Realistic centre signings

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
All of the basket case teams of years gone by have dug themselves out by recruiting or unearthing quality first graders in their first 2-3 years of playing first graders.

We’re a basket case.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's correct Herbert was one we were looking at, but know how he ended up at warrior's.
Yeah recruitment team on fire....hence now fired.
Need some tough centres of the bulldog type.
Conrad hurrell plays like that ..bring him back from England ...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realistically for a basket case like us... D.Whare and A.Gray are probably our only options
Even they will knock us back.
Need a drawcard ...his name is phil gould,
Unfortunately Chris Anderson has tried and failed miserably I'm afraid with his recruiting

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah recruitment team on fire....hence now fired.
Need some tough centres of the bulldog type.
Conrad hurrell plays like that ..bring him back from England ...
Conrad Hurrell and Solomona Kata pairing would be interesting. Two very powerful and nuggerty guys who at their peak would strike some fear in opposition centres

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched reserves yesterday Nd honestly think Morgan Harper could handle FG
I would need to see a little more commitment in D before he got promoted. but as long as he continues to improve he will make the step up this year.

Downhill Skier

Waterboy
Reaction score
Christ I would take Blake Ayshford at the moment, why not throw Dale Copley in there as well.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why is there even a center thread?

Hooker is the number 1 position that needs to be sorted. Holland is hot and cold, granted. But it all starts with

a) service
b) ruck control

And right now - we have neither.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I also think Morgan Harper is ready for first grade and will only get better. Then we can spend that money somewhere else.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A guy tip me off 3 weeks ago that there was 3 sackings at the club that just occurred, he said mid season signings and more shake up to come
Maybe benny hill is next ..
Not really a mover and shaker type of ceo.
Hasn't really set the world on fire with his recruiting or take kudos for any worthwhile sponsorship deals , should I even mention his handling of the media at the time of crisis.mind you the mad Monday celebrations were on his watch and the buck stops with him. It was a dib appointment

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe benny hill is next ..
Not really a mover and shaker type of ceo.
Hasn't really set the world on fire with his recruiting or take kudos for any worthwhile sponsorship deals , should I even mention his handling of the media at the time of crisis.mind you the mad Monday celebrations were on his watch and the buck stops with him
I think you’re right his days are numbered.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Needing decent centres, who do u think we could actually sign? My choices, ramien and Curtis Scott, ramien if he's not happy and Scott can't be happy being dropped might be able to get em.
We are after Ramien for next year, the club prefers for next year.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are after Ramien for next year, the club prefers for next year.
The club is full of crap ...
They cannot sign anyone as no one wants to come....if they were any chance they would get him now they have the money
Furthermore we had all the aces and bargaining power when klemmer wanted to go ....and the fuckwits could not even organise a player swap.for ramien back then ...what makes you think they can get him now ...lol lol you are so gullible mate
Don't be under any illusions the club is in a crisis

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The club is full of crap ...
They cannot sign anyone as no one wants to come....if they were any chance they would get him now they have the money
Furthermore we had all the aces and bargaining power when klemmer wanted to go ....and the fuckwits could not even organise a player swap.for ramien back then ...what makes you think they can get him now ...lol lol you are so gullible mate
According to my source
The club are chasing three players for next year each of equivalent value of Napa.
1. Hooker 2. Prop 3. Center
The way they have organized the cap, they prefer to get these players next year.
But we could still get a surprise bonus !

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to my source
The club are chasing three players for next year each of equivalent value of Napa.
The way they have organized the cap, they prefer to get these players next year.
We all hope your right ...
But chasing only 3 players is just not enough particularly if we miss out .
They should be chasing 10 players ..first in best dressed

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to my source
Only this club would go after a prop! It's the last position we need, and I mean last!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Only this club would go after a prop! It's the last position we need, and I mean last!
Many on TK believe that we need another prop off the bench and Fualalo is off contract this year.

Go DOgs

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I tell you why we are desperate for a big prop
1. we have very average halves and hooker
2. we lack speed and bulldozing power
We struggle coming out of our 20m or attacking inside the opposition 20m