Official Bulldogs local junior Jayden Okunbor signs for further two years

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's got plenty of time to work on his game. I'm sure the mistakes will decrease sooner or later.

Nice to have a bit of depth on the wings.

Smith
Okunbur

Kotoa - I like the kid
Crichton - Deserves another chance if we get injuries, but Katoa gets first crack.

Need to buy a couple of gun centres, a dummy half, and a Prop.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's got plenty of time to work on his game. I'm sure the mistakes will decrease sooner or later.

Smith
Okunbur

Kotoa - I like the kid
Crichton - Deserves another chance if we get injuries, but Katoa gets first crack.

Firstly a half to partner Cogger

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
NRL minimum wage is 105,000 in 2019. As a starter do you think he will get that little? Either way solid signing given we need to nurture junior talent. He's young enough that some of the things he lacks we can try and develop. Helps that his mum is here.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NRL minimum wage is 105,000 in 2019. As a starter do you think he will get that little? Either way solid signing given we need to nurture junior talent. He's young enough that some of the things he lacks we can try and develop. Helps that his mum is here.
Exactly!

He’s likely to be 200-250k band

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a very raw talent but Pay is probably the best coach to get the best from him and all the other young players as well.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He still has plenty of room for improvement. But I'm happy to have him here for another couple of seasons.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Excellent news... Even though we may have to wait 2 years for Okunbor's balls to drop his definitely worth hanging on to.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m happy with the signing...If he can work on and develop his defence, positional play and hands, he can be a winner for the doggies

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Smith
Okunbur

Kotoa - I like the kid

Hooker? The way JMK is progressing week to week we might be in some luck, by the end of the year at this rate he could be a gun hooker.

Prop? With kids like Kalache, Roumanos and RT showing plenty of promise and if we can manage to turn RFM into a middle forward we may be good in the forwards again...Hopefully.

BUT we definitely needs gun centres or atleast one for now. Harper has had a slow start to the year but has shown plenty of potential though Whare would be nice over Holland if that's a possibility. Would be enormous for our right edge defence next to Foran and Hoppa could move to his favoured left side with Harper as back-up.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Happy to see him kept, as long it’s it’s for value of corse , and I’m sure if he works on his ball security and keeps running hard down the edge and through the middle it’s worth it.

Good luck to him and hope to see him develop now he’s settled and can just concentrate on his footy for the next couple..!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hooker? The way JMK is progressing week to week we might be in some luck, by the end of the year at this rate he could be a gun hooker.

Prop? With kids like Kalache, Roumanos and RT showing plenty of promise and if we can manage to turn RFM into a middle forward we may be good in the forwards again...Hopefully.

BUT we definitely needs gun centres or atleast one for now. Harper has had a slow start to the year but has shown plenty of potential though Whare would be nice over Holland if that's a possibility. Would be enormous for our right edge defence next to Foran and Hoppa could move to his favoured left side with Harper as back-up.
Rather keep what we have then sign Whare. Only person I'd want over Holland that is off contract is Nikora. Otherwise wait until next year when there are some gun centres off contract. Also Hopoate isn't a X-factor, he's 6/10 probably, but he's a leader within the club, which is important.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Providing on reasonable coin then I like 2 years. Long enough for us to know if he's any good plus it ticks a box for a position taken care so we can concentrate on bigger signings.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Happy with this. Would be on a relatively cheap contract. He wants to be at the club and hopefully this will help in him making efforts to improve his deficiencies. Big boy to have on the wing as it has been years since we have had any real height out wide.

He has the ability to motor pretty quickly and can run hard, just needs to learn how to put on a step and not get turned inside out in defence.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Smart move... sign him up before:
a) his value goes up too much.
b) as incentive to the other younger players to perform.

Maybe the eventual idea is the players will stick with us through loyalty and comradery, and sign for less.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Oates should be signed to take his spot... Okunbur as injury cover