Brandon Wakeham

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m with certified. Is sue family ? I can’t see anything in this kid , buy a real half we can’t wait around ,he’s had a leg up ???

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waksman is a long way off first grade but he can get there. Like any great half he needs a solid year or 2 in reserve grade to Hone his game. No point playing him in u20 when he will run rings around kids. He needs to vas adults and get put on his ass a few times.

We do seem to have some decent backups in nsw cup and a few decent forwards (as is always the case with the dogs). Who was the fullback the other day? Very very raw must have been plucked from nowhere when Meaney came up. But in saying all that we did perform across the park. But you need to question the level of reserve grade when Montoya is a stand out :p haha.

Like let’s not get excited because a kid set up a few try’s. Long way to go.
The majority of us said the same thing about meaney and cogger me included ....but look at them now going good

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yep, I got my eye on Katoa as well. I think this kid has something to offer, very young and already showing some really good signs
Local junior like Okunbor too. Could end up soon with two local juniors on the wings!

I’m with certified. Is sue family ? I can’t see anything in this kid , buy a real half we can’t wait around ,he’s had a leg up ???
Wakeham is future. There's another really promising looking half coming through our Harold Matts at the moment (Iverson Teo). He's a long way off, but brilliant footwork and a mad ball runner.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’s played no junior rep footy... not even in the same sentence as the top halves in lower grade footy and you expect this kid whose never seen the light of day in top footy in lower grades to steer us to being “contenders” every year in first grade... I should report your comment for being so stupid lol
Certified you got this all wrong, I guess you haven't watch him play enough. He is definitely a halfback that we need and build a team around, he has all the skillset halfback needs. Great passing game, good vision to go with it. Good kicking game& a real handy goalkicker. Question mark I have on him is his running game, not the fastest halfback going around.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Connolly Leumelu was the fullback ... Keebra Park > Tigers Juniors > Bulldogs. Stupidly quick in open space and moves really well across the field. Has come up from Flegg, after Toa Mata'afa got dropped to Bundy Cup.

Tui Katoa is the one I'm keeping an eye on. Good potential prospect, and unlike Okunbor safe under the high ball, with absolute speed to burn. Scored a beast of a try on the weekend.
Yea Tui Katoa is an impressive prospect. Looked great, don’t have a big opinion on wakeham.. so Can’t really say a lot! But seems to do ok, will hold judgement until further down the track, but promising signs no doubt..!!!

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did Brandon go in NSW Cup yesterday?

Over the last couple of years I have read good reviews about this kid, and I would like to know how he is progressing and if the kid has any potential?

We definitely need to find a half from our junior system in the next couple of years, as its quiet obvious that Foran is not for the future and the manufacturing of Lewis as a half will fail
The kid looks full of Confidence

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
His try and linebreak assists stats alone are impressive from the lower grades... He may or may not eventuate as a top half, but as of right now he has ticked all the boxes he has needed to, so he is worth developing...

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Certified you got this all wrong, I guess you haven't watch him play enough. He is definitely a halfback that we need and build a team around, he has all the skillset halfback needs. Great passing game, good vision to go with it. Good kicking game& a real handy goalkicker. Question mark I have on him is his running game, not the fastest halfback going around.
Just ask Brad Fitler about him. I'm pretty sure he's a good judge.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
you have summed him up very well

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I can go with that but to say, he’s gonna take us to finals every single year when he debuts is a big call and silly

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok I can go with that but to say, he’s gonna take us to finals every single year when he debuts is a big call and silly
Definitely a big call but if has the right outside backs around him he will use them perfectly with his great passing game, early ball or at the line he reads the situation really well. Who knows anyway his still young and a lot of work in front of him, but his got the goods to be really good halfback. It's only my view in what I've seen of him, but I also respect your views as well.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Definitely a big call but if has the right outside backs around him he will use them perfectly with his great passing game, early ball or at the line he reads the situation really well. Who knows anyway his still young and a lot of work in front of him, but his got the goods to be really good halfback. It's only my view in what I've seen of him, but I also respect your views as well.
he threw a beautiful ball for the fullback on the weekend that resulted in a try .. it was a classy no look instinctive pass ..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully we also keep Iverson Teo coming through. If he carries the talent in Matts through the grades he could be something special as well. Speed to burn as well.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hopefully we also keep Iverson Teo coming through. If he carries the talent in Matts through the grades he could be something special as well. Speed to burn as well.
I agree he will be a great fit with Wakeham in the halves, very good ball runner and very good on his feet. They will compliment each other perfectly.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he threw a beautiful ball for the fullback on the weekend that resulted in a try .. it was a classy no look instinctive pass ..
Ohh wow!!! Sign him up for ten years!!!!

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now we gonna wait for 16yr olds to develop.... gee whiz