Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hey I know this is really wishful thinking here, but does anyone think it would be far better to let foran play out his contract which is end of next year, knowing the salary cap should rise for next years season and then again the following as well, and make a serious play for Latrell Mitchell, he can play anywhere on the field, apparently he really wants to play fullback and Tedesco has said his not going anywhere and wants to finish his career at the roosters. Obviously we could look at a few other good buys that are available to strengthen the side, I'm thinking something like Latrell at 6/Lewis at 7 Cogger at 9. We could always move Mitchell to fullback as well like he wants to, but as I said he could play anywhere. I think if we managed to get Mitchell would be a huge signing for us and strengthen the team immensely.
foran will play out his contract, i think we should of learned our lesson assuming the salary cap will rise, we need to strengthen a few positions and we'd need to blow 1.5m on mitchell and cogger isn't a 9.

pijk

Waterboy
Reaction score
foran will play out his contract, i think we should of learned our lesson assuming the salary cap will rise, we need to strengthen a few positions and we'd need to blow 1.5m on mitchell and cogger isn't a 9.
I know cogger is not a 9 atm, was just a thought we would have the cash to throw at him, and Latrell would seriously be a great buy for us

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe Hazem El Masri will be loyal and come out of retirement for us he will be perfect for us

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And we ant getting Latrell there’s no way he’s Coming but Tupou or manu would be nice

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe with the roosters wanting Lichaa we could trade him for manu or tupou affective immediately

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we should recruit Billy Slater.. as an assistant coach for our outside backs. I really think someone like Slater could bring the best out of meany which will help our attack immensely. We obviously need to buy some quality players but we also need the right people helping with the development of the ones we already have.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think we should recruit Billy Slater.. as an assistant coach for our outside backs. I really think someone like Slater could bring the best out of meany which will help our attack immensely. We obviously need to buy some quality players but we also need the right people helping with the development of the ones we already have.
He's working in Melb with AFL teams.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would love this team moving forward from 2020
1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Ramien
4. Scott
5 tupou
6. Foran
7. Cogger
8. Napa
9. J brailey
10. Ogden
11. Martin
12. Chn
13. JJ

14. Toomaga
15. Tolman
16. Rfm
17. Lewis

Coach Griffin, Henry or anyone other than current coach really

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are reports he's unhappy about his current deal with the Roosters. He's reportedly on around 450K this year and will be on 550K next year. Souths are the most likely they say as they are cashed up due to Inglis retiring. There was talk from our club recently about wanting to sign a marquee player when we are free of our cap issues in 2021. If Mitchell keeps playing the way he is at the moment we should outbid Souths and the Roosters. Even if we miss out if we can make whoever gets him spend an extra few hundred grand then that's good for us too. I know many will say Uncle Nick will never let him go and he'll receive bags full of money on the side but it may just be possible they can't keep everybody if Mitchell is offered a deal elsewhere the Roosters simply can't match. I know some will say we need to focus more on a decent a half to replace Foran. We should still have enough to buy a decent half plus Mitchell may become a decent number 6 in future also. We could also keep Foran maybe at half what we're paying him now. No-one's gonna offer him anywhere near the money he's on now when he's next up for contract.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
By 2021 Cronk will be retired, I suspect a few other guys like Hargreaves, Morris, Ryan Hall, Jake Friend, Aubusson, etc will be moved on and they'll build the team around Latrell, Cordner, Keary and Teddy. Say what you want about the roosters but they've clearly got a winning culture, great coach, and powerful owner. I honestly don't see how we can compete with that in the short term

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Offer him 1.5m... he's worth 15% of the cap... no way Roosters could match legitimately while retaining Manu and Radley.. we have to get at least one of these 3

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If you think Mitchell is on $450k, I have a money tree in the backyard and a unicorn I can sell you.

$450k officially, but he probably works two jobs, and his cleaning job pays hansomely.

Besides he's not leaving the Roosters. The only people not getting that through their head are the media.

He's after a hefty contract extension (timely given his form), and only Roosters can approach him until Nov.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Besides he's made it clear that he has it in for the dogs and knights for overlooking him as a junior. He'll never consider us imo

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you think Mitchell is on $450k, I have a money tree in the backyard and a unicorn I can sell you.

$450k officially, but he probably works two jobs, and his cleaning job pays hansomely.

Besides he's not leaving the Roosters. The only people not getting that through their head are the media.

He's after a hefty contract extension (timely given his form), and only Roosters can approach him until Nov.
Can I have last bid on the Unicorn??????

Pretty please??????

With sugar on top????????

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He is awesome but we have bigger issues IMO. A centre isn't what we should be spending a massive percentage of our cap on.

I would much rather we nab a world class 9, and then a world class half and fk Foran off.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

When he signed that deal he was probably only worth around that

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
WOW 2.0 lol, I mean of corse we should chase him!!! Would wouldn’t?

BUT no chance he will come back to a club that completely turned a blind eye.. and now he is worth big bucks we can’t afford him !!!

sweet dreams are made of these.. AND..
Dreams are free, so go for gold people :laughing: