Brandon Wakeham

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How did Brandon go in NSW Cup yesterday?

Over the last couple of years I have read good reviews about this kid, and I would like to know how he is progressing and if the kid has any potential?

We definitely need to find a half from our junior system in the next couple of years, as its quiet obvious that Foran is not for the future and the manufacturing of Lewis as a half will fail

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not sure how he went. He's only just back from injury and has missed some of the preseason and the start of the season so he'd need a few weeks to find his feet before you could get a fair assessment on how he's travelling.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had a strong game for his first of the season, but unfortunately went off injured in the final stages.. looked like a lower back complaint...

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
OMG, you just triggered the fuck out of the Foran and Lewis lovers

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Over the last couple of years I have read good reviews about this kid, and I would like to know how he is progressing and if the kid has any potential?

We definitely need to find a half from our junior system in the next couple of years, as its quiet obvious that Foran is not for the future and the manufacturing of Lewis as a half will fail
The kid has potential and definitely gets in the thick of things.

By this time next year, he will have Lewis & Foran in his back pockets

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like what i see from this kid.

We just need a really good halves coach to transition this kid from the "kids" to "men"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Be interesting to read why he went off. Looked very sharp for his first game and was in everything. Quite the livewire for a halves player.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering it was his 2nd reserve grade game and first game for the year he looked great. He is probably the only traditional halfback on the club’s books at the minute. He still has lots to learn but is a great long term option as long as his size doesn’t become a problem he’s tiny even after spending all off season in the gym.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like what i see from this kid.

We just need a really good halves coach to transition this kid from the "kids" to "men"
True that!

Hopefully he doesn't have a ego like that Dylan Brown from Parra

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering it was his 2nd reserve grade game and first game for the year he looked great. He is probably the only traditional halfback on the club’s books at the minute. He still has lots to learn but is a great long term option as long as his size doesn’t become a problem he’s tiny even after spending all off season in the gym.
He is only 18 isn't he?.. he has time to build up.. do you remember Barba as a 18 year old.. he was about the same and he filled out..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is only 18 isn't he?.. he has time to build up.. do you remember Barba as a 18 year old.. he was about the same and he filled out..
I think he’s 20 the problem is Barba didn’t have to defend in the front line.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wakeham, a local junior from Chester Hill, is a graduate of the club's Harold Matthews, SG Ball and Youth High Performance teams and was named SG Ball Player of the Season in 2017. The talented half spent the 2018 season with the club's Jersey Flegg side and played two matches with the Intrust Super Premiership team. The 19-year old played 17 games with the under 20s and came up with 17 try assists, 21 line break assists, an average of 60.9 running metres and 190.4 kicking metres per game, as well as a goal kicking percentage of 76.1%. The halfback signed a two-year contract extension at the beginning of the 2018 season, keeping him at the Bulldogs until the end of 2020.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he’s 20 the problem is Barba didn’t have to defend in the front line.
Fair enough .. still think he can fill out a bit... I think he has at least a season or 2 in Reggie's before we'd Think of using him.. unless we have a halves injury Crisis of course..

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fair enough .. still think he can fill out a bit... I think he has at least a season or 2 in Reggie's before we'd Think of using him.. unless we have a halves injury Crisis of course..
Brandon will be ready to go next year.

Bit of Carrot, Kale and T-bone juice and he will be raring to go

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Just returned from an injury and left the field early..did not look happy and it was mentioned that he looked a bit inconvenienced as he walked down the touch line. He played pretty well today and showed some good form. Had a try assist and put in a few nice kicks.

He is still very young and at 20 will, as is the way at the Dogs. be brought along steadily and will play more Canterbury Cup this year. Has a contract with us until the end of 2020.

He seems to have built up a bit this year and does not look as stick thin as he did last year. I like the kid and he has a lot of confidence in himself which is a positive.

Lachie has basically played in the halves for his whole career so is not really a 'manufactured half'. I still think that is where he will always play and if anything was a 'manufactured centre" as we had an issue in filling that role in Intrust.

He likes to play in the halves so he can be more involved in a game, his exact words, and was not happy playing centre but did it because the coach asked him to.

Dexter35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just returned from an injury and left the field early..did not look happy and it was mentioned that he looked a bit inconvenienced as he walked down the touch line. He played pretty well today and showed some good form. Had a try assist and put in a few nice kicks.

He is still very young and at 20 will, as is the way at the Dogs. be brought along steadily and will play more Canterbury Cup this year. Has a contract with us until the end of 2020.

He seems to have built up a bit this year and does not look as stick thin as he did last year. I like the kid and he has a lot of confidence in himself which is a positive.

Lachie has basically played in the halves for his whole career so is not really a 'manufactured half'. I still think that is where he will always play and if anything was a 'manufactured centre" as we had an issue in filling that role in Intrust.

He likes to play in the halves so he can be more involved in a game, his exact words, and was not happy playing centre but did it because the coach asked him to.
Lichaa has played his whole life as a hooker and still cant pass left to right, off the ground or kick a ball.

If Lewis has not learnt the "basics" of a half, while spending his whole career in the halves, than there is something wrong.

I agree with the OP, Lewis & Foran are not the answer to out long term halves requirements

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he stays healthy, he should definitely be given a run soon. He looks like he could be the long term halfback we've been looking for.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why through our junior system?? That’s a dumb comment.... so just bring up a half who has no talent as long as he’s from our junior system... smh

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He’s not a good player... over hyped