Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Canterbury prepare heist of gun young trio from NRL rivals (Scott, Ramien, Isaako)

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If true... who the frig is leaking information from the club to the media!!!
Or are player managers just using our club for leverage of contract extensions?
OR is our club floating these ideas to the media to light a firecracker under our current backlines arse.

Scott - might just want a change of scenery if it's true regarding his partner. Get out of dreary Melbourne and back to Sydney.
Isaako - would be a gun purchase.
Ramien - haven't really noticed him stand out to be honest.

Whare would be a gun pickup.

James Roberts is on the market too. Wants out of Broncos, but Souths have already stated they aren't interested.

I expect this to be a real silly season of signings.
Probably leaked by one of the blokes sacked last week.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Isaako
3. Ramien
4. Scott
5. Smith
Certainly better than what we have... however I would like a bigger winger than Isaako... and I Cotric would break mi heart, happy to wait for that boy

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn’t really see the buzz around Curtis Scott?

I’ve been underwhelmed when I’ve seen him play...
Holland did make him look shit when we played Storm so yeah

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury prepare heist of gun young trio from NRL rivals

It could be the great Belmore heist.

Desperate for outside backs, Canterbury have identified Brisbane winger Jamayne Isaako, Newcastle centre Jesse Ramien and Storm three-quarter Curtis Scott as potential targets to bolster their backline.

The Daily Telegraph understands the Bulldogs may want to sign Scott for the remainder of this year.

Isaako isn’t off contract at Brisbane until after 2022 and Ramien is a Knight until the end of next season.

But contracts appear virtually worthless these days in rugby league and Ramien has privately expressed a concern at receiving such little possession this season.

No formal discussions have started, but all three players are firmly on the Bulldogs’ radar.

It is unclear whether Canterbury would target one, two or all three of the players.

The Bulldogs are aware the club needs to increase its strike power out wide. Isaako, Ramien and Scott have all been touted as rising stars of the NRL.

Scott is the most interesting situation. It was just a year ago he was being heavily discussed as a centre candidate for the NSW State of Origin squad.

But seemingly out-of-favour with Storm coach Craig Bellamy this season, Scott has been playing with Melbourne’s feeder club, Sunshine Coast, for the past two weeks.

Rival clubs have quickly identified Scott — a former Cronulla Shark — as a possible target.

Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill did not return calls on Wednesday to The Daily Telegraph.

There is growing speculation Melbourne would be open for Scott — part of the Storm’s 2017 premiership-winning side - to test the market. Even with recent injuries, Bellamy has resisted promoting Scott into his NRL side.

Will Chambers and Marion Seve have been retained in the centres for Melbourne’s match against Parramatta in Brisbane on Saturday night.

Scott played in Sunshine Coast’s whopping 72-4 win over Souths Logan last weekend but failed to register a try.

Sources close to Melbourne claim Scott has endured some recent disciplinary issues.

Melbourne has not totally given up on Scott. There are elements within the club that believe they can turn Scott’s form around and that he can still play a role in Melbourne’s campaign this season.

That’s just rumours, mate. From what I know, I’m close with Curtis, he’s quite happy here,” said Storm co-skipper Jesse Bromwich said. “He’s been training really well; he’s just been competing. That’s the best thing about Curtis, in my opinion.

“The way he competes at training and competes in the games is what makes him the player he is.”

“I know for a fact we want to have him around here. I know he’s doing all right. He took having a rest quite harshly but that’s just him, mate.

“He’s a competitor and he wants to be out there (in the NRL) competing.”

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So in other words it’s all a load of shit and a story made up for no bloody reason.... who the hell writes these articles lol

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Ramien rumour is just another example of lazy journalism. 'The mole' made up some rumour about Ramien wanting out which had no sources or credibility, Ramien and the Knights came out and said they were actually in negotiations to extend his contract beyond 2020 and Ramien revealed that one of the main reasons he signed for the Knights was because his ex partner lives on the upper central coast with his daughter and he wanted to be closer to his daughter and that was a priority for him. Ritchie has then recycled that rumour and added some other ingredients.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is the info we wanna hear!!
There is no info here. The entire story legit says we might possibly chase Isaako, Scott and Ramien. We might chase 1, 2 or all 3 of them.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the outer : james Roberts, Curtis Scott.
All of a sudden 2 centres have become available you would think.
2 weeks ago there was nothing out there.
What are we waiting for....for these 2 to be given a queens medal for achievements in the community. We are a football team ..sign them up
They made this into an article now the DT?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roberts if he's going anywhere it's Souths (and with that - ending any speculation of Latrell > Souths).
Scott will probably end up replacing Roberts.

We don't have the pulling power or attraction that other clubs have when signing players... simple as that.
Mate there was plenty of pulling power at our mad Monday celebrations.........

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look the thing is Bellamy will need to watch how he goes about this. Addo Carr is one of Curtis’s best mates an Curtic Brodie Croft, Brandon Smith, Joe Stimson all live together. Munster an Welch are also best mates with Curtis. He better be wise the way he goes above it
Bring all six of them.
We can house them in belmore.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin hasn’t made a decision on his future yet. I know somebody close to his gf and his preference is to stay in Sydney
My dad reckons he’s all but agreed , he wanted to move home plus got offered better money more than what we offered, it makes sense as pay didn’t play him first few games

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Some players don't take well to their coach running every single facet of their lives (including what times to wake up, and what to eat). Not suprised a few have told him to fuck off and give them some privacy.

That said these days you have more chance winning Powerball than Mole being right.
Flanagan and Robinson are known sticklers with free passes into players’ private lives. So its not really uncommon.

I’d take Scott and Ramien in a heart beat.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a bullshit article. He just listed potentially available players and linked them with our club because we have some room under the cap and desperately need talent out wide.

I wouldn't be surprised if none of these players are actually being looked at by the club.

Isaako is ordinary, Ramien probably won't be released while Scott could be available but plenty of other clubs will be after him. Typical Telegraph fabrication.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more we free up in our cap the more of these stories we’ll see. We have been linked to every off contract player in the past. Only since the club has come out and said we don’t have money the articles have stopped. Would be great for the club to occasionally come forward and say nah we’re not interested in that player it’s a made up story.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I would hope that our club looks at every player that's available to assess their worth................would be a nice morale booster if we could nab someone good.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Flanagan and Robinson are known sticklers with free passes into players’ private lives. So its not really uncommon.

I’d take Scott and Ramien in a heart beat.
How awkward would that be .. "excuse me coach, may I please have intercourse with my partner tonight.. or is it too close to game day?!?!"