Kieran Foran's body not holding up?

dylan.m

New Pup
Reaction score
Hey lads,

I don’t know if I am off the mark in saying this but although Foran was playing good footy before his injury this year, it has been for the past few months that Forans body is holding up with the game anymore. He was constantly injured when playing for teams in the past and being at the dogs also has found an injury rather frequently. But who else would agree that if Foran has another bad injury or an injury where we miss him for a few weeks that it would just be best if he medically retires and try and keep a stable half combination.

Let me know your thoughts

Cheers

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hated this signing from Day 1 and still do.

Nothing to do with his ability at all.

Ive had enough of ifs and buts with him, and i just hope his body holds up till the end of next year.

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah Dylan I reckon your on the money mate, everyone on here screamed for him to be at this club for 18mths. He has done nothing but disrupted our roster since coming with poor form and injuries
I liked the way he played when he was at his peak at manly but his best days are gone.
We need to keep Lewis and cogger in there to build combinations and get first grade experience for next year imo

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Unfortunately we are stuck with him, even if he gets injured,
Hopefully he can finish the season without an injury.

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unfortunately we are stuck with him, even if he gets injured,
Hopefully he can finish the season without an injury.
I’ll give him two games lol

A

Alexander the Great

How many more injuries and rehab can one man take. I feel sorry for him because he is a great player when in form and fit.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His body cannot handle NRL now

One only has to look at the number of injured players already this season to see that the NRL is such a brutal game now that only the fittest survive

Foran's best years were when he was at Manly and even then he had his mental issues

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If he get's injured again the bloke needs to consider a selfless act and retire. Not good enough that he get's injured but has a great attitude in returning.....

A rebuilding club cannot afford it's only "marquee" player out inured most of the year every year. That cash needs to be spent on players not watchers.

As I said, he needs to do the right thing and retire if injured again.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s a completely new injury, unrelated to any of his previous injuries. And one that he should fully recover from.
If he does a hammy or his back then, yea ok, but this is like scrapping a successful race car that’s had gearbox problems, because it got a flat tyre.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a completely new injury, unrelated to any of his previous injuries. And one that he should fully recover from.
If he does a hammy or his back then, yea ok, but this is like scrapping a successful race car that’s had gearbox problems, because it got a flat tyre.
It’s been a long time since he changed that flat Tyre

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Look I'm a Foran fan, always was BUT that "successful race car" hasn't finished a race in like 4-5 seasons...……….is it still successful? Regardless of the issue under the hood the whole condition of the car must be looked at?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The injury was one that could have happened to any player in the NRL from most injury prone to fittest. Same with the toe injury last year. Just unlucky.

Heck look at BJ Leilua... bulged disc in neck and facing the season out. It's just something that happens.

Last year when he was out, the club (us), took the opportunity to correct an issue with his wrist which was a mistreated previous injury. Had toe and wrist surgery around the same time.

Forans issues in the past with injuries have been that the clubs he was with mistreated/incorrectly approached the way they should have been treated. Warriors had him playing half busted for examples sake!.

Our medical staff are part the reason Foran signed on with us, and part the reason why he's been on the paddock (freak injuries aside), so far.

Looking forward to having Foz back. Makes a massive difference to our attack.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey lads,

I don’t know if I am off the mark in saying this but although Foran was playing good footy before his injury this year, it has been for the past few months that Forans body is holding up with the game anymore. He was constantly injured when playing for teams in the past and being at the dogs also has found an injury rather frequently. But who else would agree that if Foran has another bad injury or an injury where we miss him for a few weeks that it would just be best if he medically retires and try and keep a stable half combination.

Let me know your thoughts

Cheers
Can't medically retire a player for an injury that he can recover from. The fact that he was able to come back quickly from the latest injury shows that his body is capable of recovering, and not farked like many have said. Sure if he continues to have Hammy and lower back issues than maybe that could be an injury that could end him. A syndesmosis injury, like many players have had in the past including players such as Tommy Turbo and Ben Barba is not career ending. On the topic of dodgy hamstrings maybe the Broncos should medically retire TPJ and Manly medically retire Tommy Turbo.

I understand frustrations around him being unavailable so often but we really should give him the benefit of the doubt. If he plays like he did vs the Tigers for the rest of the year we will win more than we lose.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The injury was one that could have happened to any player in the NRL from most injury prone to fittest. Same with the toe injury last year. Just unlucky.
Heck look at BJ Leilua... bulged disc in neck and facing the season out. It's just something that happens.
Last year when he was out, the club (us), took the opportunity to correct an issue with his wrist which was a mistreated previous injury. Had toe and wrist surgery around the same time.
Forans issues in the past with injuries have been that the clubs he was with mistreated/incorrectly approached the way they should have been treated. Warriors had him playing half busted for examples sake!.
Our medical staff are part the reason Foran signed on with us, and part the reason why he's been on the paddock (freak injuries aside), so far.
Looking forward to having Foz back. Makes a massive difference to our attack.
At least there is one other person on here who understands that there is huge difference between re occurring injuries to the same area of the body and freak one offs that have absolutely no relationship to anything previous.
I would ad that if he was in as bad a condition as some crap on about he wouldn't be back from a high level syndesmosis injury after 5 weeks. Just amazing mental strength and physical recovery work.

Go Dogs