Pay axes 3 stars...

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Meanwhile Josh Morris is playing for a pittance at the Sharks.....just saying.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why don’t you give him credit for the other signings. Doubt any club gets a 100% like the main attractions on the kennel do..
It was a dumb signing from Day 1. You do not need Sue when you have Odgen & Toomaga coming up through the ranks along with Fualalo there as well, not to mention signing CHN

Money blown on Sue could of been used elsewhere, no matter the amount spent.

And in Canterbury's case, every cent counts

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Ponga and Newcastle carve us a new asshole and score 40 plus again, Where does that leave Pay?

Mate he is giving everyone in the squad a chance what else do you want from him?

We just don’t have the players that other coaches have

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah exactly, choosing between Montoya and Holland is like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Let’s see how Montoya goes and hopefully he has a good game. There’s no doubt the edge is going to be targeted heavily.
Did you watch Manlys two tries? wouldnt matter who was at centre and wing nobody had numbered up on the inside Holland had to go in and hence Occ went in if they stay out Manly would have almost scored under the posts.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was a dumb signing from Day 1. You do not need Sue when you have Odgen & Toomaga coming up through the ranks along with Fualalo there as well, not to mention signing CHN

Sue was always a depth signing. I’m not saying it’s good or bad just saying that the club can’t get every signing right.

You would like to think Ogden and Renouf are in front of Sue

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you watch Manlys two tries? wouldnt matter who was at centre and wing nobody had numbered up on the inside Holland had to go in and hence Occ went in if they stay out Manly would have almost scored under the posts.
Montoya isn't going to fix that.....

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And I just changed my tip from Bulldogs to Knights.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Well a big factor is how much he is on. There is value in him that he is an experienced prop, and we are lacking in experience there. He is also from all reports a good trainer which does have an effect on the culture of the team

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sue was always a depth signing. I’m not saying it’s good or bad just saying that the club can’t get every signing right.

You would like to think Ogden and Renouf are in front of Sue
You gotta get the signings correct more often than not.

Its been a fair few years now, where our signings have consisted of more cow shit that gold nuggets

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So one of the middle men or jmk is the one that should be dropped?

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
Holland or Montoya, there's a third choice and his name is harper

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well a big factor is how much he is on. There is value in him that he is an experienced prop, and we are lacking in experience there. He is also from all reports a good trainer which does have an effect on the culture of the team
Yeah true.

The results speak for themselves.

Cant believe how much our fruits are blossoming

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I genuinely feel like crying.
Holland in reserve grade whilst Okenbur and Montoya in firsts. Nasheed.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Bloody hell, here I was thinking leading into the only game I will go to this year (lives in Brissie) that we might have a full strength team. Taking the kids to their first ever big game at Lang Park and what happens, bloody coach (who I have supported) makes mass changes and instead of a full strength team a severely weakened one. I've gone from we will win this one to we will get smashed! Thanks **** after I've already bought the tickets!

Strike #1 Mr Pay from me.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You gotta get the signings correct more often than not.

Its been a fair few years now, where our signings have consisted of more cow shit that gold nuggets
What two players on 1 year deals ... yeah that’s ridiculous considering the turn over we have had on a shoe string budget

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happened a lot last year mate. Second rower like jj went to the middle to clean up and our right side, hoppa and montoya, got smashed. May be the structure?