A lot of negativity on kennel

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
after the loss last night everyone has an opinion on how bad we are. Lewis, Okunbor, Holland all need to be dropped. Pay has to go and you know the popular talk around here.

Question: if we field the same side as yesterday against the knights and come up with a win. Would you still call for changes ?

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
after the loss last night everyone has an opinion on how bad we are. Lewis, Okunbor, Holland all need to be dropped. Pay has to go and you know the popular talk around here.

Question: if we field the same side as yesterday against the knights and come up with a win. Would you still call for changes ?
Untill they can put together a few wins or at least back to back wins then yes. Pay should be putting pressure on these guys to learn from their mistakes not keep making the same mistakes nearly every game.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Had we played that poorly against the knights then yes, I'd still call for Lewis to be dropped for a week or two just to give him a rest and get his mind right.
Bottom line, there's always going to be negativity on here

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Had we played that poorly against the knights then yes, I'd still call for Lewis to be dropped for a week or two just to give him a rest and get his mind right.
Bottom line, there's always going to be negativity on here
Yh because we're dead last with a useless coach and piss away countless opportunities while continuing to make the same mistakes over and over...what else other than negativity should there be on here?

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You cannot watch those two tries the Beagles scored yesterday, and think nothing needs changing. Especially as the same things have been happening for weeks.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yh because we're dead last with a useless coach and piss away countless opportunities while continuing to make the same mistakes over and over...what else other than negativity should there be on here?

Sunshine, roses, peaches and cream with a bit of pay defending thrown in?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The questions are
-Did you see any positives out of that game.?
- Are you confident this team can beat the knights?
- Is Lewis's game progressing?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You cannot watch those two tries the Beagles scored yesterday, and think nothing needs changing. Especially as the same things have been happening for weeks.
Same team minus Nappa almost beat storm and smashed cowboys last week.

You will get rocks and diamonds with the rookies.

Having said that okunbor needs to go , I have said this even during our win last week.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Absolutely!!!
Our side is woeful, despite the chances to fluke the odd result throughout the year.
Majority of the squad cannot and will not get us into a title winning squad. Fact.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The questions are
-Did you see any positives out of that game.?
- Are you confident this team can beat the knights?
- Is Lewis's game progressing?
I wasn’t confident we are going to win any this season after the game against warriors yet we beat tigers then my confident went down further and I was positive we will end up with one win for the season then we beat cowboys.

See the pattern developing?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely!!!
Our side is woeful, despite the chances to fluke the odd result throughout the year.
Majority of the squad cannot and will not get us into a title winning squad. Fact.
Do you have better replacements in the reserves?

No ? Thought so

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When isn't it the only player I have a problem with is okunbur

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I wasn’t confident we are going to win any this season after the game against warriors yet we beat tigers then my confident went down further and I was positive we will end up with one win for the season then we beat cowboys.

See the pattern developing?
Is inconsistency a pattern lol. I see negativity in inconsistency not positivity. Lewis, okunbor, lichaa all negatives atm

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The positive is Foran is back next week

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have no game management skills at the moment.
  • We gave away countless 20M restarts for Manly with poor kicks.
  • We're pushing passes and kicks that just don’t need to happen.
  • There's an obvious lack of practising for short kick offs and dropouts. I’m going to assume field goals will be another issue of ours. We’re so set on not being smashed, that we don’t know how to grind a win out.
Now in saying this, this is all obvious signs of inexperience in the team as a whole. The players and coach are all inexperienced.

We just gotta hang in there a little more I feel. The Lewis and Okunbor errors in particular are going to keep happening, but we have to give them time.

Trust me I was fuming after last night's game, but we have to be realistic and realise that these types of games are going to be common at the moment. Yes Manly were out there with a Reserve Grade side, but the difference was they had an experienced and proven coach who knew what it took to grind out a win.

I'm hopeful the mix of the coach and players gaining more NRL games under their belt with strong recruitment, we can bounce back.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, tell yourself whatever you need to.
From my perspective we are shot, squad is a mess and needs massive overhaul.
If you want to convince yourself we’re not bad, your call.
When did I say we don’t need an overhaul , but can we do it this year or next year? Given our cap situation?
Same squad won 4 out of 5 last games last year.
We almost beat storm in Melbourne, equal points on majority of the teams with far better squad.
All I am saying there is way too much player bashing and calling for heads over here when we do not have any one better to replace with.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still baffled about our cap and being over.
We haven't had a top 4 roster for at least ten years. As I've stated before Des had us over-achieving.
Just compare us to other squads at the time we were nowhere near Souths,Broncos,Roosters,Storm, Cowboys probaly Dragons for a bulk of that
We haven't signed a marquee player since, well forever. Those other teams have at least 1 or 2 10/10 players a few 9's then 7 and 8's
Besides Barba we had no 10's but he had his breakout with us.
Like our halves haven't been marquee since 2003 and even then Sherwin never played Origin and Anasta was no Munster, Fitler, Locky etc
When was our last Cronk, Teddy, RTS, I Luke in his prime, Smith, Inglis, Slater, Munster signing..
Honestly I can't remember anything like this since we signed a washed up Ricky Stuart and Brad Clyde

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s too little to late now, we needed to win last night against a manly side that was hindered with injuries an top players out.!!! So many positives yes, but that was our chance to grab a back to back and go on to give us a Chance this season. was VERY possible and should have been done.!!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same team minus Nappa almost beat storm and smashed cowboys last week.

You will get rocks and diamonds with the rookies.

Having said that okunbor needs to go , I have said this even during our win last week.
Storm are off their game, missing Karate Bill organisation from the back I suspect. Cows are hopeless without Lolo.

Both games we were up for defensively.

It amazes me teams don’t funnel all their attack down our left, and bomb Okunbur continuously.

It also amazes me Reimis doesn’t get more early ball in attack.