Opinion Interchange rotations

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ogden tolman start change both 20 mins, Napa fua on, punch 10-15 after half time double switch Ogden tols back then double switch for last 10 what's that 6 changes, still leaves 2 for lock switch etc keeps the forwards reasonably fresh, if u can't get 20 out of a forward they shouldn't be there

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So why carry an attacking hooker on the bench at all? Even the storm who have the best hooker in the world give their bench utility game time.
No point to if he’s playing junk minutes at the end

I would say put another forward in but it’s pointless because Pay does not know how to work a bench

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To me it looks like Pay has his 13 players plus Elliot he trusts.

His rotations are just to give them a rest and he gets them back on.

He doesn't actually have a plan.
The fact that he benched Odin who was playing great only further supports your point.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did none of you see Ogden blowing hard before he was subbed ? Couldn’t even make it back into the defensive line.
I was going to say the same thing man he was at a stand still defensively when he was subbed after some really damaging runs but damn he was good while he was on.
He is developing into a real good prop.

It’s like we are totally forgetting that we are

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing man he was at a stand still defensively when he was subbed after some really damaging runs but damn he was good while he was on.
He is developing into a real good prop.

It’s like we are totally forgetting that we are
^Drunk for starters..

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have to take into consideration our position regarding the cap.
Pay may or may not know how to coach but I think he had made a couple of good early signings and got rid of the blokes that were not earning their big contracts.
It’s been done to death but if I am being realistic with our position then I think we are looking like a team that really wants to compete with a few good prospects that will benefit immensely once we can add a bit of class once our salary cap position allows.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have to take into consideration our position regarding the cap.
Pay may or may not know how to coach but I think he had made a couple of good early signings and got rid of the blokes that were not earning their big contracts.
It’s been done to death but if I am being realistic with our position then I think we are looking like a team that really wants to compete with a few good prospects that will benefit immensely once we can add a bit of class once our salary cap position allows.
No doubt

But my question specifically is his use of the interchange (lack thereof)

The other glaring issue is we do not have any set moves to open up space for Meaney hence his zero tries

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ogden tolman start change both 20 mins, Napa fua on, punch 10-15 after half time double switch Ogden tols back then double switch for last 10 what's that 6 changes, still leaves 2 for lock switch etc keeps the forwards reasonably fresh, if u can't get 20 out of a forward they shouldn't be there
I like two subs at a time, we should do it more often, our forward leg drive is ordinary overall as is our ability to wrap up the ball

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It has been an issue since day one. I don't understand why he doesn't bring brown one 10 mins before the first half to give JMK a break.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt

But my question specifically is his use of the interchange (lack thereof)

The other glaring issue is we do not have any set moves to open up space for Meaney hence his zero tries
I agree mate but my counter would be do we have the cattle to execute his plans?
I am no pay supporter but you would be mad to think that he is happy with how we are attacking or how holland/Okunbor’s side Are defending.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree mate but my counter would be do we have the cattle to execute his plans?
I am no pay supporter but you would be mad to think that he is happy with how we are attacking or how holland/Okunbor’s side Are defending.
Overall our roster is inexperienced but specifically tonight given Manly missing so many front line players then lost key players during the game and we couldn’t put them to bed is worrying

Remember we only had Foz missing

It’s going to be a long process but unfortunately more pain ahead

We are an easy target for refs and not good enough to recover for dubious/calls

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You don't need cattle just to throw CHN some early ball ffs. Not asking for anything complicated because we have limitations, but simple plays just don't even look to be in Pays play book. Pay looks dumb as shit anyway, doubt he has anything in him that is remotely competent in today game.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't need cattle just to throw CHN some early ball ffs. Not asking for anything complicated because we have limitations, but simple plays just don't even look to be in Pays play book. Pay looks dumb as shit anyway, doubt he has anything in him that is remotely competent in today game.
It’s hard to argue against that but we are not on a level playing field here.
We don’t have the players to create space for early ball to CHN.
Ogden is the goods but we really lack a one two punch and/or a half/hooker to take advantage of that to then create space/early ball to CHN on a regular basis.

I’m not against you I am with you on what we need.. I am maybe just more realistic on why we are not getting it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s hard to argue against that but we are not on a level playing field here.
We don’t have the players to create space for early ball to CHN.
Ogden is the goods but we really lack a one two punch and/or a half/hooker to take advantage of that to then create space/early ball to CHN on a regular basis.

I’m not against you I am with you on what we need.. I am maybe just more realistic on why we are not getting it.
Don't agree, it's hardly a complicated matter. There were multiple occasions tonight where CHN could've got some early ball but instead we stopped around the right upright and continually played towards the left edge over and over again.

We have enough to work with to not be dead last, Pay just has no idea how to effectively use what we have available.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't agree, it's hardly a complicated matter. There were multiple occasions tonight where CHN could've got some early ball but instead we stopped around the right upright and continually played towards the left edge over and over again.

We have enough to work with to not be dead last, Pay just has no idea how to effectively use what we have available.
I just want to see one drawn up play to take advantage of Meaney pace

Did you see how the Storm used that kid off the Bench last night

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Yh it really isn't hard, fucking kills me.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Helps when you have Munster and Smith in key positions. I’m sure we have set plays, they just can’t get to them, and if they do the execution is poor

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
I like double changes, maybe tolman doesn't make team, start fresh with Napa and Ogden starting double change fualalo and toomaga