Jayden Okunbor

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I recall him saying he wanted to be the best African Rugby League player ever. Shoot for something a little more realistic champ. Start with being the best at listening to instructions.
exactly! I hope he gets dropped

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me his biggest issue is defence and reads , do you think it can be coached into him , if not piss him off to CC

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think THIS is a massive coaching issue.. Our edge defence has been atrocious since the back of Des.
I don't understand how a football club does not address key issues in the off season like-

Our defensive structure is wrong, our edge are making terrible decisions "let's work on that'
our hooker can't pass so we need a new one 'let's work on that'
Our halves couldn't organise a root in a brothel 'let's work on that'
we have very poor set plays 'let's work on that'
we have set no plays in the opposition's 20 'let's work on that'
our fullback needs to support and chime in more 'let's work on that'
Our strike side is not getting quality ball 'let's work on that'

Are these not fundamentals at any level? They seem quite simple to fix in six months at NRL/Professional level
What are the club and coaching staff working on, we know it's not recruitment.. I don't get it

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
His defence has always been shit that why they moved him from the second row out on to the wing

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I recall him saying he wanted to be the best African Rugby League player ever. Shoot for something a little more realistic champ. Start with being the best at listening to instructions.
Well after Mbyes game tonight I'd say Okunbor is already in the #1 spot.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give the bloke a break. I admit he has been terrible coming in with his defence and his hands have let him down a bit but he is only 5 odd games in and will get better. I remember Semi Radradra when he started was worse than Okunbor and look how he turned out. He will get better with experience. I’d probably swap hoppa and Holland around for multiple reasons but I think we need to do this ASAP. Holland / Smith combo last year was lethal plus I think Hoppa will help Jayden defensively.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He needs to learn how to catch.

Get Meaney to train him. He is so good under the high ball.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give the bloke a break. I admit he has been terrible coming in with his defence and his hands have let him down a bit but he is only 5 odd games in and will get better. I remember Semi Radradra when he started was worse than Okunbor and look how he turned out. He will get better with experience. I’d probably swap hoppa and Holland around for multiple reasons but I think we need to do this ASAP. Holland / Smith combo last year was lethal plus I think Hoppa will help Jayden defensively.
Lol give him a break....ffs the kids has no idea and is a reserve grader....he has 1 decent game and then we re-sign him for 2 more years based on fukin what...he has no idea in defence...absolutely can’t catch...I cannot believe that we have not got any other decent wingers coming through the club.....what the hell has happened to our ability to develop our juniors and recruit some decent wingers.....it just makes u wonder how far we have fallen....manly with so many quality players out looked so much better in attack.....

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
HAHAHAHHA Radradra was NEVER worse or even on par with Okunbor

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he learns to catch and defend hell be awesome lol

Pricey102

Waterboy
Reaction score
What has Crichton done wrong or is he injured? Got dropped for no reason and okunbur continually stuffs up has no idea in defence yet holds his spot. Wing is one of the few positions we actually have a good back up.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What has Crichton done wrong or is he injured? Got dropped for no reason and okunbur continually stuffs up has no idea in defence yet holds his spot. Wing is one of the few positions we actually have a good back up.
He was shit in first couple this year, struggle to get out, high ball
No difference to okunbor except he can get us metres

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His first year in the top grade his handling was abysmal
Whilst Semi was abit raw initially due to the fact he was new to the sport having played 7s rugby his entire life and also the bloke had never touched a dumbbell or had proper nutrition before he came to Australia he still showed glimpses, Okunbor has been in the system for 6-7 years and had access to the best training and nutrition since he was a teen yet still shows not much more than size and straight line speed, all other facets of his game aren't below average, they're downright terrible

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whilst Semi was abit raw initially due to the fact he was new to the sport having played 7s rugby his entire life and also the bloke had never touched a dumbbell or had proper nutrition before he came to Australia he still showed glimpses, Okunbor has been in the system for 6-7 years and had access to the best training and nutrition since he was a teen yet still shows not much more than size and straight line speed, all other facets of his game aren't below average, they're downright terrible
Have to start recruiting in Fiji for some big outside backs! Will come cheap

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think THIS is a massive coaching issue.. Our edge defence has been atrocious since the back of Des.
I don't understand how a football club does not address key issues in the off season like-
Our defensive structure is wrong, our edge are making terrible decisions "let's work on that'
our hooker can't pass so we need a new one 'let's work on that'
Our halves couldn't organise a root in a brothel 'let's work on that'
we have very poor set plays 'let's work on that'
we have set no plays in the opposition's 20 'let's work on that'
our fullback needs to support and chime in more 'let's work on that'
Our strike side is not getting quality ball 'let's work on that'
Are these not fundamentals at any level? They seem quite simple to fix in six months at NRL/Professional level
What are the club and coaching staff working on, we know it's not recruitment.. I don't get it
Let me see if I have this right, the coaching staff are only coaching the right side in defence and they are ignoring the left side?
Whatever they are doing, Hopoate's defence as a centre is better, much better this year than last year.
Is it possible that just maybe it's not the coaching staff, but the players who are forgetting/ignoring their coaching?

Go Dogs