Official Round 8 - Injury Report

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/04/30/mpa-injury-report-round-8/

Foran - 4 weeks post op from syndesmosis. Needs to tick a few boxes.
Napa - Needs to tick a few boxes.
RFM - Possibly out of brace today, and a few weeks off being back out on field with the squad.
Martin - Passed HIA protocol
Katoa - Sore all over. Came back a week or two early.
Wakeham - Sore all over. Stress reaction on field.

Would be good for both Naps and Foz to return from synDESmosis injuries vs Desmondo.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Foran and Napa are both fit for this weekend so soon, the only thing I can think of is that we're using black magic. lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
For those who want to know about the tightrope repair/system used on Foran, an interesting video here: https://www.scoi.com/patient-resources/education/tightrope™-fixation-ankle-syndesmosis

There's another one showing a real operation and it in use, but I'm a tad too squeamish for that :D.

Pretty cool idea, and understandable how even with an operation recovery could be much faster.

Likewise the AlterG is an interesting one. Valued about $75-$150k a treadmill.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We won’t beat Manly at Lotto stadium. Hasler will have his team prepared like it’s a GF. I’d leave Foran and Napa out, no point season ending injuries on that dog paddock.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Getting Ayoub back was a master stroke! Look at Manly struggling with James Rahme and ruining T Turbos hamstring after bringing him back too early!
never was a rahme fan... was dirty that shamrock left, but happy to have Tony back.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
never was a rahme fan... was dirty that shamrock left, but happy to have Tony back.
Shamrock lost me when he bought Tolman back early and did his hammy again a few years ago. I’d love Napa and Foran back this weekend but if there is even a element of doubt they should wait a week.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont bring either back this week. Err on side of caution. 2 more weeks to heel completely, be 100% weight bearing.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont really understand all the talk about not playing foran/napa at brookvale. My opinion is if they are considered fit, then they are just like other players in the team and should play.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pay on Bulldogs site.. given up to the Captains run tomorrow (Napa and Foran about the same chance of playing). Haven't gone full contact and Foran hasn't been tested kicking yet either.

I doubt either will play...

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shamrock lost me when he bought Tolman back early and did his hammy again a few years ago. I’d love Napa and Foran back this weekend but if there is even a element of doubt they should wait a week.
SHAMROCK DIDNT BRING HIM BACK EARLY IT WAS ALL ON HASBEEN, WHY DO YOU THINK SHAMROCK RESIGNED, HE WAS MADE TO DO THINGS HE DIDNT THINK WAS CORRECT. SHAME ON HASBEEN

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay on Bulldogs site.. given up to the Captains run tomorrow (Napa and Foran about the same chance of playing). Haven't gone full contact and Foran hasn't been tested kicking yet either.

Looks like another of Liccha's crap games then.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard training tomorrow, no mention of "Captains Run".

Go Dogs

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tony ayoub is so good makes me dislike hasler even more for getting rid of him

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard training tomorrow, no mention of "Captains Run".

Go Dogs
The Captains run is the name for training the day before a match, where the captain leads it (I could be wrong though, I’m not 100% sure)