Pay axes 3 stars...

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Why are people fired up??
Everyone has an opinion and that’s fair
But pays the coach he knows more than the kennel does so if he fucks up let pay fall on his sword.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so yeah pretty devestated at the reported team that will be playing. But Pay has to announce his 21 players.

I don't think Ogden was ever going to miss out. But Pay thought I've got to do something with the left edge. I think the problems stem from Holland running in and Ok follows him in. sure he doesn't have to come in as far as he does but I think that's inexperience.

possible scenario is:

Pay thinks only option is to move one of our better ball runners there in CHN. so before team is announced early Tuesday he pulls Holland in and tells him he'll be dropping out of the team but will still be named in the 17.

He takes it hard, going on about How his mate in Taree knows he is the best Fullback the team has and will play for Australia. Pay rolls the eyes and goes. yeah he needs a dose of reality and some time to think if he wants a first grade career or not.

CHN pulls out due to family and Pay has the choice to reinstate a player that needs some time out or give Montoya another chance. Would really love to call on Harper but he wasn't named in the 21. He decides moving forward with Montoya is better then going back to Holland that lost his shit when he was told he was being dropped.

With Lewis most agree Cogger deserves to hold his Position over Lewis. Cogger has been improving every week and Lewis has been going backwards.

Martin, I think it's an attitude thing and wouldn't surprise me if he is a mid season transfer. Sucks but if his heart isn't in playing for the dogs anymore Pay will move onto someone else.

I think we will be getting someone mid season that'll play in the centres.

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are likely to lose Martin and Lewis from the club in the same way we lost Thurston and Cook
Chalk and Cheese champ! No way Martin and Lewis would come back to haunt us like Cook and Thurston. Martin and Lewis are no where near the level of Cook and Thurston.

Only Des can make the mistake of losing Cook...my blood still boils thinking about it.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
is this a joke?

Holland has two dodgy games when hes normally superb and hes axed.

The way hes treated, we simply dont deserve him.

And whos going to kick the goals now?

Watch us get pumped by 38-42 points. Mark my words.

LOL...that will do me...Nasheed and his obsession with Holland and Wolfmother and her obsession with Ennis....kill me now...lol

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why don’t you give him credit for the other signings. Doubt any club gets a 100% like the main attractions on the kennel do..
That's true, even the great coaches make recruitment mistakes

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where’s the vodka?

Montoya again dear lord

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay says according to this report axing was because of poor defence yet okinbur the player that run in too early conceding both tries is still there. Work that out. Putting in players that are worse then the ones his replacing makes good sense
Holland and not okunbor was dropped due to the explanation I got from the fox sports commentary in the game v manly
Gasnier said the tries were the result of Holland angling in on D therefore okunbor has to follow

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
is this a joke?

Holland has two dodgy games when hes normally superb and hes axed.

The way hes treated, we simply dont deserve him.

And whos going to kick the goals now?

Watch us get pumped by 38-42 points. Mark my words.
Quick tip- Holland is bog ordinary. He’s only ever C grade or B on a very good day. I hate Montoya but him and Holland are exactly the same basically.

He can go to the ESL won’t be missed

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Quick tip- Holland is bog ordinary. He’s only ever C grade or B on a very good day. I hate Montoya but him and Holland are exactly the same basically.

He can go to the ESL won’t be missed
100%

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mate he is giving everyone in the squad a chance what else do you want from him?

We just don’t have the players that other coaches have
I'm sick of that same excuse for last season and 8 rounds. Pay is useless.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you watch the opposition he was agaisnt though. That Blacktown team is ridiculously fat and slow. Even Made lichaa look like a world class hooker..
I didn't watch the game, but Holland needs to be replaced. So to me it makes sense the Montoya is the one to replace him based on last weeks game.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah exactly, choosing between Montoya and Holland is like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Let’s see how Montoya goes and hopefully he has a good game. There’s no doubt the edge is going to be targeted heavily.
Who knows, maybe he will kick on and finish out the year. We can only hope.

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If okunbor gets caught out again and let's in a few tries then he has too go.

brucey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What doe he have against Martin? I always feel better when he is on the field

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We are replacing an average player with an average player
Result..a below average performance

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh the only one who will be missed is Martin, for his conversions.

All pretty average.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't value Holland much BUT I would rather have him any day in our side than MONTOYA ... Holland is the best of the worst outside backs we have, please PAY leave Montoya out, I would rather play with 12 men on the field than have Montoya in our side!!!!

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't value Holland much BUT I would rather have him any day in our side than MONTOYA ... Holland is the best of the worst outside backs we have, please PAY leave Montoya out, I would rather play with 12 men on the field than have Montoya in our side!!!!
I second this as Montoya is not FG material at all, not sue what Pay is thinking here, at least Holland can kick goals now that Martin has also been dropped!!! Soooo who kicks for us now, well IF we core a try that is LOL