News The million-dollar kick is yours for the taking.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/04/15/the-million-dollar-kick-is-yours-for-the-taking/

Mon 15 Apr 2019, 06:01 PM

The NRL is on the look-out for 16 super fans to take part in the official launch of Magic Round, where they will get the chance to kick for a million dollars.

As part of Youi's Million Dollar Kick, the NRL will select one fan from each club to represent their team and take a shot at the "Magic Target" themselves or get their club ambassador (either a current player or club legend) to take the kick on their behalf.

For chance take part in the fan event on May 8, participants are required to have an NRL account, complete the entry form and let us know in 25 words or less, what is your favourite Magic Moment.

The NRL will provide flights and transport to Brisbane for the 16 fans selected, along with tickets to Thursday night's clash between the Titans and the Sharks.

Participants will be kicking a regular Steeden football from a 2m raised platform from a 30m distance in their attempt to land it in the Magic target located on the other side of a set of full-size goal posts – the ball must stay in the vessel to claim the $1 million-dollar prize.

Click here to enter into the Youi Million Dollar Kick.

Fuck yeah a Doggies fan will be winning a million.

If they don't kick themselves: Either get Halligan, El Masri, Martin or Holland to do the kicking for you.

Easy million dollars right there.

Cosmo Kramer

Waterboy
Reaction score
I used to go to the park a few times a week back in the day with my Dad, just spending an hour kicking dozens conversions off my blue El Magic kicking tee.

30m into a target sounds easy enough.

Interesting!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Step on up Haz, come back and take another kick :grinning: !!

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a Bulldogs supporter wins it, the NRL will probably add it towards our cap as money spent! :sweatsmile::sweatsmile:

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
So you have to kick a footy from 30M away and land it in a vessel so it stays in there and doesn't bounce out. This will be the 'vessel'...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hold on... why on a 2 metre platform? Won't that kind of be unstable or shake as the fan runs to kick the ball? It'd be much easier on the ground.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd trust Halligan to take the kick.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can we phone a friend like El Magic to take it for us..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So you have to kick a footy from 30M away and land it in a vessel so it stays in there and doesn't bounce out. This will be the 'vessel'...

Exactly :D ... seems good on face value but if they are allowing club sharp shooters (current day and past) to take the shot, you can guarantee it'll be next to impossible.

Comp seems almost as "conditional" as their insurance.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

No! that is to big for a million Bucks we are talking NRL here, This will be the Vessel

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might have to pretend I’m a rooster supporter and get Cronk to kick it our options are ordinary and I’m ordinary at kicking a ball these days

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A mate of mine was one of the finalists, representing the Tigpies. I knew it was on today, but only discovered later it was walking distance from my office. Wish i had gone to take a look. I don't think anyone won it though.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was impossible to get the million you had to kick the ball 45meters over a set of posts and get it in a basketball hoop behind the posts.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hold on... why on a 2 metre platform? Won't that kind of be unstable or shake as the fan runs to kick the ball? It'd be much easier on the ground.
Its a carnival gimmick. I would be very very surprised if anyone kicks it as the 2m high platform will put the aim way off.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should make it more crowd yobbo friendly. Barefoot from the sideline and preferably drunk.