Pay axes 3 stars...

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol Deano could never win over the armchair supercoaches of the kennel.

Lewis and Holland in particular have been bagged by the Kennel for a few weeks now. Yet as soon as they're dropped the kennel implodes.

Holland has been poor in both attack and defence. Montoya has been fantastic in reserve grade. I'm totally fine with the swap.

Foran in for an underperforming Lewis, another no brainer. Great to see Cogger rewarded for solid showings and retained despite not being the initially preferred option.

Martin has been very average also combined with well documented attitude issues.. Another demotion I can live with. Especially if it means Ogden retains a spot in the 17.

Dogs by 4
Not having a go at you mate but what is this with martins attitude issue? Only thing i know is he was a late scratching to one of the games last year and someone here said he missed or late to training.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man I agree, I’ve been a supporter of Pay I hate the negatives on here but Montoya ? Seriously ? **** is shit for every try he scored he leaks 3. Okunbor last week was terrible again, if he didn’t drop the ball twice then we would of won. Holland I agree with dropping but Martin? He’s our kicker and much better than sue, was watching nsw cup and can’t believe he was in first grade
I dont want Montoya either, but he wouldn’t be playing if CHN was available.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya??
He’s the answer??
See ya Pay, fuck off now. You’ve clearly no idea.
I want to have faith in him, but this is clueless.
While we are cutting staff and players, he’s gotta go, sorry.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened to Olive?
Montoya to the wing.
At least will have some speed out wide
They tried olive and montoya combo last year, vs titans. Proctor, brenko and co destroyed that left side

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ohhh...the old cliche

"Desperate times call for desperate measures"

If this eventuates we are more desperate than many think.....

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Rhyse Martin missed 4 tackles in 80min
Elliot missed 3 tackles in 40mins
CHN missed 8 tackles in 80mins

But yet Rhyse Martin is the one dropped for defensive issues (according to the article) ??

Something doesnt add up here .. if it was based on defensive issues CHN should be the first one dropped closely followed by Elliot.. or even Elliot dropped first because he only played 40mins and should of been fresher..
Making tackles isn’t the be-all and end-all of defense. Maybe his poor reads are forcing others to do extras ? Maybe he’s not making it to marker ? Maybe he’s giving up in the tackle ? Maybe he’s not chasing back on kicks ?
Or maybe it’s an excuse to save him embarrassment for other issues ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not having a go at you mate but what is this with martins attitude issue? Only thing i know is he was a late scratching to one of the games last year and someone here said he missed or late to training.
It's a myth that the Pay boys run with.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Final 17 im guessing. Obviously different numbers.

1. Meaney
2. Okunbor left edge
3. Montoya left edge
4. Hoppa right edge
5. Smith right edge
6. Foran left edge
7. Cogger right edge
8. Tolman
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. Elliott left edge
12. Jackson right edge
13. No fucking idea fauolo/smith//ogden/sue

14. Brown
15, 16, 17, smith/sue/faulolo/ogden
Reckon Elliot will play lock and known great defender Sue coming into the run on team over Smith knowing Pay. What a fucking mess. I am thinking this will be the lineup:

1. Nick Meaney
2. Jayden Okunbor
3. Marcelo Montoya
4. Will Hopoate
5. Reimis Smith
6. Jack Cogger
7. Kieran Foran
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Dylan Napa
11. Josh Jackson
12. Sauaso Sue
13. Adam Elliot

14. Fa'amanu Brown
15. Danny Fualalo
16. Ofahiki Ogden
17. Chris Smith

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Montoya carved in reserve grade against feeble opposition big fkn deal

When was the last time he performed well in FG? Ironically probably the corresponding match v Knights last year

Go Dogs

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What happened to Olive?
Montoya to the wing.
At least will have some speed out wide
John Olive has defensive issues and had been dropped to Cabramatta two blues in Ron Massey Cup..played there up to Round 7 but was not been named last week.....

This week there is a rep game in Canterbury Cup and he is not named there...

The NSWRL has also announced the Ron Massey Cup Representative team to face Newcastle Rebels at Maitland Sportsground on Saturday 11 May. The match will lead to a NSW Pioneers team being chosen to face the XXXX Queensland Rangers at Souths Logan Magpies on Sunday 30 June.

Canterbury Cup NSW Residents: Kieran Moss (North Sydney Bears), Christian Crichton (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Reubenn Rennie (Mounties), Morgan Harper (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Brian Too (Penrith Panthers), Connor Tracey (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Brock Lamb (North Sydney Bears), JJ Collins (Mounties), Billy Brittain (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Lloyd Perrett (Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles), Dean Britt (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Beau Fermor (Newcastle Knights), Josh Curran (North Sydney Bears), Keaon Koloamatangi (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Reece Robson (St George Illawarra Dragons), Renouf To’omaga (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Tom Amone (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Tyson Gamble (Western Suburbs Magpies), Matheson Johns (Penrith Panthers), Tony Satini (Mounties). Coach: Shane Millard.

Killer_Dogz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just got off the plane at Brisbane. Dogs were on the same flight. Martin and Holland travelled with the team. Did not see Foran but that might mean nothing (or I missed seeing him in the crowd).

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just got off the plane at Brisbane. Dogs were on the same flight. Martin and Holland travelled with the team. Did not see Foran but that might mean nothing (or I missed seeing him in the crowd).
His travelling first class :grinning:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
OK, im lost with this.

The big question is Pearce or Ponga to Captain my side SC now.. We might aswell play at the Gabba, should be a cricket score.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Montoya and Sue LMAO.

Pay is retarded with his selections.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm not saying this selection will pay off, but for all the people losing their shit at seeing Montoya on the team list, here are his stats for last weeks win in Canterbury cup playing at centre.
One try, two try assists, three line breaks, seven tackle breaks, and 173m. Not a bad game. He was also named in the team of the week.
Just saying.
Did you watch the opposition he was agaisnt though. That Blacktown team is ridiculously fat and slow. Even Made lichaa look like a world class hooker..

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Kennel last week screams for axing Holland and Lewis and now that Pay has done that they are asking why Montoya and Co are anywhere near first grade. :tearsofjoy:

Can only use 30 players boys and girls and we don’t have much quality in that group unfortunately