News Mass sackings at Bulldogs ahead of grudge match against Hasler

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think an announcement like this is really bad timing. This should off been done during the off season not now. Especially when the person at the dogs who leaks to the media is still there. He needs to be found. Hopefully he maybe one of the ones sacked but really poor timing.
Is there really a good time for this type of thing? I think they were seeing how it worked early in the season and the club mustn’t have been impressed by what they saw. Keeping them until the end of the season when they have decided they aren’t the people for the job is pointless.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not our attacking coach Georgalis, please no....
Attacking coach would only get so much say because the final decision is with the head coach whether that is attack or defence

Just ask Jim Dymock

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not our attacking coach Georgalis, please no....
8 games, two highest scores of 24 and 22, and 4 of 8 games 10 points or less, that’s embarrassing, and we had enough ball in the red zone against Manly to win 3 games. I concede they’re working with an inferior roster but if they want to shake up the coaching staff and structures, whoever is in charge of our attack can’t survive much longer with performances like that.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there really a good time for this type of thing? I think they were seeing how it worked early in the season and the club mustn’t have been impressed by what they saw. Keeping them until the end of the season when they have decided they aren’t the people for the job is pointless.
These guys had been there awhile so the club knew what they could bring to the table. They had the whole last season to see if these ppl fit their plan. Could have made the changes at end of last season. I think its showing incompetence/ bad planning to only notice the need for the change now, in the middle of the season.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
These guys had been there awhile so the club knew what they could bring to the table. They had the whole last season to see if these ppl fit their plan. Could have made the changes at end of last season. I think its showing incompetence/ bad planning to only notice the need for the change now, in the middle of the season.
I think it Patmore and McDonnells their roles heavily revolved around the junior teams and their seasons have just finished so that could be another reason the decision was made when it was. It sounds like Letvisky is replacing Farrar and Holmes. I don’t think we will ever find out what was behind the timing.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate welcome to the Anderson's and Moore games they won't rest till everyone they think is against them is gone.
Probably or probably not...time will tell if this board is agenda driven or the real deal. Not fair to make assumptions at this stage, they need to be given a fair go.
I'm backing them, BUT they better make the right calls, I'm running out of patience!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably or probably not...time will tell if this board is agenda driven or the real deal. Not fair to make assumptions at this stage, they need to be given a fair go.
I'm backing them, BUT they better make the right calls, I'm running out of patience!
I’m also backing the new board and understand they need time to fix things up.
But what are the right calls,extension to our coach !
Where we finish on the ladder this year
Recruiting top line players
Hiring correct staff who have no personal agendas
The voting is going to be interesting come early next year
I think most are nervous about the future of our great club

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The player signings for this year in all grades needed time to show their worth, that took some games, which have now been played. As we all know it's rocks and diamonds, some have worked out pretty well and some haven't. There is now a record to judge performance against their objectives set last year, plainly some didn't measure up. Plainly they weren't let go at the end of last season because of needing that time plus it's entirely possible there weren't any suitable replacements available at that time.

As a result this timing could be easily justified, time will tell.

Go Dogs

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am more concerned about the leak to the press how our club cannot sneeze without some prick who has access to this information is able to release it. I have supported the new board from day 1 and still do but this person needs to be caught. This has been going on many years

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The news could of been leaked by any of the 4 sacked blokes?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The clean out will continue. Penna and Georgallis will be out soon.
If anything Georgie would drop back and coach lower grades... he was good at that.

Antonelli and Penna I reckon would be in the firing line. Appear to have done fuck all since they came here, AND that new "skills coach", what skills is he teaching, because they aren't working!

Club need to get Griffin or Toovs on the phone and bring them in to work as a consultant coach to Pay. Pay is new and needs help with some things.

Fuck it bring all 3 in :D

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If anything Georgie would drop back and coach lower grades... he was good at that.

Antonelli and Penna I reckon would be in the firing line. Appear to have done fuck all since they came here, AND that new "skills coach", what skills is he teaching, because they aren't working!
Antonelli is safe as Pay brang him over from Mounties when he started here. They are thick as thieves.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We go to the ballot this coming Feb.
Lets see who else will be running.
On as side note didn't Chris Anderson have health problems and is he fit to make pressure cooker decisions? Hmm
I mean the last time he coached was with the roosters and decided to use only one marker and they got fleeced.
Is he in touch with the modern game??

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
On as side note didn't Chris Anderson have health problems and is he fit to make pressure cooker decisions? Hmm
That was 2001, when he had a myocardial infarction, the next year he coached the Sharks to almost a Grand Final and post that coached until 2007. As result I don't think health is an issue.

Go Dogs

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would you sack someone like Farrar without good reason?
Sad to see loyalty get the boot from the club.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why would you sack someone like Farrar without good reason?
Sad to see loyalty get the boot from the club.
Loyalty isn’t enough, this is professional sport it’s about performance. I’m sure they’ve got a good reason they’re just not going to share it, nor should they. Don’t forget he was hastily shifted from Dibs board to team manager, and as I’ve stated before the last team he managed was NSW who had zero success and cultural issues. I’m all for change in the football department/coaching structure cause whatever they’ve been doing clearly isn’t working

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Nrl 360 ,Kent said it was leaked to reporter. He called him and hill asked him to to report it until he called the guys to tell them they were sacked. So obviouly it was a board decision to sack them. Due to the leak it had to be done on that day. Probably would have been done later the next week. Who really knows.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nrl 360 ,Kent said it was leaked to reporter. He called him and hill asked him to to report it until he called the guys to tell them they were sacked. So obviouly it was a board decision to sack them. Due to the leak it had to be done on that day. Probably would have been done later the next week. Who really knows.
It’s easy to catch a leak but there’s been so many over the last few years it’s like they don’t want to catch it.