Opinion Lewis is a liability

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If lewis is doing that much defence he should be changed in the last 15/20 mins of the game i said to the wife last night he he is shagged and nu brown should be be replacing him nek minit short line drop out fail. He tries hard but i'm thinking with a fit foran cogger and lewis should have a half each. Learn a bit from foran, creat a bit of competion between the 2, lewis would be a good second half option fresh off bench to close out games ( just gotta get in front first lol)

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Okenbaur was flat that cut out pass by Lewis to ball boy is a break. The only thing Lewis isn't doing is running the ball so opposition players sweat on the pass. Lewis also put Okenbaur away in the 1st half but he ran out of space. As for Cogger he did some good stuff but he doesn't run either. That is what is lacking & that is what Foran brings. The interesting thing is what the coach does when Foran is fit to play as both the current halves have strengths and weaknesses. Personally I would run with Lewis due to his defence as that is another area where Cogger needs a lot of improvement.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He makes too many errors to make up for the occasional flashes of talent.

Foran and Cogger please.
Thing that gets me is he keeps making similar errors. I wanted him to hold his position and hopefully learn from his mistakes but it's not happening where cogger other then his defence has been getting better. Between tolman (playing unessecary big minuites and becoming a liability) lewis, okunbor, holland and pays frustrating use of the bench they are always going to struggle to win games. Nearly every other team in the comp would have put that game to bed with the injuries maly had in the game and how gassed they were in the last 15 mins.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s see:
- our best centre is on the right
- our best winger is on the right
- we scored both our tries down the right
- our best attacking 2nd rower is on the right
- the centre and winger that belongs in Reggie’s are on the left
- we let in two tries on our left

None of the above is a revelation to anybody, and similar trends have been there for weeks

We’ll have Ramien running at our reserve grade left side next week (unless the knights continue to ignore him), something needs to change.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Okenbaur was flat that cut out pass by Lewis to ball boy is a break. The only thing Lewis isn't doing is running the ball so opposition players sweat on the pass. Lewis also put Okenbaur away in the 1st half but he ran out of space. As for Cogger he did some good stuff but he doesn't run either. That is what is lacking & that is what Foran brings. The interesting thing is what the coach does when Foran is fit to play as both the current halves have strengths and weaknesses. Personally I would run with Lewis due to his defence as that is another area where Cogger needs a lot of improvement.
Blaming anyone except Lewis for that cut out pass into the crowd is a massive stretch. Why would Okonbur be so flat on the second tackle of the set? It wasn’t a good pass even if Okonbur was flat. Seeing as we had struggled for field position all game and time running out it was a diabolical play. He just threw it into space hoping for the best.

Pricey102

Waterboy
Reaction score
Deadset we wouldn’t even be in any of these games without his defence. He defends for himself, Holland and okunbur and whenever there’s a break his first there trying to stop it. Attack is easy to fix. Defence is the hard thing to get in a young half. He has a massive boot and good short kicking game. He just makes the wrong decisions in attack but he will learn. Give him a break.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If lewis is doing that much defence he should be changed in the last 15/20 mins of the game i said to the wife last night he he is shagged and nu brown should be be replacing him nek minit short line drop out fail. He tries hard but i'm thinking with a fit foran cogger and lewis should have a half each. Learn a bit from foran, creat a bit of competion between the 2, lewis would be a good second half option fresh off bench to close out games ( just gotta get in front first lol)
Seeing Pay uses a replacement hooker for 9 min prob not bad idea to have Lewis 14

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deadset we wouldn’t even be in any of these games without his defence. He defends for himself, Holland and okunbur and whenever there’s a break his first there trying to stop it. Attack is easy to fix. Defence is the hard thing to get in a young half. He has a massive boot and good short kicking game. He just makes the wrong decisions in attack but he will learn. Give him a break.
It’s a shame he is having to make so many tackles. Which is clearly impacting his decision making in attack. Other teams generally find a way to provide better protection to their halves... sure at times there is no hiding in the NRL, but Lewis is leading the tackle count of all NRL halves

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Blaming anyone except Lewis for that cut out pass into the crowd is a massive stretch. Why would Okonbur be so flat on the second tackle of the set? It wasn’t a good pass even if Okonbur was flat. Seeing as we had struggled for field position all game and time running out it was a diabolical play. He just threw it into space hoping for the best.
Yep there was nothing on dunno what he thinks sometimes

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have lewis love heart glasses on when you watch our games. He cant pass he cant run he cant organise his overall attack is pathetic. What game are watching. He can defend thats it. Get over him his a rubbish half.
Yep. Stole them from you last year!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's being so heavily targeted in defense, it's a surprise he can even do anything in attack.

He's needs help from his inside and outside men, and they're letting him down bigtime.

Lewis is still our man, we just have to deal with the fact he's still only played a handful of games out there. Considering how shit we are, I like how we still have this unrealistic expectation that a kid that's played 10 or so games is going to be able to put in 10/10 performances every week.

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe if Lewis had a better centre and winger outside him he'd be doing better.

Him kicking on the 4th was Pay's idea

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As i keep saying he needs foran in the halves with him watch him then

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
The 9 needs to become more aware as well. JMK is a brain dead robot. Just passes to whoever calls for it. He should use his brain and eyes to look at what half would be better to pass to. Lewis must yell louder than Cogger and JMK just goes ok I’ll pass to Lewis who has 1m to work with down a short side durp durp durp.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from bull terrier. He had this kid penciled in as an immortal all off season.
Now nothing

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's being so heavily targeted in defense, it's a surprise he can even do anything in attack.

He's needs help from his inside and outside men, and they're letting him down bigtime.

Lewis is still our man, we just have to deal with the fact he's still only played a handful of games out there. Considering how shit we are, I like how we still have this unrealistic expectation that a kid that's played 10 or so games is going to be able to put in 10/10 performances every week.
I'd settle for 7/10 but he dishes up 5s.