Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can approach players and negotiate now but can't sign anything till November 1st. It was brought up on NRL360 the last couple of nights.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You can approach players and negotiate now but can't sign anything till November 1st. It was brought up on NRL360 the last couple of nights.
So what, do you really think anyone would sign for $1m a year if his agent (when he gets one) was approached by a 3rd party (not someone from the Bulldogs of course) offering $1.5m a season? For $2m extra over 4 years I'd be waiting until the "auction" is open for all bidders, not just one. If his agent isn't telling him that then he needs to get another agent (again).

Go Dogs

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
WOW 2.0 lol, I mean of corse we should chase him!!! Would wouldn’t?

BUT no chance he will come back to a club that completely turned a blind eye.. and now he is worth big bucks we can’t afford him !!!

sweet dreams are made of these.. AND..
Dreams are free, so go for gold people :laughing:
Apparently we have his brother ? Ive been told his not happy with roosters not looking after him. Funny how his brother was let go this year than all of a sudden everyone is talking about latrel now. Guess we will see what happens. Maybe we can give him belmore rsl club lol plus he can be at the same football club as his brother

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy is a huge talent. Powerful quick can kick goals. I don’t think we have the cap space or third party to get him across. Agree it will be roosters and Souths as main players.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently we have his brother ? Ive been told his not happy with roosters not looking after him. Funny how his brother was let go this year than all of a sudden everyone is talking about latrel now. Guess we will see what happens. Maybe we can give him belmore rsl club lol plus he can be at the same football club as his brother
Yea apparently we do. But the Latrell thing Won’t happen mate. I like your optimism though bully :grinning:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The guy is a huge talent. Powerful quick can kick goals. I don’t think we have the cap space or third party to get him across. Agree it will be roosters and Souths as main players.
Of course we have the cap space, we could scratch up close to $1m this year and then around $2m next year and over $4m in 2021. Fit him in easy, in fact both of them. Shaq this year and then Latrell next year, we are the family club after all.

Go Dogs

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll remain at the Rorters. I don't think Skeletor would put up with his crap.

Rorters will simply "employ" his family members as "ambassadors" at $300k each p.a., put another $500k into an "anonymous" shares portfolio, that will magically find its way to Latrell 12months after he retires, or any other number of rorts to get around the cap.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He'll remain at the Rorters. I don't think Skeletor would put up with his crap.
Rorters will simply "employ" his family members as "ambassadors" at $300k each p.a., put another $500k into an "anonymous" shares portfolio, that will magically find its way to Latrell 12months after he retires, or any other number of rorts to get around the cap.
If it's well known that one team offered, say, $1.5m a year and another, say, $1.25m a year and he signs with the Chooks for, say, $500k a year I think the salary cap auditor might just get seriously into checking all of the other possible rorts.
The trick is making it known how much you offered, either publicly or to the salary cap auditor, by a "whistle blower" if necessary.

The primary objective may well be to sign him, but there is almost as strong a secondary objective to push his price up for whoever ends up with him.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The trick in cheating the cap, is being smart about it.

John Smith sits on the board at Kanberra Koalas and owns John Smith Constructions.

Kanberra Koalas contract Jack Johnston and offers him $400k, but he's an in demand player. So they devise a plan.
John Smith employs Jack Johnston as a cleaner for $200k a year, and his partner as a receptionist for $150k a year.

Competing teams offer: $500k a season.
Kanberra Koalas offer: $400k + $200k + $150k = $750k a season.

John Smith does some work for Kanberra Koalas, and mysteriously the work happens to be $250k more than another business would charge.

John Smiths outlay is $100k.
Kanberra Koalas outlay is $400k in the cap.
EN-ARGH-EL confirm contract at $400k

Thats how all the smart teams get around the cap.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course we have the cap space, we could scratch up close to $1m this year and then around $2m next year and over $4m in 2021. Fit him in easy, in fact both of them. Shaq this year and then Latrell next year, we are the family club after all.

Go Dogs
Honestly I would want to see consistent seasons from him. Yes it will just drive up the price tag but he is now becoming a face of the game so media endorsements etc. He has a hot head also and has been in trouble off the field. So I wouldnt be prepared to throw over a million dollars a season. He wants to be closer to the action Id like to see him play 5/8 also I dont think any centre bar Inglis is worth $1 million. No one is bigger then the club remember that 'next big thing/centre' we had? Jamal was his name..... Look what happened to him!!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
with our current team and coach, it would be seriously hard to entice any top line player to the club, we dont need just 1 star we need a few top players to be considered a good chance of winning the premiership, and attracting top players

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, I highly rate him.

We need a big name signing

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The trick in cheating the cap, is being smart about it.

John Smith sits on the board at Kanberra Koalas and owns John Smith Constructions.

Kanberra Koalas contract Jack Johnston and offers him $400k, but he's an in demand player. So they devise a plan.
John Smith employs Jack Johnston as a cleaner for $200k a year, and his partner as a receptionist for $150k a year.

Competing teams offer: $500k a season.
Kanberra Koalas offer: $400k + $200k + $150k = $750k a season.

John Smith does some work for Kanberra Koalas, and mysteriously the work happens to be $250k more than another business would charge.

John Smiths outlay is $100k.
Kanberra Koalas outlay is $400k in the cap.
EN-ARGH-EL confirm contract at $400k

Thats how all the smart teams get around the cap.
Would fail, it would involve a TPA between the player (Jack Johnson) and an official of the club (John Smith). Hence does not qualify as a third party agreement.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
with our current team and coach, it would be seriously hard to entice any top line player to the club, we dont need just 1 star we need a few top players to be considered a good chance of winning the premiership, and attracting top players
We have to start with one, why not make it a big fish to draw the others.

Go Dogs

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wasn’t this good as a junior and lacked the work ethic. Knowing someone who played against him through mid late teens they said it was a million to one for him to get to the level he has gotten and hats of to him for getting there. He is a special footballer and every club rightfully so should throw the kitchen sink at him.

We are 16/1 to land him.
Really???? So tell me why despite him approaching the Dogs with the deal that his brother be signed as well (Cleal asleep at the wheel); the Storm, Rabbitohs Knights & Broncos all fell over themselves to sign him but the shrewd O’Sullivan agreed to sign his BIG brother Shaquai as well getting him to the Roosters.He was a standout at every age group but came with attitude.
That “someone” who played against him has a great eye for league talent.........

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Would fail, it would involve a TPA between the player (Jack Johnson) and an official of the club (John Smith). Hence does not qualify as a third party agreement.

Go Dogs
We aren't talking about legal and legitimate means to sign players here.

That's how clubs do it to skirt the cap and bump up players salaries on the sly.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What we should be doing is making sure we sign the NEXT player equivalent to Latrell Mitchell. He’s too expensive now and has no reason to come to us.