still give us, which is a lot... Go Dogs!!
Yup, his return is very important.. need his experience leading the boys around, he will be a massive positive getting better results, more wins etc!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey lads,

I don’t know if I am off the mark in saying this but although Foran was playing good footy before his injury this year, it has been for the past few months that Forans body is holding up with the game anymore. He was constantly injured when playing for teams in the past and being at the dogs also has found an injury rather frequently. But who else would agree that if Foran has another bad injury or an injury where we miss him for a few weeks that it would just be best if he medically retires and try and keep a stable half combination.

Let me know your thoughts

Cheers
Please, this post has been done like a million times over!!!!! Every second person is constantly saying this. It has completely done to death.
Welcome to the kennel, but please let this be your last post about foran.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
it was a risky signing from the start, although im happy with how the club has handled him.

We look much more directed when hes on, looks like Cogger is actually learning from him, more than Lewis anyway