Dogs on the Up!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've seen enough to convince me that the dogs are on the way up. Results aside, a few tweaks along with our energetic style of play will start to show. Cogger has stepped up, Ogden is providing the grunt, CHN is showing his worth, Remis is class act. Okunbor on the other hand has shown his hand. He is not ready for first grade. Although we lost, the signs are there.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have promise

Staying in the fight at 12 zip is going to benefit these pups

But Pay is not the coach to guide us

He lacks the fundamentals

Refer to my thread for an example

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree that there's quality in a lot of the players, but we ain't on the way up with Pay at the wheel.
NAB FAB. let's wait and see after a few more weeks. If the players are responding and are turning the corner, then I'll cut him slack. It was never an easy fix. I see your POV, however mate, I'll judge him at the end of next month.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is some talent in amongst this garbage roster.

Tolman, Holland, Lichaa, Montoya, Elliott, Marshall-King, Foran, Sue, Brown - All need to go.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
NAB FAB. let's wait and see after a few more weeks. If the players are responding and are turning the corner, then I'll cut him slack. It was never an easy fix. I see your POV, however mate, I'll judge him at the end of next month.
He has had 30 games, i've seen more than enough from him to make up my mind and no where near enough to change it.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with you in the fact that There are some glimpses of what a good team we could Be with the potential.. but BIG things need to change before you can say we are on the up.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is some talent in amongst this garbage roster.

Tolman, Holland, Lichaa, Montoya, Elliott, Marshall-King, Foran, Sue, Brown - All need to go.
Tolman went to the same school as Mbye to learn the craft of fooling coaches and commentators to think that he’s some kind of influential star player

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the end, your based on results and wins. You don't get anywhere with "effort". I don't see a bright future under Pay. I wanted him gone since last year and seen NO improvements since then.

Take Hasler for example, he may have ruined our club but he can coach. When you have nearly your whole spine out and multiple injuries and end up winning. Something tells me you can coach. Pay doesn't have this trait imo.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im sure all the bottom teams have shown positives so far this year.. we had more than ebough ball there in the 2nd half to score more than one try..

Something needs to change..

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor is a turn style In defence and some soft tries on his side. Besides his big frame and occasional hard runs he provides jack shit. Yea he is young and needs time but he is reminding me of idris reincarnated

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sure all the bottom teams have shown positives so far this year.. we had more than ebough ball there in the 2nd half to score more than one try..

Something needs to change..
Vision vision vision and X factor.... Napa plays with heart but he falls off way to many tackles for my liking. We need to wrap the ball and stop the offloads and we also need a gun centre like a Mitch to provide some sort of attack when our halves have nothing to offer

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Vision vision vision and X factor.... Napa plays with heart but he falls off way to many tackles for my liking. We need to wrap the ball and stop the offloads and we also need a gun centre like a Mitch to provide some sort of attack when our halves have nothing to offer
How many of our FG players would be first pick in another team..

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many of our FG players would be first pick in another team..
We have a bunch of good players but stupid mistakes and I mean very amateur mistakes like knock ons and dumb passes put us under pressure that we don’t need.... I’m so frustrated as we could have won that game if it wasn’t for certain players dumb decisions

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Foran coming back should make a BIG difference. Him and Napa were providing our points early on (or setting them up).

OP is right, the signs are there, we just need a bit of tweaking. To those players having shockers, it's only minor things in their game letting them down. Things that can be fixed.

The frameworks there and I feel it's just a matter of time until we gel and click as a team.

That said a few extra trial games wouldn't have gone astray.