2019 off contract players

pijk

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hey I know this is really wishful thinking here, but does anyone think it would be far better to let foran play out his contract which is end of next year, knowing the salary cap should rise for next years season and then again the following as well, and make a serious play for Latrell Mitchell, he can play anywhere on the field, apparently he really wants to play fullback and Tedesco has said his not going anywhere and wants to finish his career at the roosters. Obviously we could look at a few other good buys that are available to strengthen the side, I'm thinking something like Latrell at 6/Lewis at 7 Cogger at 9. We could always move Mitchell to fullback as well like he wants to, but as I said he could play anywhere. I think if we managed to get Mitchell would be a huge signing for us and strengthen the team immensely.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we need to go all out for an experienced 9 to direct our attack and control the ruck. A rookie is not going to cut it no matter how talented he is. We need players with first grade experience more than ever. Look to a player with 50 first grade games.

Then we need to pick up a weapon centre which should be a straight swap for Hoppa. We have some talent coming through the grades in the backs (first time in like 10 years) but we still need a reliable strike centre to teach the kids the ropes. Again 30 or so games of first grade experience at a minimum.

Then we should move Plodman on for a 120kg strong forward of islander appearance.

By this stage we’ll know whether our halves can cut it in the big time: Cogger, Lewis and Wakeham.

Forget about marquee signings like Latrell Mitchell etc. Put those ideas in the bin. It’s not going to happen.

We will probably be glued to the bottom of the ladder for some time.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
does anyone think it would be far better to let foran play out his contract which is end of next year, knowing the salary cap should rise for next years season and then again the following as well, and make a serious play for Latrell Mitchell,
Latrell won't be unsigned next year. Nov 2019 other clubs can start talking to him officially. By then Roosters will have him signed up until 2023/2024 on $1.5 million a season package.

They'll just toss him and every family member brand new Jaguars, and cleaning jobs paying $100k+ each.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Us trying to outbid the Roosters and recruit the best talent in the game to a cellar dweller club is like a hobo trying to outbid Rupert Murdoch at an auction.

I'd love to see it happen, but I don't like our chances against the Roosters and Souths who have unlimited funds under a supposed "salary cap".

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would look at keeping Katoa, Harper & Martin (pending on price) out of that list.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we should give Harper a go soon an see how he is in FG, and then decide based on a few performances weather or not to keep him.. you never know ,he may be a diamond in the rough , latrell proved himself elsewhere, why not give this kid a try at least! Before ditching lol..!!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember reading or hearing we had about 2 mil for next season and 8 players that need to be signed.
With that in mind, from the off contract list I think we should keep;
Harper 2 years 130k per season
Katoa 2 years 105k
Fualalo 2 years 175k
Martin 3 years 225k (although he's reportedly asking for 350k per year, put some rep footy bonuses in etc)
That would leave 1.36 mil to sign 4 players. Grab another on minimum wage for development and depth, plus 3 established players or up and comers at hooker, centre and prop where you can spend 420k on average.
Minimum wage player - Greg Leleisiuao, Jesse Arthars,
Hooker - Manase Fainu, Mitch Rein, Harry Grant
Prop - George Burgess, Daniel Alvaro, Agnatius Paasi, Christian Welch
Centre - Solomone Kata, Enari Tuala, Philip Sami, Sosaia Feki
Then come 2021, we can look at getting in the marquee type players.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
All these people praying for Latrell Mitchel to sign, it won't happen!

Why would he sign for the club which rejected him when every other club would want him?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Why would he sign for the club which rejected him when every other club would want him?
Obviously lol.!!!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand the support for Kotoni Staggs. I think he's average at best.
He battles to get a start at the Broncos, and that's saying something.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There seems to be conflicting reports whether Fainu is off contract or not. I thought he was locked up? Api will be allowed to leave so either way Fainu will be their priority moving forward.

It's a shame because after what Des did to us with Cook he shouldn't be allowed to have the best young attacking hooker in the comp. He should be forced to have Lichaa for the next five seasons.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Beceause he knows the pie eater who rejected him is no longer at the club anymore

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember reading or hearing we had about 2 mil for next season and 8 players that need to be signed.
With that in mind, from the off contract list I think we should keep;
Harper 2 years 130k per season
Katoa 2 years 105k
Fualalo 2 years 175k
Martin 3 years 225k (although he's reportedly asking for 350k per year, put some rep footy bonuses in etc)
That would leave 1.36 mil to sign 4 players. Grab another on minimum wage for development and depth, plus 3 established players or up and comers at hooker, centre and prop where you can spend 420k on average.
Minimum wage player - Greg Leleisiuao, Jesse Arthars,
Hooker - Manase Fainu, Mitch Rein, Harry Grant
Prop - George Burgess, Daniel Alvaro, Agnatius Paasi, Christian Welch
Centre - Solomone Kata, Enari Tuala, Philip Sami, Sosaia Feki
Then come 2021, we can look at getting in the marquee type players.
Fact is...We are after 3 players, A prop, A center and A hooker each of the same value as Napa is !
You work your math !
Rumored possibilities pending on releases are
Hooker...Smith
Center...Ramein and know possibly Scott
Prop...Welsh or Thompson.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Beceause he knows the pie eater who rejected him is no longer at the club anymore
And I am telling you...Any thing is possible
We can pay him fullbacks money to play fullback...Wouldn't you do that ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fact is...We are after 3 players, A prop, A center and A hooker each of the same value as Napa is !
You work your math !
Hooker...Smith
centre - nikora, hooker - j. brailey, prop - ofahengaue/flegler

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You work your math !
Hooker...Smith
I pray this is true