Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Canterbury prepare heist of gun young trio from NRL rivals (Scott, Ramien, Isaako)

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
what does everyone think worth the punt? Better than what we have I believe.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph

It could be the great Belmore heist.

Desperate for outside backs, Canterbury have identified Brisbane winger Jamayne Isaako, Newcastle centre Jesse Ramien and Storm three-quarter Curtis Scott as potential targets to bolster their backline.

The Daily Telegraph understands the Bulldogs may want to sign Scott for the remainder of this year.

Isaako isn’t off contract at Brisbane until after 2022 and Ramien is a Knight until the end of next season.

But contracts appear virtually worthless these days in rugby league and Ramien has privately expressed a concern at receiving such little possession this season.

No formal discussions have started, but all three players are firmly on the Bulldogs’ radar.

It is unclear whether Canterbury would target one, two or all three of the players.

The Bulldogs are aware the club needs to increase its strike power out wide. Isaako, Ramien and Scott have all been touted as rising stars of the NRL.

Scott is the most interesting situation. It was just a year ago he was being heavily discussed as a centre candidate for the NSW State of Origin squad.

But seemingly out-of-favour with Storm coach Craig Bellamy this season, Scott has been playing with Melbourne’s feeder club, Sunshine Coast, for the past two weeks.

Rival clubs have quickly identified Scott — a former Cronulla Shark — as a possible target.

Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill did not return calls on Wednesday to The Daily Telegraph.

There is growing speculation Melbourne would be open for Scott — part of the Storm’s 2017 premiership-winning side - to test the market. Even with recent injuries, Bellamy has resisted promoting Scott into his NRL side.

Will Chambers and Marion Seve have been retained in the centres for Melbourne’s match against Parramatta in Brisbane on Saturday night.

Scott played in Sunshine Coast’s whopping 72-4 win over Souths Logan last weekend but failed to register a try.

Sources close to Melbourne claim Scott has endured some recent disciplinary issues.

Melbourne has not totally given up on Scott. There are elements within the club that believe they can turn Scott’s form around and that he can still play a role in Melbourne’s campaign this season.

“That’s just rumours, mate. From what I know, I’m close with Curtis, he’s quite happy here,” said Storm co-skipper Jesse Bromwich said. “He’s been training really well; he’s just been competing. That’s the best thing about Curtis, in my opinion.

“The way he competes at training and competes in the games is what makes him the player he is.”

“I know for a fact we want to have him around here. I know he’s doing all right. He took having a rest quite harshly but that’s just him, mate.

“He’s a competitor and he wants to be out there (in the NRL) competing.”

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Won’t get excited till I see some signatures ! Their names on a whiteboard as targets doesn’t really do much at the minute.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Can't wait to be disappointed again.. oh and hi Dean Ritchie probably should include the kennel as your source because you have no facts at all in the article

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d take all three for sure. Hope is the only thing I can cling onto at the moment tbh

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mouth watering to think of those three in our backline but only a thought bubble from a gossip columnist.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isaako is a bit of a meh player for mine. Bad hands and not very big. I haven’t seen him play centre and I’d rather Meaney at fullback while Reimis has a mortgage on one wing spot.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Two out of three ain’t bad but isaako is really inconsistent. Maybe the club are looking at him because of goal kicking and Martin might be moving on.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, is that what they call in the trade a "scoop" cant believe these peanuts get paid.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two out of three ain’t bad but isaako is really inconsistent. Maybe the club are looking at him because of goal kicking and Martin might be moving on.
My dad is adamant that Martin is gone to cowboys next year

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
what a nothing story ... i feel like theyve written that article based from the Rumour threads in the Kennel ..

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would rather scott or ramien over roberts for sure, probably sign someone like Aaron gray or moga, because we cant attract the elite ones.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typical DT article. Who's on the outer at a few clubs and who needs said positions?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d take Roberts not Isaako

All of a sudden we have a war chest to buy players

Make up your mind media bs

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don't have a war chest until 2021. 2019 & 20 will be opportunistic buys. I would love to see us get the junior production line that we had humming before Cleal & Des arrived.