Opinion Lewis vs Cooger

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could Lewis play hooker? Or bench hooker & go with 7 Cogger 6 Foran

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Put Lewis on the wing for Okunbor as he can run and defend well or in the centres for holland but then we don’t have a good second choice goal kicker expect for maybe Meaney but definitely NOT Kieran Foran he can’t kick a goal from right in front and Meaney isn’t really that good of a goal kicker compared to holland if we get rid of him and rising star Rhyse Martin . unless Cogger can goal kick good he can be second choice goal kicker

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For me Halves got to be
6. Cogger
7. Foran (Foran has to be the dominant player/halve)

Lewis 3-4 if replaces holland Cogger probably most likely the second choice goal kicker as Meaney isn’t really a good one and Foran you saw from last years miss from in front
Or maybe 2 in replace of Okunbor as he can defend better and won’t make the stupid drop balls that Okunbor has in his game so holland can be second choice goal kicker until we have money for better centres or Morgan Harper is ready but may not be for a year or two to give him time to develop and show us consistency as we must have consistency

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a fan of Lewis but the last few weeks he's been terrible and cogger gets better every week. The biggest issue is how much the left edge will be weakened in defence with him gone. It's already fucking hopeless lol

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cogger by the length of the straight

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s been close until tonight

Cogger TkO

And his game will complement Foran

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger for the win, I have to say I was very impressed with him tonight .. he’s really improving every week.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis needs to be rested or he'll burn out, he definitely looks tired.
I posted this before the Manly game and I will continue to state my case. It was evident more so on the weekend that Lewis needs a rest. So much has been put in his shoulders and a drop down to reserves might just rejuvenate him.

Remember he doesn't have much support with an experienced halves partner especially the past month and I think too much is being expected of him so early in his career.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mid season signing aidan sezar please.
1. Meaney
6. Foran
7. Sezar
9. Cogger

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lewis is probably more in need of a rest for the 1-3 weeks it will
Take for Foran to sustain another long term injury....

We’ll miss him in d though.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis has lost confidence in attack in my opinion. Perhaps it's just the amount of effort he's putting into defence that has him off in attack. And I hope he can keep pushing for a spot as the season progresses, but Cogger is definitely providing more attacking flair. Lewis has been great defensively, but Cogger is doing the job in defence too albeit in less spectacular fashion.I hope a few weeks in reserve grade helps Lewis get his form back. He is looking frustrated now and it seems to be sparking some poor decisions. I don't think it's a lack of effort or skills. He will hopefully come good.

Cogger is growing in confidence right now. His kicking game is more polished and he's taking the line on occasionally too.

I don't know if the pressure of expectations is a big factor for either of them. But for me Cogger is the better choice to partner Foran if he comes back soon.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think Lewis is as bad as what people make him out to be. I just think the toll of playing grade and bigger players running at him every game as caught up to him. He is still very young and needs to develop. Do I think he is out of form? Yes. But I wouldn’t ride him off completely.

I agree he prob needs some time in Reggie’s to recoup but I still think this kid will be special. He has probably concentrated a lot on defence as he wasn’t the best defender last year. Attack will eventually come.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger deserves his spot. As much as i like lewis cogger at the moment is better with foran. I would try lewis at centre and put holland at wing and drop okinbur he has too many mistakes in him fir now. Lewis will certainly do his job in defence if we can save those tries against us

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger deserves his spot. As much as i like lewis cogger at the moment is better with foran. I would try lewis at centre and put holland at wing and drop okinbur he has too many mistakes in him fir now. Lewis will certainly do his job in defence if we can save those tries against us
That must have really took alot for u to say that bully.
We all know how much you love lachy.