Get Gould now

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
What did he do for Penrith.

He turned them financially, yes.

He didn't get a premiership which is the ultimate aim of any club. Close enough isn't good enough.
His job wasn't to Get the premiership, it's to make them compete for it, and get a development program set up. He done both and more. Turn them into a force and without losing their hooker /captain and fullback would have won the comp. Look at Penrith now ,Cleary in charge with no Gus input and they are last with us.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His job wasn't to Get the premiership, it's to make them compete for it, and get a development program set up. He done both and more. Turn them into a force and without losing their hooker /captain and fullback would have won the comp. Look at Penrith now ,Cleary in charge with no Gus input and they are last with us.
Gus only quit last week

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reports are Gus had nothing to do with the team since Cleary turn up.
Cleary made it clear on return to Penrith that Gould would have nothing to do with the team structure, game plans etc
Elliot, Griffin and Cleary previously stated that Gus would try to put input into the team. Ricky Stuart said he did the same thing at the roosters which led to them falling out and ricky leaving

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Why would Gould help? We would still have the same players until we can afford better (or wait until some of our juniors in the team get experience). We would still be in the same cap situation. We would have the same coach (which I dont have a problem with).

Also he did nothing to help Penrith on the field, which is what we care about most. They still haven't made a gf since 2003. And how are they going this year? Gould only just quit.

In regards to Gould....no no,no,no...no

Last edited:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've seen a few responses to my comments like this.

No offence but people that say this have no idea what a general managers role is. You can't pick and choose what you do and don't do as a general manager, you're responsible for overall success. In a club that involves premierships.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really don't understand why people create a thread in ALL CAPS like the op feels the need to shout it from the rooftop of every building.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As if Chris Anderson and Gould will get along.. to add to it one was sacked for the other 30years ago by Bullfrog..

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

No offence but people that say this have no idea what a general managers role is. You can't pick and choose what you do and don't do as a general manager, you're responsible for overall success. In a club that involves premierships.
He done everything but coach the team week in week out, until this season . He turned the club around, premiership or not when 75 to 80% of players in your squad are from your system than that's a success . The club is financially strong , juniors are strong , support is strong than that's a success. As I said Wallace goes down, with Wallace they win the gf for me. They haven't replaced him with anyone decent. They get a good 9 they win more often. The game today requires a 9 who is a direct threat. Panthers play to laterally. Cleary is sinking them not Gus.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Their still second last with all your ranting, great effort in proving nothing aside from some sort of unnatural Gus love. Our boys played a Fleg GF today, not the panthers. Our boys won the GF in NSW cup last year not the panthers. Gus achieved zero on a five year plan that took 8 years. Great observations from a clear Gould champion, now take his man parts out of your mouth and enjoy the resurgence of the mighty Bulldogs over the next few seasons
Yeah but they wouldn't be with the roster they have and wayne bennett as coach which is what gould wanted.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Their still second last with all your ranting, great effort in proving nothing aside from some sort of unnatural Gus love. Our boys played a Fleg GF today, not the panthers. Our boys won the GF in NSW cup last year not the panthers. Gus achieved zero on a five year plan that took 8 years. Great observations from a clear Gould champion, now take his man parts out of your mouth and enjoy the resurgence of the mighty Bulldogs over the next few seasons
I think Panthers running past has more to do with Ivan than Gus

The latter mentally checked out of the joint once Cleary was confirmed hence the resignation

Gus wanted Bennett not Cleary who he sacked
Bennett now has the Bunnies first equal

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People saying our financials are fine are lost. Just because we have money doesn’t mean we are smart with it. He could easily turn us back into a powerhouse. He talks shit but he knows the business models needed to succeed.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

JUST LOLOLOOLLOOLLOOLLL

I thought this was more the players and coach responsiblity.
You learn something new everyday, if that's case keep Lichaa, Lewis as starting half and montoya and Okunber on the wings.
Extend Pay for another ten years but fire Chris Anderson IMMEDIATELY.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
JUST LOLOLOOLLOOLLOOLLL

You learn something new everyday, if that's case keep Lichaa, Lewis as starting half and montoya and Okunber on the wings.
Chris Anderson is the ceo isn’t he? They just sacked the general manager of football in Gareth Holmes.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has been described as having a 'General Manager type role'
and I'm sure he has wayyyyy more input than Holmes since his tenure.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has been described as having a 'General Manager type role'
and I'm sure he has wayyyyy more input than Holmes since his tenure.
Yea most likely. But I don’t see Chris Anderson getting sacked anytime soon haha.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
JUST LOLOLOOLLOOLLOOLLL

Bud, please. Are you a GM of a business? When you understand how those roles work come and talk to me.

You can't pass the buck. How many times does a CEO step down from a business when an issue was really far removed from them. But ultimately they have to take responsibility.

That's why coaches were leaving because Phil Gould was interfering in the coaching trying to get success. But in the end despite his interference they didn't get a premiership.

Good luck to you if you feel strongly that Gould is the answer to our problems, I don't and we don't have to agree.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Cleary made it clear on return to Penrith that Gould would have nothing to do with the team structure, game plans etc
Elliot, Griffin and Cleary previously stated that Gus would try to put input into the team. Ricky Stuart said he did the same thing at the roosters which led to them falling out and ricky leaving
He is still one of the best football minds in the league world ever.