Realistic centre signings

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
Needing decent centres, who do u think we could actually sign? My choices, ramien and Curtis Scott, ramien if he's not happy and Scott can't be happy being dropped might be able to get em.

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree, if we could get them. Both quality players whose current clubs will not release without a fight.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way sharks can keep josh morris/dugan on $1mill and xerri go hard for xerri/scott/ramien in that order i reckon

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we need one centre and a winger.

Hoppa is doing a good job, I don't really agree with those saying to push him to the wing.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Xerri ain’t going anywhere he’s under contract till 2021.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Players being under contract means nothing these days especially when the sharks have a less salary cap

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Players being under contract means nothing these days especially when the sharks have a less salary cap
You are assuming that he wants to leave and there’s nothing to suggest he’s un happy at the Sharks.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Scott should be targeted, Ramien probably isn't available. Xerri will stay because Cronulla will cheat even more with their "reduced cap"... Staggs would be good but if Roberts leaves then he'll stay...

Reimis should get a few games at centre. He needs the ball more and anything should be open to consideration at this point.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell mitchell is off contract in 2021 but he is gonna want a mill is worth it
Xerri is worth a crack has speed to burn reminds me of Morris had all the speed in the world and developed to a super strong defender
I don’t like going after players who ain’t happy who don’t get their own way for what ever reason

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The title of the thread says realistic centre signings then players like Ramien, Xerri and Scott get thrown out. Sorry but they aren’t realistic they are contracted and I know every thinks a contract isn’t worth the paper it’s written on but it’s not as easy as offering someone a bucket of money and telling them to get a release. Attracting off contract players is going to be very difficult unless they are looking for a chance and getting players to ask for a release to come here is going to be even harder.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The title of the thread says realistic centre signings then players like Ramien, Xerri and Scott get thrown out. Sorry but they aren’t realistic they are contracted and I know every thinks a contract isn’t worth the paper it’s written on but it’s not as easy as offering someone a bucket of money and telling them to get a release. Attracting off contract players is going to be very difficult unless they are looking for a chance and getting players to ask for a release to come here is going to be even harder.
Scott and Ramian are contracted
Xerri of contract next year and same as mitchell

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we're going to have to wait for off contract players and offer them something worth coming for - money, a starting spot or have a good salesman who paints the club/facilities in a positive light. Also a coach they would want to play for.

Some of these players like Xerri aren't going to want to come to a club on the bottom of the ladder for a rebuild unfortunately.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nikora can play centre