News Mass sackings at Bulldogs ahead of grudge match against Hasler

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t disagree, but if they didn’t have a sense of this before the start of the season, I’m even more concerned.

I’m not sure how unsettling this may be to the playing group (maybe not at all), but if it is, it supports the notion of doing this prior to the start of the season...
Maybe they had set certain goals for the first third of the season and they hadn’t been met?

I don’t think it will have much of a effect on the playing group to be honest.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
every team decided at the same time to not take the early 2 points anymore. so lets bring back the kicking dual

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mulholland
Gould
Hughes
Or anyone willing to travel to recruit

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doubt it, that would be a tardy response and it didn’t see Pay, Mitch Newton or any of the players involved sacked
I’m pretty sure they organised it and it probably wasn’t the whole reason they got punted but I’m sure it was a factor.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wasn't Farrar appointed by the current board?

The thing that concerns me about the article is we want to go back to being a development club. Yes we need to develop youngsters but this needs to be balanced with quality recruitment. There is also zero loyalty from players - the days of developing a player and them staying loyal for unders is long gone.
Yep it will only lead to heartbreak and give the roosters more to steal. I will say that our junior sides will need to change dramatically then, because we have alot of big ethnic/islander boys that whilst great in that age group for their size, generally fall way back once everyone else catches up. I guess thats why they are getting a foothold in mid north coast and new england.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if the Dogs have used these sackings in order to seize the opportunity to snag Gould.

Thought I feel Gould may be aiming higher than club level.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Which was the last development club that won the comp?..

Roosters, Sharks, Souths, Melbourne, Cowboys, Manly, Dragons..

Theyve been all the premiership winning clubs since 2007..

Success in FG has been more about great recruitment than development..

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I feel like Gould’s ego would make him take any role where he can take the spotlight for any positive changes/results. Recruitment would be the best role for him. Not money wise but for feeding his ego

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be very interesting to see who fills their spots.

Will it be:
a) inside jobs for the boys/friends ; OR
b) people best qualified for those positions.

AND PEOPLE ..

Keep boardroom bullshit (Des, Dib yadda yadda) out of here. If people shift the conversation to that bullshit again they'll be removed from the thread.
Serious question here. Why do you get to make that rule?

As long as there’s no foul language what’s the problem? We aren’t allowed to voice our opinions about the administration in an article about a decisions made by that same
administration?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wonder if we lose the Keebra Park connection now without McDonnell.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t mind turning into an insular family club if it means getting the best and brightest.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which was the last development club that won the comp?..

Roosters, Sharks, Souths, Melbourne, Cowboys, Manly, Dragons..

Theyve been all the premiership winning clubs since 2007..

Success in FG has been more about great recruitment than development..
It’s a mixture of both buying and developing players. Those squads had a lot of players on the roster that made their debut for the club and then they bought players that they need to put them into contention. Developing players doesn’t mean you’ll never buy anyone.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve got no problems with moving people on who are underperforming, I just find the timing peculiar to be honest!

It’s a shame we can’t pay someone like
Lichaa out and move him on also...
Might be to go under the radar as all news will be about dogs vs des. Probably better now than later if it was to be done.

Who is shortlisted to move into the new roles?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't Farrar appointed by the current board?

The thing that concerns me about the article is we want to go back to being a development club. Yes we need to develop youngsters but this needs to be balanced with quality recruitment. There is also zero loyalty from players - the days of developing a player and them staying loyal for unders is long gone.
The fact is that you can do well by paying for occasional marquee players, but need to balance that by always having good youngsters coming through on smaller wages. It's where we've fallen over in recent years. We've had to buy the solid players on inflated wages to fill gaps.

Farrar stood down from Dibs board prior to the election to become team manager so I think it was only a matter of time before he went.

I don’t think becoming a development club rules out ever signing quality players. They just want the majority coming through our system.
Even if we get two good years of NRL from a youngster on low wages it allows us to retain quality in key positions such as the spine. Our production line used to allow for that. Greenberg didn't feel like spending money to bring through players was a wise decision. We have a couple of years before this pays dividends, but hopefully we can ride it out and develop the youngsters that have potential while our junior rosters are being improved.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
looks like they are seriously looking at Gould