How long will this club stay at the bottom?

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
We are short more than a couple of players. We are a good 7 or 8 short. And yes I’m saying Lewis, Okunbor et at are surplus. NRL is not a development league, you have it or you don’t. I’m tired of the re-build, give them tired mentality, it’s utter BS
You don't think everyone is tired of rebuilding? You should go back in time and tell Uncle Dib to stop allowing Hasler to backend everyone!

Stop this fantasy BS 7-8 players lol

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Des has had the last laugh. He knows how to win games even if it is desball or whatever you want to call it. Pay can’t string two wins in a row for shit. Just saying- no need to call me a des lover

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You don't think everyone is tired of rebuilding? You should go back in time and tell Uncle Dib to stop allowing Hasler to backend everyone!

Stop this fantasy BS 7-8 players lol
Do I need to point we are last my friend?Stoic displays over last few rounds, sure, but we still lose. Hope you get it. We are easily 7/8 players short. If you think we’re just a couple short of challenging, I’d say your insane and know nothing about the game. We all understand some sort of salary cap bungle has occurred but as a fan I want results or or I leave. NRL is getting harder and harder to follow each year and when the side you support is as poor as ours, I’m entitled to feel disenfranchised. I hate excuses and our club if full of them unfortunately

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Do I need to point we are last my friend?Stoic displays over last few rounds, sure, but we still lose. Hope you get it. We are easily 7/8 players short. If you think we’re just a couple short of challenging, I’d say your insane and know nothing about the game. We all understand some sort of salary cap bungle has occurred but as a fan I want results or or I leave. NRL is getting harder and harder to follow each year and when the side you support is as poor as ours, I’m entitled to feel disenfranchised. I hate excuses and our club if full of them unfortunately
Habib do u not understand we cannot just fucking buy 7-8 players?? Fmd

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Habib do u not understand we cannot just fucking buy 7-8 players?? Fmd
You’re definitely a jipo, I didn’t say we buy 7 or 8, I said we need them. Comprehend english? We need to buy, trade, cut etc and change this squad.
We cannot, repeat cannot ‘develop’ this squad thinking it’s on course.
To be clear, again, it’s what we need

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
You’re definitely a jipo, I didn’t say we buy 7 or 8, I said we need them. Comprehend english? We need to buy, trade, cut etc and change this squad.
We cannot, repeat cannot ‘develop’ this squad thinking it’s on course.
To be clear, again, it’s what we need
Thanks Ferguson!

Easy to say what we need without knowing the situation. You got no idea about the cap situation, we are paying players who are not playing for us you moron, you cannot cut them! What are u 16?

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need good bargain buys who are off contract - Welch, Feki

We need to throw big bucks at a gamechanger - Latrell Mitchell. Its already started with rumours (BS or not) about going to Souths. Parra have also thrown massive $$$ at him and i know this as a fact.

Club needs to look at the coaching ranks and structures.

And for the love of God, throw some money and the whole Canterbury cheerleading squad at Matty Johns to come in and work with Cogger, Foran and JMK

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks Ferguson!

Easy to say what we need without knowing the situation. You got no idea about the cap situation, we are paying players who are not playing for us you moron, you cannot cut them! What are u 16?
You’re off the charts stupid.
The post is my view, contrary to yours, that our squad is far from being competitive and challenging. Don’t the teach you kids to review your work any more.
If you want to debate the salary cap, let’s go.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long patient waiting game I’m afraid, unless we make some miraculous signings of any type. !!
Like I have said all along we have a good reserve grade side, unfortunately for us its a 8 million dollar roster depends who you believe...could be 8.5m.
The boys never give up and fight to the death.....unfortunately tonight manlys roster was no better

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need good bargain buys who are off contract - Welch, Feki

We need to throw big bucks at a gamechanger - Latrell Mitchell. Its already started with rumours (BS or not) about going to Souths. Parra have also thrown massive $$$ at him and i know this as a fact.

Club needs to look at the coaching ranks and structures.

And for the love of God, throw some money and the whole Canterbury cheerleading squad at Matty Johns to come in and work with Cogger, Foran and JMK
Matt Johns coaches half’s for free, but I’m sure he’d accept the cheerleading squad

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Matt Johns coaches half’s for free, but I’m sure he’d accept the cheerleading squad
He would do Cogger a world of good. Cogger has some good traits and with the right coach he would be a very decent half.

Pay cant get his forward rotations correct and he is an ex-forward, so he is no chance in teaching and improving Coggers game

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Team is down on confidence from losses, and then gets head of themselves in wins.

If that mind coach ***** floating around the coach (and Lewis still), tell him to fuck off and never come back.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TK does my head in sometimes. We’ll make the 8 in 2020/21 with this team add a player or 2. Look at our experience compared to other sides and we are putting in decent efforts at least. These kids will get better. I heard the stat today Reimis Smith has 14 tries in 20 games. Look how shit we’ve been?? Imagine when we are good. The talent is there we just need some experience under our belt. I’m still fuming we lost cook because I think that’s the one position we are missing

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
TK does my head in sometimes. We’ll make the 8 in 2020/21 with this team add a player or 2. Look at our experience compared to other sides and we are putting in decent efforts at least. These kids will get better. I heard the stat today Reimis Smith has 14 tries in 20 games. Look how shit we’ve been?? Imagine when we are good. The talent is there we just need some experience under our belt. I’m still fuming we lost cook because I think that’s the one position we are missing
The talent is not there. Okunbor could have won us the game. He lost his mark for 1 or maybe 2 Manly tries and dropped a certain try for us. Lewis is no playmaker, yet he plays number 7. We haven’t had a hooker since we let go of Cook. Only now do we have a fullback that may have the goods, but at best he’s a Matt Duffy, won’t win you a comp. Lucky we have Reimis Smith, but I feel for him, his talents are wasted with us

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont give a shit what anyone thinks but while pay is here we will stay there.

1- Fullback not touching the ball in attack shows shit attacking structure.
2- Keeping defencive duds like okunbor in the team. He literally runs into the middle of the field in defence, as a winger.

If lewis is in the halves next week, it proves my point. Halves should be cogger and foran. Lewis should be moved to the centres where his defence is less of a liability than holland. Montoya should return and fuck off okunbor (dont give a shit, montoya didnt run into the middle of the field, no way he is worse).

At the least, pay must publicly crucify okunbor in front of the team for leaking the 2 tries. Shit needs to learn. Despite everything else, if that didnt happen we win tonight.

Dont blame the refs. dont blame lack of experience. As i said in the match thread, sharks were new blood last night yet still won. Compare their structures to ours.

Ill give pay 1 thing though. He finally fucking realised lichaa is a waste of a bench spot. Took the dud way too long though.

Again, dont give a shit what anyone says. This is how it is. You cant fix the problem if you make excuses.
Yes, I fully agree, I'm getting pretty fed up with the same old excuses made by PAY at every post match press conference, " we made to many errors' ", well why the fuck doesn't he do something about it. He is the luckiest coach in the whole comp, he can hide behind the fact that we are rebuilding & it's a young, inexperienced side & get away with it, He already has an extension on his contract after 2 wins & 6 losses any other coach would be very nervous & facing the axe, but I think this board is as clueless as the coach, I mean really this the greatest Rugby League run competition in the world, and all the other 15 clubs seem to have their act together except us,(one of the richest clubs in the league ) we are fielding a reserve grade side that can't seem to match it with any other team and no one except the supporters seems to care, The NRL & our own board members have destroyed our club. This salary cap has really evened things up alright,if your the Roosters or Melbourne. What a fucking Joke and no one bothers to stand up & state the fucking obvious.

Reactions: Vek

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
When we have the money back in the cap

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop the whinging. Referee calls were the difference in at least the Manly and Melbourne games. Both away with home fans in the stands. Ref bias and error (even if unintentional) finally caught up with Melbourne this week. Hopefully the tide of getting on the wrong side of a referees whistles will go the dogs way before the season is out.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well Des has had the last laugh. He knows how to win games even if it is desball or whatever you want to call it. Pay can’t string two wins in a row for shit. Just saying- no need to call me a des lover
Des isnt perfect but he is a very good coach.. 2 comps and many final series is alot better than most..

Opinions dont matter, wins losses and premierships speak for themselves..

Ivan Cleary coaching since 2006 no premierships..
Nathan Brown coaching since 2003 no premierships..

Last edited:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This season we will be bottom 4.
As it stands right now I think we will be bottom 8 again next season.