Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We need a 9. I mean who wouldn’t want LM? He’d set us back around a million a season but its a waste when we have an unsettled spine.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW 2.0 lol, I mean of corse we should chase him!!! Would wouldn’t?

BUT no chance he will come back to a club that completely turned a blind eye.. and now he is worth big bucks we can’t afford him !!!

sweet dreams are made of these.. AND..
Dreams are free, so go for gold people :laughing:
He wasn’t this good as a junior and lacked the work ethic. Knowing someone who played against him through mid late teens they said it was a million to one for him to get to the level he has gotten and hats of to him for getting there. He is a special footballer and every club rightfully so should throw the kitchen sink at him.

We are 16/1 to land him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every team will be chasing him. Only one is a chance to pry him away and we all know who it is.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He wont end up at Manly.. Noel Cleal still doesn't pickup the phone..

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The roosters have never lost a player they want to keep. Same as they always seem to be able to move on players they don't want anymore.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There sure are a lot of negative nellies around here.

Souths will have to pay Inglis for this year and next year, the NRL can’t afford the precedent of letting them off the hook and they have already set the precedent by refusing a number of other clubs/players in similar situations. Without shedding 2 very good quality players they can’t afford Mitchel under the cap (at least $1m a season) and if they do get him they can’t possibly hide enough outside the cap. Sure you can hide $100k even $200k, but $600k a year, I don’t think so, it would stick out like the proverbials.

Souths have had 3 coaches in the last 4 years and the current one could drop off the perch anytime, so I don’t believe who’s the coach will make one scrap of difference. No player knows for sure who the coach will be over the term of their contract, just like players, coaches get sacked, poached and just move around for all the same reasons.

We can easily afford to pay him $1m we have around that spare right now. Then we will have around $2m next year. Absolutely no problem offering him say $1.5m a year for 4 years. Of course he might take less to play elsewhere, but he isn’t going to take $500k less every year for 4 years.

The NRL anti poaching till November is a joke, too easy to get around. For a starter I would announce tomorrow that we have $1.5m a year to spend on a good centre, any good centre, no one in particular. Absolutely no names of course, let the media do the “approaching”, it would be the lead story in every NRL media. The stealth method, someone always knows someone, just pass the word around that we have $6m to spend over 4 years and let the network do the rest.

Either way Mitchel would be doing 20 interviews a day for months. Plus he doesn’t have an agent right now, so he will be taking pitches daily/hourly from probably every one of them. Which will, at the very least, distract him from how he plays this year. And push up his price for everyone else for 4 years. Or we land him.

There is no downside in any of the scenarios, other than if we do get him and he fails, then we are “Foran’d” again.

Go Dogs

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
All we would get chasing Latrell is sore feet

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheaper option is to pinch the NFL training things he has been doing privately outside of the Rorters training.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
arguably the best player in the game ATM,why the fuck would he come here?.........

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As if the best player in the game would come here so our coach can drop him to reserve grade and make him wait behind Holland and Elliot.
Fuck sake.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
arguably the best player in the game ATM,why the fuck would he come here?.........
Because we can offer him, say, $1.5m each year for 4 years. that's $6m. He won't ever have to work again because, as we do now, we will provide free financial advice and training on managing his financial affairs for the rest of his life. We will offer him the same as we do for every player, whatever tertiary education they want. We can offer him unlimited TPA's, and he will attract plenty. We can offer him and his family things such as $100k worth of new cars every year, which they can then turn into cash by selling them every year. Because we can offer him a say in who the next coach is, via a vote on the panel who determines that. Because we have a such a hugely profitable leagues club that there is no doubt he will paid in full and on time, every time.

He has already ticked the box of winning a premiership in a team of superstars, now it's time to prove how good he really is by winning a premiership in a team of non superstars. Issue a challenge, such as, the truly great players lift the team around them and you're not truly considered great until you do that.

Again, the objective is to get him to play with us, but if he doesn't at least we know that we pushed his price up for whoever he does choose which lessons their power to compete with us for other players.

Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
1.5 mil on a centre.. now ive heard it all...

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
is this even a chat? there is more chance i will have a threesome with blake lively and jessica alba this weekend...

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
btw, i would pay anything to get him, but i would also pay anything for that threesome, but it still aint gonna happen

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Use him as a decoy to throw off the scent but chase Manu instead

or to get Keary.

Roosters does not have one million dollar player but several million dollar players in their roster that we can chase.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
1.5 mil on a centre.. now ive heard it all...
It's just a number, maybe lower, maybe higher, just whatever is needed to achieve the purpose (either of the purposes).

The way I see it that we need a magnet, someone to attract other players to want to come and play with us. To show that we might be down right now but we are willing to do whatever it takes to get back to where we belong. So by paying one "overs" we might get some that will play for "unders". Right now there probably isn't a bigger magnet than Mitchell.

On value for money, if Newcastle are paying $1m for Klemmer, how much is Mitchell worth? Is $1.5m too much for a fullback, because I suspect that's where he may well end up.

Go Dogs