Pay axes 3 stars...

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree. Team sheet comes out Tuesday, everyone loses their shit, changes are announced Thursday, everyone loses their shit. What the fuck is he meant to do? If we have such a shit fg team, how is he meant to replace the players he drops with better players?? Some people is just fucking unrealistic!!

All things said though, I'm losing patience with pay myself.
It's the fact that he is dropping the wrong players and keeping faith with his favourites. He had to drop players no matter what. However, our depth is rubbish and he has to work with what he has. We needed outsides backs before the season started and he goes out and buy forwards.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of a sudden dogs fans are also obstetrician's ( that's a Dr that deliver babies btw) lol.

Ever thought that maybe Lewis' partner is in labour early or the baby has dilated sooner than expected?

Maybe that's Pays fault also according to some fans lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree. Team sheet comes out Tuesday, everyone loses their shit, changes are announced Thursday, everyone loses their shit. What the fuck is he meant to do? If we have such a shit fg team, how is he meant to replace the players he drops with better players?? Some people is just fucking unrealistic!!

All things said though, I'm losing patience with pay myself.
Obviously we don't have a great squad and I'm not against wholesale changes when things aren't working out.

The problem is Pay persists with some that are proven to not be up to FG standard and deserve to be dropped, promotes some players that shouldn't play FG again that have had unlimited chances and plays favourites...

Add to this the mind boggling combinations he throws out there and playing players out of position and you have a complete fiasco.

I don't know what more Pay can do to prove to people that he's in over his head and isn't the man for the job short term or long term.

Reaction score
okenbur and montoya in the same side, that's some scary shit.

up until right now i've never said anything negative about pay, but he's off his fucking head

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's the fact that he is dropping the wrong players and keeping faith with his favourites. He had to drop players no matter what. However, our depth is rubbish and he has to work with what he has. We needed outsides backs before the season started and he goes out and buy forwards.
What I find hilarious is that he bought CHN and originally planned to play him down the middle where we didn't need him, eventually moved him to an edge where he is best before finally moving him to centre. There's just fuck all thought put into what he does.

Most would have told you we needed a centre, so why not give CHN the pre season there instead of moving him there 2 months into a season? It's just absurd.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So true , why the fuck does he put Montoya in! Honestly the **** has had that mny chances to shine but leaks points , dropping Martin too? Atleast mRtin has ticker unlike sue. Only one I agree with is holland
Montoya has been playing well in reserves. I still don’t think he’s a first grader but we have fuck all else

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
resign Martin then drop him, now he wont want to resign after this mess.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I find hilarious is that he bought CHN and originally planned to play him down the middle where we didn't need him, eventually moved him to an edge where he is best before finally moving him to centre. There's just fuck all thought put into what he does.

Most would have told you we needed a centre, so why not give CHN the pre season there instead of moving him there 2 months into a season? It's just absurd.
He’s getting desperate.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who runs the bulldogs 4 life Facebook page?

What a complete that posting shit about the club and trying to promote unrest re weidler and his "pay lost locker" bullshit!!!

And people need to stop protecting Martin. He is a penalty magnet and is playing like utter shit. Cost us a few tries with his shit decisions too. I'm done with him.
Martin offers nothing. And cost us a chance at extra point with a choke against storm.

Dude had a strong game against cowboys but the whole pack looked amazing that game minus taumalolo. Never dominated a bigger pack so I agree waste of a spot at the moment.

More deserving players missing out like ogden and smith who haven’t cost us games.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm long over it. It's just another turd season ugh.

I'm not saying Monty is a good centre (he's horrible) but one thing I like is he runs holes nice and hard for the games I've seen him play at centre. Terrible at pretty much everything else but hits holes hard which I like.

Anyway my usual prediction is in order........Dogs by 20 lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yes and I have noticed he has cleaned that up in the last 2 games. But you raise a good point about centres rushing in blind and leaving him with no option to but cover the hole they left leaving his wing totally exposed. But he seems to be a slow motion thinker - I guess he will mentally develop for this game with more game time. A rough diamond right now.
No doubt, I agree in essence, but I think he is worth persisting with. All young players struggle defensively.
But okunbor has other issues too. Still this k he is worth persisting.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So when did the edict come out that Montoya must never play on the wing, and only play centre? He's not great defending in either position, but he's better than Whoopi cos he can catch high balls.

Holland in reggies, yay. But replacing him with Montoya is just stoopid.

And replacing Martin with Sue? This isn't a football decision, there's something else going on.

What odds Ramien gets a meat pie hat-trick?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats the issue

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not saying this selection will pay off, but for all the people losing their shit at seeing Montoya on the team list, here are his stats for last weeks win in Canterbury cup playing at centre.
One try, two try assists, three line breaks, seven tackle breaks, and 173m. Not a bad game. He was also named in the team of the week.
Just saying.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You are compartmentalising, over simplifying, team sport is never linear like you are claiming (2 does always have to come before 3 and after 1) . Using your example, CHN can play 3 positions very effectively, this was well known before he signed with us. So it's pretty naive to claim that he was bought just for one position, when the fact is he was bought for his full skill set. Utilising that full skill set is therefore totally logical. Just because he was played in 1 of the 3 positions first is totally irrelevant. For that reason a coach's thinking does not have to be linear, he can play any player, especially a multi skilled player, in a position that needs filling this game or even a few games. Then when the need arises play him in a different position, that's good use of players talents and therefore very good thinking.

I didn't attend many pre season training session but from what I saw if you think CHN didn't spend at least some time on the edge and at centre you are totally wrong.

Go Dogs

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have Dean Pay's kids stolen his computer and picked the team this week.

That's the only way I can explain Montoya seeing first grade again. Worst first grader in our history.

Surely Martin could fill in at centre. Whats wrong with blooding Harper? He has to be a better option than Montoya!

Newcastle will be sending all their attack down our left as we have two witch's hats defending.

Pay is an assistant coach. That's it. He needs a head coach to take over now.