Get Gould now

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are dead last. Impossible to do worse.
What he did with Penrith was remarkable. Imagine if Football is the only thing for him to concern himself with cause we all know our financials are A-OK.

Literally, nothing to lose.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What did he do for Penrith.

He turned them financially, yes.

He didn't get a premiership which is the ultimate aim of any club. Close enough isn't good enough.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

He didn't get a premiership which is the ultimate aim of any club. Close enough isn't good enough.
That board panicked and brought back cleary to keep the junior cleary who isn’t really that good. They were flying before they brought that bloke back.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m staring too think we have nothing to lose as we want results and maybe have no other choice. Was completely against the idea, believe me!!! But I really don’t know anymore.. perhaps he may be of help. We need it !!

TopEnd K9

Waterboy
Reaction score
We are dead last. Impossible to do worse.
What he did with Penrith was remarkable. Imagine if Football is the only thing for him to concern himself with cause we all know our financials are A-OK.

Literally, nothing to lose.
IMG_7456.JPG
Remarkable ..... their second last, only above us on differential..... remarkable

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The board wanted to get rid of Gould due to the amount of money spent behind the scenes and paying out coaches with no title! Getting Ivan Cleary was the keep Nathan Cleary and the first step of roping Gus back. He resigned before he was ‘made’ redundant and sacked. The only thing Gus really did was get Packer to bail them out! Look at signings etc and players let go?
Gus have been overrated for years. I said in another post we don’t need to pay him big dollars to play golf and give Pay and the team shit advice. His coaching is also past its time

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score

it's not his job to get them a premiership, it's the coach and the players. if we gave gus a week, he would point out a dozen things we're doing wrong. should consult him, even if we don't hire him full-time.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone who wants Pay gone should be encouraging this. Anderson and Co probably want Gould to do the dirty work for them -- including sacking Pay.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 9906
Remarkable ..... their second last, only above us on differential..... remarkable
I gotta say there are some real morons here.

I have had idiots tell me Lichaa will play origin C. Smith and Cooper Cronk are shit and Bellamy is a myth, this sarcastic statement is up there with 'em all.

Improved their Jnr system out of sight.
Got them competing every year when they were cellar dwellars
Build a very good roster stacked with local juniors.
Got the Penrith crowds way up.
Got the finances up to speed when they were almost gonna be out of the comp

This is off the top of my head and I have no idea what more he did behind the scenes..

There is so much one bloke can do and yes this is remarkable, have you done anything of this note?
Maybe your Elon Musk or something and I'd say wow, that's pretty special but pretty sure your just an average arm chair critic who has done nothing of this calibre in your life.

I think one huge problem at the moment with Penrith is Ivan Cleary which Gould was firmly against.
So showing me the current ladder further reinforces my point and gives your stupidity and ignorance further validation.

If he got us from Cellar dwellers to top 4/5 every year with a genuine title shot I would appreciate that.
If he build us a roster CAPABLE of winning a comp I'd appreciate that.

But I'm sure his powers reach a lot further than that..

Look at the ladder, the only way is up..

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He understands the game and the business at the highest levels. He also understands the Bulldogs and their culture, not some import who has never been to Belmore by choice. Where he goes so will follow sponsors, crowds and good PR in the media.

Rugby League is a very small pond and he is as big a fish as they come. You'd have to be really daft to think he couldn't contribute to the club.

TopEnd K9

Waterboy
Reaction score
I gotta say there are some real morons here.

I have had idiots tell me Lichaa will play origin C. Smith and Cooper Cronk are shit and Bellamy is a myth, this sarcastic statement is up there with 'em all.

Improved their Jnr system out of sight.
Got them competing every year when they were cellar dwellars
Build a very good roster stacked with local juniors.
Got the Penrith crowds way up.
Got the finances up to speed when they were almost gonna be out of the comp

This is off the top of my head and I have no idea what more he did behind the scenes..

There is so much one bloke can do and yes this is remarkable, have you done anything of this note?
Maybe your Elon Musk or something and I'd say wow, that's pretty special but pretty sure your just an average arm chair critic who has done nothing of this calibre in your life.

I think one huge problem at the moment with Penrith is Ivan Cleary which Gould was firmly against.
So showing me the current ladder further reinforces my point and gives your stupidity and ignorance further validation.

If he got us from Cellar dwellers to top 4/5 every year with a genuine title shot I would appreciate that.
If he build us a roster CAPABLE of winning a comp I'd appreciate that.

But I'm sure his powers reach a lot further than that..

Look at the ladder, the only way is up..
Their still second last with all your ranting, great effort in proving nothing aside from some sort of unnatural Gus love. Our boys played a Fleg GF today, not the panthers. Our boys won the GF in NSW cup last year not the panthers. Gus achieved zero on a five year plan that took 8 years. Great observations from a clear Gould champion, now take his man parts out of your mouth and enjoy the resurgence of the mighty Bulldogs over the next few seasons

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He understands the game and the business at the highest levels. He also understands the Bulldogs and their culture, not some import who has never been to Belmore by choice. Where he goes so will follow sponsors, crowds and good PR in the media.

Rugby League is a very small pond and he is as big a fish as they come. You'd have to be really daft to think he couldn't contribute to the club.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sure, he can cover the job of the 4 that were just sacked since he is so smart according to some people

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gould also got us a Grand Final win. Thought there was bad blood between him and the Dogs in the past. Would he come if invited?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Club have ruled him out according to the Daily Telegraph... which is kinda concurrent with my original suspicion that Gould has his sights set higher than club levels.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
WE could definately do a lot worse than get Gould in.Ex-player,Ex-coach he often states how much he respects the club.I believe he could do an outstanding job for us.
I just wonder though that when he left as coach it was reportedly due to him being worried about Bullfrog looking to replace him with his son-in-law,none other than Chris Anderson,husband of Lynne.
Would that still be an issue all these years later considering the positions of power these 2 have now at the Bulldogs?