Realistic centre signings

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many on TK believe that we need another prop off the bench and Fualalo is off contract this year.

Go DOgs
Again...a bench prop is the last position to fill...we literally have 4-5 other areas before we need to look at a bench prop!

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tell you why we are desperate for a big prop
1. we have very average halves and hooker
2. we lack speed and bulldozing power
We struggle coming out of our 20m or attacking inside the opposition 20m
Fix number 1 first- halves and the hooker. Fix that first, then fix the centres...and then we can fix the props, but only after we've done the ones previously.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Again...a bench prop is the last position to fill...we literally have 4-5 other areas before we need to look at a bench prop!
If there is no one decent available for the other areas and a gun prop pops up for bargain price we should grab them. Take the opportunities as they present themselves.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Fix number 1 first- halves and the hooker. Fix that first, then fix the centres...and then we can fix the props, but only after we've done the ones previously.
Between the 3, Foran, Cogger and Lewis, I wouldn't put halves that high on the list. I'd rank Hooker way above that and then a left centre.

Go Dogs

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Between the 3, Foran, Cogger and Lewis, I wouldn't put halves that high on the list. I'd rank Hooker way above that and then a left centre.

Go Dogs
If we are honest are any of those halves in the elite bracket? Lewis in time might but I’m far from convinced. You always look out for halves. They win premierships.

Hooker is the number 1 area by the length of the Flemington straight. JMK is okay but he’s only looking great because Lichaa is dreadful.

Centres are the other one. Our centres are poor at absolute best.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is no one decent available for the other areas and a gun prop pops up for bargain price we should grab them. Take the opportunities as they present themselves.

Go Dogs
I’d still go and get a centre or an outside back with that money. We don’t need props! We had too many last year, we still have too many in my book.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d still go and get a centre or an outside back with that money. We don’t need props! We had too many last year, we still have too many in my book.
I think we have too many 2nd rowers/locks, but not too many props especially quality props. Any team really needs 4, and we have 3.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's contracted to the Tigers till 2022.

Go Dogs
Speaking of Tigers contracts I'm glad we aren't in their position having Mbye, Reynolds, Packer and Matalino on big dollar contracts from multiple years!

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we have too many 2nd rowers/locks, but not too many props especially quality props. Any team really needs 4, and we have 3.

Go Dogs
The game is moving to more mobile props and less out and out props. We need mobility in the forwards.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The game is moving to more mobile props and less out and out props. We need mobility in the forwards.
And yet 2 of the least "mobile" props in the NRL manhandled us, Taupau and Fonua-Blake simply out muscled Toleman and Napa. It wasn't until they were of the field that Ogden started to have some impact.

Go Dogs

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly we should go get JMoz back on the cheap and get rid of Holland.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yet 2 of the least "mobile" props in the NRL manhandled us, Taupau and Fonua-Blake simply out muscled Toleman and Napa. It wasn't until they were of the field that Ogden started to have some impact.

Go Dogs
Napa is fine. We don’t need another prop. The move towards less and less interchanges will mean more focus on mobility rather than out and out power props.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
A guy tip me off 3 weeks ago that there was 3 sackings at the club that just occurred, he said mid season signings and more shake up to come
Hopefully they are quality and not money wasting... all for 1 year deals if they are 50-50

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many on TK believe that we need another prop off the bench and Fualalo is off contract this year.

Go DOgs
On a side note....the smh is reporting " 2 decades on and the knights finally find their chief" I am sure they are referring to MRS Klemmer right ? Lol

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only this club would go after a prop! It's the last position we need, and I mean last!

That isn’t true
We still get dominated up front..
I think those 3 positions are spot on

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know one of the knights recruitment dudes bud
Remember though they weren’t allowed to approach him so im sure thats the line they had to spin but its funny that a few of their signings got out of contracts to join them