Official Round 9 - Dogs vs Knights - Consolidated Match Thread

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I get the feeling Pay wants to rotate the bench forwards through reserve grade to keep them match fit or something.

I don't agree with the idea if that's what he is up to, in particular Ogden has been great for us and should be playing. There is no valid reason to drop him.
I dont buy this. He brought napa straight back into the starting line up when ofa was fine the week before.

And it was so bloody clear that napa wasnt ready.

But also during the game he hardly gave ofa much time on the field, his interchange tactics were completely shit

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wait until the final list is published...

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a baffling selection. There has to be more to it, Ogden's been one of our best forwards since Napa got injured. Great impact, strong in defence, some good shots and a bit of mongrel.
Looking at the Knights pack they're a big mobile pack and Ogden's size and intimidation would be ideal to combat that.
It's either disciplinary or he's carrying some injuries, otherwise Pay has made one of the worst decisions of his short coaching career.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But that bench is just wrong

14. Brown - we all know he’s getting the last 9 minutes so why bother, he’s only going to come on and try something to impress and invariably fk it up
15. Fualolo - Yes
16. - Elliott is only going to add value if we are winning and carrying momentum but if we are like last week and he comes on ie under the pump then he’s adding nothing
17. Sue - for Ogden really?

Just run 4 forwards and drop Brown

Knights pack will be laughing

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tell me about it Nab. Freakin Kompany with that screamer this morning. We got no luck lol
It sucked all the energy out of me, not even interested in our game against Barca ATM. Just want the season to end so I can have a break haha.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This guy isn't a coaches arsehole.

Deano isn't taking us anywhere, not with this squad or a good squad. He's just CLUELESS.

Dropped for Sue? Lmao.
That’s why I acknowledge he’s inherited an average squad but the the team selections and pathetic game plans are all on his head.

Anyone with half a coaches brain could perform better with our squad and that’s why rumours have surfaced of troubles at belmore and his pathetic communication and people skills.

He is and will always only be an assistant coach at best

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont buy this. He brought napa straight back into the starting line up when ofa was fine the week before.

And it was so bloody clear that napa wasnt ready.

But also during the game he hardly gave ofa much time on the field, his interchange tactics were completely shit
That's a good point I guess he wanted Napa out there that bad even if he wasn't 100%. Ogden should have started last week for sure. He is no3 prop right now and deserves his spot on the bench.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Read on twitter that CHN is moving to centre with Holland to the bench and Lewis out for Foran. Guess Elliott moves into the starting side and then Ogden comes back onto the bench. Pay really needs to fuck off, how about you actually coach instead of shuffling the team every second week like a dumb ****.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a lot of respect and was Willing to give pat the benefit of the doubt, but this !!! Surely a gee up!!
Who is the pat you speak of lol. I prefer pat over pay right now.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Kennel when Tuesday Team List arrives and Ogden is lower on list "ARGHHH RAR FFS FUCK YOUUU PAY!!!!!! Ogden dropped ^@#&%^$!@!!!!
Kennel when Montoya and Smith drop off "STILL Nooooo OGGGGDENNNNNNNNNNNNN FFS ARGHHH @#*&^#@(*^#(*&@^*!!!!
Kennel 24 hrs before game with Sue drops to 19th man, Ogden is named, Foran is named, and Lewis drops to bench in place of Brown "Ohhhh Dean you crafty bastard".
Kennel shortly before game "Fuck yeah were gonna smash Knoughts *****!!"
Kennel when Dogs go 12-0 up in game "Woohooo Eat penis Klemmer!!"
Kennel when refs get game 12-12 "Fuckn cheating scum cuntbags!!!"
Kennel when we loose "SACK PAY....USELESS ***** &&^&*^*&@(^*&^*^*&^!!! MAKE CHANGES NOW!!!!!!!!!!"

Rinse and repeat.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kennel when Tuesday Team List arrives and Ogden is lower on list "ARGHHH RAR FFS FUCK YOUUU PAY!!!!!! Ogden dropped ^@#&%^$!@!!!!
Kennel when Montoya and Smith drop off "STILL Nooooo OGGGGDENNNNNNNNNNNNN FFS ARGHHH @#*&^#@(*^#(*&@^*!!!!
Kennel 24 hrs before game with Sue drops to 19th man, Ogden is named, Foran is named, and Lewis drops to bench in place of Brown "Ohhhh Dean you crafty bastard".
Kennel shortly before game "Fuck yeah were gonna smash Knoughts *****!!"
Kennel when Dogs go 12-0 up in game "Woohooo Eat penis Klemmer!!"
Kennel when refs get game 12-12 "Fuckn cheating scum cuntbags!!!"
Kennel when we loose "SACK PAY....USELESS ***** &&^&*^*&@(^*&^*^*&^!!! MAKE CHANGES NOW!!!!!!!!!!"

Rinse and repeat.
No, I am consistent in my dislike of Pay as coach and blaming him for global warming.

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I get the feeling Pay wants to rotate the bench forwards through reserve grade to keep them match fit or something.

I don't agree with the idea if that's what he is up to, in particular Ogden has been great for us and should be playing. There is no valid reason to drop him.
Sure rotate if your the Roosters or souths and you have unlimited quality forwards but We can't afford that.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure rotate if your the Roosters or souths and you have unlimited quality forwards but We can't afford that.
Fualalo, Ogden, C.Smith, Sue have all spent time in both grades. Just saying.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get the positive Cowboys game attitude happening, we defended brilliantly, wanna see them win this one.
Weve had a hard run and should be battle hardened, don't get sad, get mad.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Read on twitter that CHN is moving to centre with Holland to the bench and Lewis out for Foran. Guess Elliott moves into the starting side and then Ogden comes back onto the bench. Pay really needs to fuck off, how about you actually coach instead of shuffling the team every second week like a dumb ****.
I dont get the CHN move at all... he's our best edge back-rower leave him there... so simple just have Hoppa and Holland switch edges and be done with it. wonder if holland will get 9 minutes off the bench XD standard game plan... fucking sad state of affairs.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s just taking the piss now